Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Closest drop-off point to The Valley on Match Days/Concession Ticket use

edited May 2019 in Match Day Travel
Hi All!

I've just got bought season tickets for me and my elderly dad, returning after years of up and down health for him. 

Back in 2008/2009 the walk from the 177/472 bus stop opposite Halford's wasn't so daunting, now his breathing really catchs up with him and he walks with a crutch. 

I know parking is out of the question without paying an arm and a leg, but I can get my missus to drop us off and pick us up on Match Days. My question to you all is: Where is the closest point to the West Stand/Superstore she can drop us off? I've seen Charlton Church Lane gets closed off by police, but is there a way around the back to the main gates?

Also there may be the odd game he can't make (evening games), I've seen in the terms you can request 3 upgrades to a ticket per year and pay the difference between senior and full match day rate - but do they really check the tickets? Back years ago I used to bring a friend the odd time on my dads senior ticket without any issues! I'm not trying to get away without paying extra, just 3 upgrades is a bit low :( I'd gladly pay to upgrade it each time.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Baronoli said:
    Hi All!

I've just got bought season tickets for me and my elderly dad, returning after years of up and down health for him. 

Back in 2008/2009 the walk from the 177/472 bus stop opposite Halford's wasn't so daunting, now his breathing really catchs up with him and he walks with a crutch. 

I know parking is out of the question without paying an arm and a leg, but I can get my missus to drop us off and pick us up on Match Days. My question to you all is: Where is the closest point to the West Stand/Superstore she can drop us off? I've seen Charlton Church Lane gets closed off by police, but is there a way around the back to the main gates?

Also there may be the odd game he can't make (evening games), I've seen in the terms you can request 3 upgrades to a ticket per year and pay the difference between senior and full match day rate - but do they really check the tickets? Back years ago I used to bring a friend the odd time on my dads senior ticket without any issues!

Thanks!
    Drive down Floyd Road and drop where you like. As long as you follow the one-way system and don’t leave it too late you’ll be fine. Or ask about disabled parking behind the north stand.
  • Baronoli said:
    Hi All!

Also there may be the odd game he can't make (evening games), I've seen in the terms you can request 3 upgrades to a ticket per year and pay the difference between senior and full match day rate - but do they really check the tickets? Back years ago I used to bring a friend the odd time on my dads senior ticket without any issues!

Thanks!
    Drive down Floyd Road and drop where you like. As long as you follow the one-way system and don’t leave it too late you’ll be fine. Or ask about disabled parking behind the north stand.
    Thanks! So I'd have to approach Floyd Road from Charlton Park Lane coming from Charlton Road ?
    https://i.imgur.com/1MF1YzT.png
  • Email kishan.parmar@cafc.co.uk (disability liaison officer) 
  • edited May 2019
    Baronoli said:
    Baronoli said:
    Hi All!

Thanks!
    Thanks! So I'd have to approach Floyd Road from Charlton Park Lane coming from Charlton Road ?
    https://i.imgur.com/1MF1YzT.png
    Come from Church Lane. The junction with Floyd Road isn’t and can’t be closed, because it’s the car park and residents’ access, you just have to exit via Charlton Lane. That is, enter at the junction you have highlighted next to Sainsbury.
  • Sorry to drag this up...

I've had difficulties getting parking in the last two games (despite calling within 5 minutes of the tickets going onsale and emailing 15minutes later to follow up).

I think we're going to have to get a taxi to drop us off and pick us up. Can taxi's come down the road after the game, if so is there a delay until fans have cleared before they can come down the road? I've had a few jobs worth attendents at the start of Floyd Road who didn't want to let us down even with a booking and not sure if a taxi would go through the trouble of arguing...

thanks all