Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Best signing this summer. Great news!! 
  • He could be so important for us next season, really makes things happen. Turned the game round at Wembley. Let's hope he keeps injury free - and doesn't get kicked up in the air too many times.
  • Just the best news. 
    Thank you Jonny xx
  • Top man Johnny.
    You have already achieved something remarkable. 
    Come to us from your last club and be a fans favourite within a year. 
  • Good move all round, I'd imagine he's on about 1/3 of what he was on at Palace so fair play to him. 
  • Huge
    About five foot six I think.
  • Superb, he will get more time in the Champ. 

We get Cullen back its starting to look decent. 

Still need 3 midfielders 1 x forward and a CB 
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. 
  • edited July 2019
    Excellent news. 

With both Williams and Amos taking significant pay cuts to join us, it shows that players want to play for us and especially Bowyer. It also shows that money isn't everything, especially when (for one reason or another) a player hasn't played many games

Agreed. Most players want to play...and play at the highest level they can, for as long as they can. Williams was about to slip behind in terms of fitness because he hasn't played in the friendlies, so it made sense for him to settle a deal and get properly started at a club he enjoys being at, with players he enjoys being with. The money is still really good and if he does well in the next season or two, he'll get his further rewards.

Now.....let's see if he can add a few goals to his game....then his stock will really rise....

• Get in!!! 👍👍👍
  • Nice one 
  • robroy said:
    Superb, he will get more time in the Champ. 

We get Cullen back its starting to look decent. 

Still need 3 midfielders 1 x forward and a CB 
    2 forwards
  • Me too.
  • I like the way they say on the site that he becomes the 'latest' wembley hero to sign back with us... hopefully means we are in for bielik or cullen or both
  • Welcome home Jonny
  • I like the way they say on the site that he becomes the 'latest' wembley hero to sign back with us... hopefully means we are in for bielik or cullen or both
    Just means that he’s signed more recently than Purrington 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done @Elthamaddick for the early advice on this one. Fantastic signing under the circumstances - great work LB and SG. That's six in now - I suspect any further will be loans.
  • Phillips
    Dijksteel, Lockyer, Pearce, Page
    Pratley
    Morgan, JFC
    Williams
    Taylor, Aneke

Amos, Solly, Sarr, Purrington, Lapslie, Wiredu, Bonne.

We’re getting there.
  • edited July 2019
    In the words of Jake and Elwood Blues ... ‘we’re putting the band back together - we need you, man’ now for Cullen and Beilik 
  • Great news, I was blowing the Willo bugle on here repeatedly during the run in so very pleased as i see him as Championship quality.

Just need some luck in keeping him fit

Nothing to do with luck. You build up that resilience to injury by playing regular football between August and December. He missed out on that last season
  • Literally could be the difference between relegation and staying up!
  • Top man Johnny.
    You have already achieved something remarkable. 
    Come to us from your last club and be a fans favourite within a year. 
    He did that after his 1st game. Was it Accrington when he was up for the fight,when he steamed in the tunnel to be dragged out by Sarr
  • Genuinely pleased with this. I still think us staying up is the likely best we can hope for under Shitweasel as owner, but Bowyer is really doing something special. 
  • excellent signing, changed the game at Wembley, just hope he can stay fit.