Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No more Flares.

Made the trip to Blackburn yesterday which all in all was a great day out. The only down point being the poor little boy who had a flare land right behind him and go of for no apparent reason. I saw him being lead away by a female steward and a very distressed Dad or uncle. Never did seem them reappear at any point. I saw him clutching both ears as he was led away. Anyone know if he was ok. Please stop this before someone really gets hurt. 

Comments

• dont they have cctv at football grounds.someone must know who threw it.
  • They were in there ages looking for the culprit. Did not see the guilty party caught as far as i know.
  • edited August 2019
    I agree - bloody dangerous and really glad he is ok.

BTW I was led away bleeding from both ears after inadvertently finding myself sat in front of the drummer at Argyle.
  • Saw his dad on Twitter say he was fine after being checked out thankfully 
  • A flare exploded?
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw the thread title and was waiting for it to be aimed at @ricky_otto and his dress sense.
  • A banger I thought . Bloody stupid whatever  it was .
  • Oh, so it was a banger and not a flare?

I thought people were saying that a flare had exploded?
  • edited August 2019
    It was way way louder than a domestic banger.
    I think it was what used to be called a Thunder Flash, which I believe are not readily available to members of the public, so I am not sure how this item came to be in the possession of the culprit?
    Just looked on the web and they are in fact readily available (much to my surprise), and evidently are much used by paint ball companies.
  • edited August 2019
    Whatever it was some youth need to learn let that be a stop now.

most people like the pyro stuff I get that but if you are prepared to take it with you either man up and be accountable for it, or only use it when it can be safe (ie. easily onto the pitch).

Too many times last few years it’s just set off and then lobbed into an inappropriate area of fellow fans, and then not one f*ck given for who it may impact, normally fellow fans with kids

glad @boogica lad was ok. He wasn’t the only one impacted by this. Whoever is responsible for that stuff I hope you learn from it and reel it in. One day with a cowardly lob you’ll impact the wrong person and then regret it then. 

Our away support is building nicely and don’t need bangers and shit with it
    Agree, but you can’t beat bangers mate.
    Bigger the better but no fake ! They just don't do it for me
  • Whatever it was some youth need to learn let that be a stop now.

most people like the pyro stuff I get that but if you are prepared to take it with you either man up and be accountable for it, or only use it when it can be safe (ie. easily onto the pitch).

Too many times last few years it’s just set off and then lobbed into an inappropriate area of fellow fans, and then not one f*ck given for who it may impact, normally fellow fans with kids

glad @boogica lad was ok. He wasn’t the only one impacted by this. Whoever is responsible for that stuff I hope you learn from it and reel it in. One day with a cowardly lob you’ll impact the wrong person and then regret it then. 

Our away support is building nicely and don’t need bangers and shit with it
    Much prefer bangers and mash tbh.
  • I was in the block on the far left and it really was loud, yesterday went too far and thankfully from the sounds of it the lad is ok but one day someone might not be ok, think AFKA said it best about being accountable for your actions.

Also for a few minutes the incident left it all very quiet in our end, instead of helping the atmosphere it made it worse. Glad to hear the lad is ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• boogica said:
    Just like say my son is fine was very shaken and his hearing was troubled for about 20 - 30 mins which was worrying the Blackburn staff and medical team where superb so thanks to them , also hope the other people in the area at the time are ok , look when I was younger I wasn’t an angel but you have to draw the line, whoever  threw it  hopefully sees sense and doesn’t do it again next time someone could get seriously hurt , apart from that our fans yesterday where different class like they have been for some time now , we can create atmosphere without flares and firecrackers, cheers for all the messages let’s keep up the atmosphere at away games in a safe manner COYR

Me and my Mrs were sat 3 or 4 rows in front of you by the stairs... and it startled us. Could see how you pissed off you were (understatement) but I don’t blame you. The Mrs and I were talking about it during the second half and hoped that your boy would catch the end of the game. Glad to see you in the lower tier at the end. 
  • boogica said:
    Just like say my son is fine was very shaken and his hearing was troubled for about 20 - 30 mins which was worrying the Blackburn staff and medical team where superb so thanks to them , also hope the other people in the area at the time are ok , look when I was younger I wasn’t an angel but you have to draw the line, whoever  threw it  hopefully sees sense and doesn’t do it again next time someone could get seriously hurt , apart from that our fans yesterday where different class like they have been for some time now , we can create atmosphere without flares and firecrackers, cheers for all the messages let’s keep up the atmosphere at away games in a safe manner COYR

