Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds at the Valley .. Tickets on Sale

Comments

• Options
    Yep I do go a little ott watching Charlton.
    Sort off gets me out of myself.

But playing Leeds is like morphing from Dr Jekyl into Mr Hyde.

It stems from watching a Leeds game at the valley in the early 60's.
    They were the dirtiest side I've ever seen.

Jack Charlton, Billy Bremner, Johny Jiles, an 18 year old Gary Sprake and possibly Norman Hunter were playing.

Looking forward to seeing the 2019 version with much anticipation !

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Leeds always seem to have the loudest most sustained away support we ever get at the Valley.
    and Man Utd.
  • Options
    I bet Leeds will have a few in the home end.
  • Options
    The whippets will give them away.
  • Options
    Leeds fans at work talking of getting tickets in the home end, doesn't look to be anything in place to stop this yet as they can still just register online.
  • Options

Be rather stupid, especially if Leeds score. Can see it getting rather busy for stewards and the St John's ambulance people!
  • Options
    Can't wait for this one!! Should be a big crowd and a great atmosphere 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leeds fans at work talking of getting tickets in the home end, doesn't look to be anything in place to stop this yet as they can still just register online.
    addick05 said:

Be rather stupid, especially if Leeds score. Can see it getting rather busy for stewards and the St John's ambulance people!
    No different to Charlton fans in the home end at Reading on Saturday.

If our fans do it when we sell out or aren't given enough tickets then we can't really moan when Leeds (who could probably sell 5-6k tickets) do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't they need a purchase history to get home tickets?
  • Options
    remember a few years back a couple of leeds fans were celebrating when scoring and ended up getting sent tumbling down the north upper - imo if you behave in that manner you deserve everything you get. 

our away end holds 3000 ample for them, hope we dont do anything stupid like give them more tickets. 

i see brum sold out so it is now on restricted - issue you have is London based Leeds fans who fancy seeing a local game and have no sort of priority at leeds as they wont be able to get a ticket in the away end. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Looks like very strong sales are being seen for this game.

In comparing home seats available to the Swansea game 5 days later, there are already 1,900 additional homes seats sold for this game.

I'm sure @Airman_Brown knows better but 2,000+ home ticket sales 3 1/2 weeks before a game sounds very high to me and given their undoubted sell out i'm surprised its not on restricted sale.

• Options
    After selling out the hospitality options for our game against Leeds United on Saturday, September 28th, the Greenwich suite has been opened for the fixture allowing for a limited number of spaces to become available to those who missed their first chance.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d6e8d5ac9754/greenwich-suite-to-be-opened-for-leeds-united-visit
  • Options
    Need to open the closed East Stand toilets for this one (or at least put a notice on the door to say they are closed!). Can someone have a word with Mick E please?!
  • Options
    I'm very surprised it's not already on restricted too.  
  • Options

Looks like very strong sales are being seen for this game.

In comparing home seats available to the Swansea game 5 days later, there are already 1,900 additional homes seats sold for this game.

I'm sure @Airman_Brown knows better but 2,000+ home ticket sales 3 1/2 weeks before a game sounds very high to me and given their undoubted sell out i'm surprised its not on restricted sale.

Suspect there will be a lot of foreign football tourists at this one. Leeds are a big name and it's easy and affordable to get tickets. A very attractive game for visitors to London.
  • Options
    I hope that the railways can lay on an extra train or two .. the present service is barely capable of getting half a valley capacity away in good time and in some semblance of comfort
  • Options
    I hope that the railways can lay on an extra train or two .. the present service is barely capable of getting half a valley capacity away in good time and in some semblance of comfort
    It looks like exactly the opposite will be happening.

Buses replace trains between Lewisham and Orpington / Dartford via Sidcup on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September

Date:
    28 September - 29 September 2019 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
    Southeastern between London Charing Cross / London Cannon Street and Orpington / Dartford / Gravesend / Tunbridge Wells /  Hastings / Dover Priory / Ramsgate and London Cannon Street "rounder" services.

Engineering work is taking place between Lewisham and Orpington, and also between Lewisham and Sidcup / Dartford, closing all lines.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/planned-engineering-work?date=2019-09-28#engineering-departure-board

• Options
    clive said:
    It looks like exactly the opposite will be happening.

Buses replace trains between Lewisham and Orpington / Dartford via Sidcup on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 September

Date:
    28 September - 29 September 2019 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
    Southeastern between London Charing Cross / London Cannon Street and Orpington / Dartford / Gravesend / Tunbridge Wells /  Hastings / Dover Priory / Ramsgate and London Cannon Street "rounder" services.

Engineering work is taking place between Lewisham and Orpington, and also between Lewisham and Sidcup / Dartford, closing all lines.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/planned-engineering-work?date=2019-09-28#engineering-departure-board

f f s !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The incompetence of Southeastern should never ever be underestimated 

Fuckwits
  • Options
    I'll be walking from Hither Green for this one (after getting the train there)....and back via Blackheath.
  • Options
    I'll be walking from Hither Green for this one (after getting the train there)....and back via Blackheath.
    Why not get off at Grove park, take the 126 to Eltham then 161 to Charlton.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Why not get off at Grove park, take the 126 to Eltham then 161 to Charlton.
    I need the exercise....weather permitting, looking at the engineering works may have to rethink my journey up.....no hassle trains OK from London Bridge, trains from Hastings are just being re-routed....taking an extra 10 mins so not a problem.
  • Options
    Trains are running from Lewisham to Charlton on 28th September and from Dartford to Charlton. It is the Sidcup line that is closed.
  • Options
    now that is quite a hike .. I am staying in Bromley .. bus to Lewisham, DLR to Woolwich, then bus .. (I hope)
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Trains are running from Lewisham to Charlton on 28th September and from Dartford to Charlton. It is the Sidcup line that is closed.
    Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

thanks for clearing that up for us
  • Options
    now that is quite a hike .. I am staying in Bromley .. bus to Lewisham, DLR to Woolwich, then bus .. (I hope)
    Takes about 1hr 15mins....but as there are engineering works will go via London Bridge....if the weathers OK I may get the tube to North Greenwich and have a wander from there via the Pilot and Anchor and Hope.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Scandalous.

Viva the loopy loop