Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan match tickets [21/09/19]

Comments

• clb74 said:
    i think already selling 500 is quite good going. 

trains aren't the dearest its a straight forward 2 hour journey from Euston - i prefer these sort of away games get into wigan at 12.25hopefully into a pub for the early kick off that day is Leicester vs spurs or Leeds v derby. 
    We bought our train tickets straight away and they wouldve been £51 without railcard.
    Certainly not cheap
    That doesn’t sound too bad as didn’t realise it was only 2 hours. I’ve got an old gits’ card so could get the cheaper fare. Might try and do this one. I take it that was for first class.
    breakfast thrown in as well.
  • clb74 said:

trains aren't the dearest its a straight forward 2 hour journey from Euston - i prefer these sort of away games get into wigan at 12.25hopefully into a pub for the early kick off that day is Leicester vs spurs or Leeds v derby. 
    We bought our train tickets straight away and they wouldve been £51 without railcard.
    Certainly not cheap
    That doesn’t sound too bad as didn’t realise it was only 2 hours. I’ve got an old gits’ card so could get the cheaper fare. Might try and do this one. I take it that was for first class.
    Yes mate
    Also get the last train back they put on a dozen ladies of the night for that train 
  • edited September 2019
    clb74 said:

Certainly not cheap
    Compared to next season when we get city away on a Sunday at a weeks notice ;)

start of the season I had 6 unvisited grounds in this league. 

Wigan 
    derby
    stoke 
    leeds 
    West Brom 
    swansea 

bar derby and Swansea the other 4 will be visited this season my only reason for attending. 
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Certainly not cheap
    Yes mate
    Also get the last train back they put on a dozen ladies of the night for that train 
    @roseandcrown will be struggling for his Southend train then.
  • Purchased 5 for our group online today.

We're driving up on the Friday with no pressure to arrive at any particular time, staying overnight at the Holiday inn Express (£52 inc buffet brekkie) , meeting the others on Saturday morning with table booked for 1pm at The Red Robin in Robin Park ( Greene King carvery ) and walk just 0.2 miles afterwards to the DW. 

Looking forward to it !
  • 3 more, not bought tickets yet, we are heading up to this and staying the HI Express Saturday night, great value as Jean says above, a visit to the National Football Museum Sunday before driving back, looking forward to it.
  • clive said:
    1,131 remaining.
    150 gone in last 2 days

980 left...
  • 949 left our 8 have now been purchased.
    600 sold , take about a 1000 up there
  • The numbers this season so far are good as we aren’t a club renowned for big followings 

We're driving up on the Friday with no pressure to arrive at any particular time, staying overnight at the Holiday inn Express (£52 inc buffet brekkie) , meeting the others on Saturday morning with table booked for 1pm at The Red Robin in Robin Park ( Greene King carvery ) and walk just 0.2 miles afterwards to the DW. 

Looking forward to it !
    Nice seeing you and Mr.f at Reading. 
    He spoils you rotten what with all the Kent games as well.
    See you soon and love the pair of you. X
  • Sponsored links:

Looking forward to it !
    Nice seeing you and Mr.f at Reading. 
    He spoils you rotten what with all the Kent games as well.
    See you soon and love the pair of you. X
    Good to see you too !

I honestly thought it was the Chippendales walking towards us ! 

Miss you in Crossbars this season so will look out for you at Wigan.

And we don't mention the "c" word these day ......

xx

• 865 left

indicates about 700 gone

• Nephews birthday party so missing this. 

Went at the beginning of the Roland area with Thurham gifting them the game after going 1 up. 

Poyet made is league debut I think and was outstanding. 
    Yeah was at that one, couldn’t believe what I was seeing with Thuram. 
  • Not committed yet, but will probably be going. Was there for the "thrilling" 0-0 draw a couple of years ago, which to be fair was a creditable result at the time
  • 742 sold
  • Hopefully all those who attend this game will be able to get a ticket for Fulham if required.
  • clive said:
    Hopefully all those who attend this game will be able to get a ticket for Fulham if required.
    I thought we might have sold about 1,500 more than this tbh.
  • clive said:
    Hopefully all those who attend this game will be able to get a ticket for Fulham if required.
    Im giving Fulham a miss
  • can't make the Wiggy trip even though the tickets are so reasonably priced for young uns and old uns 
  • I’m in Greece so can’t make it! Gutted!
  • Sponsored links:

• 862 sold not bad going that, 1st visit and mainly am going so i can tick it off, any decent shouts for pubs up that way? am due in at 12.20 so wouldn't mind catching the early game. 
  • 862 sold not bad going that, 1st visit and mainly am going so i can tick it off, any decent shouts for pubs up that way? am due in at 12.20 so wouldn't mind catching the early game. 
    Plenty of pubs close to the station,The Anvil close to bus station[about 5 mins from railway station] is very good & cheap.
  • clive said:
    862 sold not bad going that, 1st visit and mainly am going so i can tick it off, any decent shouts for pubs up that way? am due in at 12.20 so wouldn't mind catching the early game. 
    Plenty of pubs close to the station,The Anvil close to bus station[about 5 mins from railway station] is very good & cheap.
    Wigan Central around the corner from the station is a very good real ale bar
  • Is there any designated away pubs for this? Or just city centre drinking. 
  • You can usually drink in the club bar behind the away end. Cheap beer in nice surroundings plus they sell their magnificent pies.
  • You can usually drink in the club bar behind the away end. Cheap beer in nice surroundings plus they sell their magnificent pies.
    Yep did this in 2014 just after Roland took over. Highly recommended.
  • gonna give a wigan slappy a go the weekend. 
    You've advance booked a prostitute ?
    You've advance booked a prostitute ?
    keep up C E .. http://www.foodsofengland.co.uk/wiganslappy.htm