Me and my Mrs were sat 3 or 4 rows in front of you by the stairs... and it startled us. Could see how you pissed off you were (understatement) but I don’t blame you. The Mrs and I were talking about it during the second half and hoped that your boy would catch the end of the game. Glad to see you in the lower tier at the end. 
    Cheers the Blackburn staff let us sit there 
    they where superb , yes I was a bit annoyed just find it mindless , just hope we don’t have an issue like this again . 
  • Sounds like a detonator type thing to me. The type that nearly blew @ElfsborgAddick out of his seat at Sparta when they let one off to announce the start of their demo, where they all walked out en masse on 75 minutes, protesting the owner. When I say all, I mean just the "ultras" from their designated section. We were a long way from there, so if that was the same kind of thing yesterday, that is seriously out of order.

I'm always arguing with my Sparta neighbour Vincent about the flares, I see them as a poor substitute for real vocal support, but he sees it as part of the theatre, and @ValleyGary is right, they are only in that part of the ground where the "ultras" are. That said, they are supposed to be banned here, and yet for all the security at Sparta they mysteriously never seem to find them. 

The other thing is that they often lob them onto the pitch when things aren't going well. That isn't very bright either, as the smoke affects players. Yes, including your team's players.
  • I say ... if someone takes a flare or firework to a match and let’s it off, call them out. Report them to a steward and get them arrested. It’s just not funny. As someone who’s witnessed someone being badly burnt by a firework, something like this can be life changing
  • Sounds like a detonator type thing to me. The type that nearly blew @ElfsborgAddick out of his seat at Sparta when they let one off to announce the start of their demo, where they all walked out en masse on 75 minutes, protesting the owner. When I say all, I mean just the "ultras" from their designated section. We were a long way from there, so if that was the same kind of thing yesterday, that is seriously out of order.

I'm always arguing with my Sparta neighbour Vincent about the flares, I see them as a poor substitute for real vocal support, but he sees it as part of the theatre, and @ValleyGary is right, they are only in that part of the ground where the "ultras" are. That said, they are supposed to be banned here, and yet for all the security at Sparta they mysteriously never seem to find them. 

The other thing is that they often lob them onto the pitch when things aren't going well. That isn't very bright either, as the smoke affects players. Yes, including your team's players.
    When it went off I thought you had just passed wind @PragueAddick
  • edited August 2019
    Remember one going off at Donny last season. The stand was packed like sardines standing and one for thrown under my daughter's seat. For about 2 minutes it kept pumping red smoke and it was genuinely difficult to breath. At the end of it her coat was stained pink such was the thickness of the smoke. I understand people want to have fun but this isn't if you are standing on top of one. 
  • Flares work on the continent because in the main they’re in a section filled with 95% young males. Doesn’t work when there are kids and older folk about. The English game just doesn’t fit the ‘ultra’ terrace atmosphere.
    Sounds like a detonator type thing to me. The type that nearly blew @ElfsborgAddick out of his seat at Sparta when they let one off to announce the start of their demo, where they all walked out en masse on 75 minutes, protesting the owner. When I say all, I mean just the "ultras" from their designated section. We were a long way from there, so if that was the same kind of thing yesterday, that is seriously out of order.

So fans on the continent throw these flares and bangers at each other do they?.

• Glad to hear the lad's okay.

Flares = embarrassing Palacy nonsense.
  • Throwing a banger is out of order, I am happy to be proved wrong but if it was a flashbang or something similar which can be bought online pretty easily then I don't want them near me. They are designed to disorientate big scary men and not something to be loved in crowds. They are for military use for fucks sake. 

They scare the shit out of you, it's what they are made for. I love flares and smoke bombs but the reality is they have no place at football, our away support is absolutely not all young lads, it's a mixture.

And above all of this I get fed up with being searched by people who aren't coppers at every ground I go to because of things like this giving them more justification 
  • I was considering thé possibility of an away game with my two boys later in thé season. Certainly won't if this happens again.