Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Please you

Comments

• Getting up in the morning. A real gift....
  • ilovelucy said:

Getting up in the morning. A real gift....

I have heard there are tablets you can you, if you are having issues there :wink:
  • Stig said:

All day I've been remembering the teary eyed report from Jim Rosenthal when Millwall were relegated in 1990. It was the funniest thing on tv for years. Just remembering it brings me so much pleasure all these years after.

I wonder who'll play the earnest tv presenter almost choking on their own words tonight.

Apparently it was Brian Blessed:

• Waking up and remember The Spanners got relegated last night
  • .....1:51 onwards if you wanna save a bit of time
  • I was having a piss in the W hotel toilets in Leicester square and I raised my conversation on the general things that annoy you thread (pg187-189) with Valley Gary and Mr Largo about the poncification (not even a real word) of coffee shops with a work colleague. He absolutely loved it. He said, and I quote 'superb'
  • At weekends, waking up same time as on a work day and realising that I don't have to go to work and can, therefore, go back to kip if I so choose.

Driving to The Valley on match days.

Leaving The Valley after a good win
  • Finding out yesterday my boss has hired me a new Executive Assistant who is....

- French Canadian (would have preferred fully French, but hey...)

- Extremely attractive (from her photo)

- Going to be booking all my flights, hotels and log my expenses - and all the other stuff I hate doing.

Got to be happy with that, although my missus doesnt seem to share my enthusiasm....

• Sponsored links:

• I quite like coming out of covent garden tube station in the morning when it is completely empty before the day starts, the sun is shining. You almost get the feel you could be abroad (almost).

• cabbles said:

I quite like coming out of covent garden tube station in the morning when it is completely empty before the day starts, the sun is shining. You almost get the feel you could be abroad (almost).

What somewhere in Easter Europe?
  • brogib said:

cabbles said:

I quite like coming out of covent garden tube station in the morning when it is completely empty before the day starts, the sun is shining. You almost get the feel you could be abroad (almost).

What somewhere in Easter Europe?
    I was thinking more southern europe, the square etc, the market getting ready etc. I'm using creative licence here.......
  • At night, when standing a goodly distance away from street lights, I can see The Plough.

At night coming out The Plough, I can see the street lights in the distance.
  • Getting to the front of a queue having queued up for ages and seeing that the queue is further back than it was when you joined it.

On the flipside for the general things that annoy you thread is when you look back and the queue is a lot shorter than when you joined it.
  • After working in the garden Trying to keep the Conifers at a decent height,
    on a sunny day, then see 5 different types of birds sit on one branch(not at the same time !) which towers above the rest singing away like contestants on The x factor.(but better)
    Robin,blackbird,warbler,thrush and still not sure what the last one is.
    Drinking a cold Stella, and wondering what stellar signings we will do in the summer.
  • When the BBC absolutely nail a nature programme.

Just watched 'Shark' on BBC1. Wow.

This, what a great show VG, also the Diaries part at the end, cutting a hole in 8 foot of ice and diving 13 times to get the footage, the fella was so cold his mouth couldn't speak, brave and intriguing.
  • Anal.
  • Sponsored links:

• When the BBC absolutely nail a nature programme.

Just watched 'Shark' on BBC1. Wow.

Watched that with my little girl who woke up when she heard daddy come home even the little dude of only just a year sat still for a bit before he zonked out

Brilliant programme
  • Jarman said:

Anal.

Did it hurt?
  • The first time but by the time they all finished he seemed fine
  • getting into a freshly changed bed...
  • Getting out of the dirty one before the husband comes home
  • Jarman said:

Anal.

Me too....

...I love that word
  • Jesus h christ