Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    116-9

Wicket for D B-D
  • Options
    A tight finish but we win by 433 runs
  • Options
    Absolute shalacking. 
  • Options
    We’re all going in a European tour...
  • Options
    117 all out!! D B-D again.
  • Options
    Kent's largest ever win by runs, it was also the 4th largest ever.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Kent are offering free tickets for the Kent v Hants match, day 3, next week.  In case anyone wants to be there to see Darren Stevens score a quadruple century or take 21 wickets. 
    Genuinely tempted to pull and sickie and go to this 
  • Options
    This round of games couldn’t have gone better for me. 

Kent demolishing Yorkshire with Stevens maybe gaining another year contract.

Somerset collapsing against Hants which has left Essex on top going into the final round of games 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Joe Denly has been given a white ball central contract but not a red one. I don't know what the implications for Kent will be especially if he gets an IPL Contract again and is involved in THAT other so called competition. 
  • Options
    Going to be 2 points behind Hampshire going into that final game.
    A Hants side containing a certain Kyle Abbott who has just taken 17-86 in their match against Somerset. 
    Didn't take Abbott long to strike - Crawley bowled 2nd ball. Robinson bowled by Barker to make it 3-2

Looks like our double act may have to get us out of the mire again!
  • Options
    If we needed further evidence that conditions support bowlers (and mainly medium pacers) neither of the sides contesting the decider for the County Championship have a batsman that has (or is likely to) reach a 1,000 runs for the season - and that includes Alastair Cook.

Sibley is the only one to do so in Div 1 and he is miles in front of every else with 1,324 (Av 69.68). The Snail is 2nd with 975 (Av 46.42) and Northeast 3rd with 958 (Av 50.42).

In Div 2 a certain M Labushagne has 1,114 runs at 65.52 with three others reaching the 1,000 mark.

Once upon a time players were capable of reaching 1,000 runs by the end of May!
  • Options
    A Hants side containing a certain Kyle Abbott who has just taken 17-86 in their match against Somerset. 
    Didn't take Abbott long to strike - Crawley bowled 2nd ball. Robinson bowled by Barker to make it 3-2

Stevo will have to do it on his own this time - Billings caught behind off Abbott for a single to make it 4-3. DBD and Kuhn (who is long overdue a big score having not got a ton for the last two season) have taken it to 25. 
  • Options

Stevo will have to do it on his own this time - Billings caught behind off Abbott for a single to make it 4-3. DBD and Kuhn (who is long overdue a big score having not got a ton for the last two season) have taken it to 25. 
    25-4

Kuhn gone to Barker for 13. Jordan Cox in.
  • Options
    Cox now gone.

I'm warming up .......
  • Options
    Stevo strides to the wicket at 42-5. He knows what he has to do.

Meanwhile DBD has stood firm and is on 23*

• Options
    79-6

DBD out for 39
    Stevo 17*
    Rayner 2*
  • Options
    Championship cricket in late September ... bloody marvellous idea!
  • Options
    Dunno what you're complaining about surrey are 117 for 2. Might actually reach 200 for once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just heard two players set to be announced once the season finishes. One an experienced bowler (gronawald?) And a top promising spinner from another county. Dom Bess ?? 
  • Options
    138-9
  • Options
    147 all out
  • Options
    Just heard two players set to be announced once the season finishes. One an experienced bowler (gronawald?) And a top promising spinner from another county. Dom Bess ?? 
    If we're bringing in a promising spinner, I assume we won't be signing Rayner permanently
  • Options
    Denly and Crawley in the test squad. When was the last time two Kent players were in the same squad?
  • Options
    If we're bringing in a promising spinner, I assume we won't be signing Rayner permanently
    Didn’t sound like we were from the forum I attend  at lunch time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    80-3

Match delayed - Hampshire trail Kent by 67 runs with 7 wickets remaining
  • Options
    Close - Hampshire trail Kent by 67 runs with 7 wickets remaining

80-3
  • Options
    Start delayed.

It has rained pretty much continuously in my part of Kent, 20 miles or so from Canterbury, since around 5:30 pm yesterday.

I'll be amazed if there is any play before lunch and it is not beyond the realms that there will be no play today at all!

You've still got it @Fanny Fanackapan !
  • Options
    Signing to be announced at 12...

Stevo or one of the new players mentioned above?