Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Bulgaria / Kosovo

Comments

• Options
    The way England attack with quality and pace is second to none IMO.
  • Options
    The way England attack with quality and pace is second to none IMO.
    Don't you think Bow's Boys would give them a run for their money?  ;)
  • Options
    Team that I'd like to see play Kosovo: 

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
    Maguire
    Keane
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Rice
    Mount

Sterling
    Sancho
    Kane
  • Options

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
    Maguire
    Keane
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Rice
    Mount

Sterling
    Sancho
    Kane
    Is Gomez back out of contention for England at the moment? 

I'm not up to speed with the England set up.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
    Maguire
    Keane
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Rice
    Mount

Sterling
    Sancho
    Kane
    Gomez for Keane, Maddison for Mount.

That aside I agree, we should be playing Chilwell and TAA when they are fit and available.
  • Options
    Gomez isn't playing in Liverpool's team enough to warrant an England game. 

Chucking him in after a month of not playing basically guarantees a mistake. 
  • Options

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
    Maguire
    Keane
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Rice
    Mount

Sterling
    Sancho
    Kane
    Id make 2 changes to that. Gomez in for Keane and I’d probably take Henderson out. Although he has looked so much better the last year or so, I honestly don’t think you need him and Rice in the same team against the teams in our group. 
  • Options
    I watched the Kosovo v Czech Rep game yesterday and I can tell you that they will put up far more of a fight than Bulgaria did yesterday.  I still see England winning but it's not going to be a rout.
  • Options
    I watched the Kosovo v Czech Rep game yesterday and I can tell you that they will put up far more of a fight than Bulgaria did yesterday.  I still see England winning but it's not going to be a rout.
    You only have to look at the results in this group to know they're a better side than Bulgaria, plus they're unbeaten in 15 games. But yes, no question we should still beat them.
  • Options
    On the subject of Wembley, why is the Kosovo game being played at Southampton?

It is just because they weren't expecting a big crowd or is there another reason it's not at Wembley?
    Not sure of the reason other than they probably saw it as the least appeal of the group games.

Its evidently put Kosovo’s nose out of joint a tad though, being arguably their biggest ever game and had made the negotiations of our allocation out there a bit harder, although rumours suggest over 2k at the moment which will be a huge result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone posted a while back how they wouldn't go to Wembley for an international because it was full of tourists.

I thought they were being miserablist.

My experience today:  I was in my seat 5 minutes before kick off.  20 minutes later people were wandering in with trays of fish and chips, oblivious to what was happening on the pitch.

kane was teeing up for his first penalty when a group of people wandered up the steps.  I'm afraid I shouted "get the fuck down" at them.  The pen went in, there was a great cheer, the people walking up the stairs looked a bit surprised and half turned towards the pitch.

10 minutes before the end of the first half, a corner.  About 100 people decided tyhat what was important right now was to get to the food queues early and set off down the steps.

I would happily see them next tuesday.  I don't think I will be going back to internationals at Wembley until these arseholes are dealt with.
    It’s always like that. I gave up for a while saying I’d only bother if it’s a game with some history/bite, but even the last Scotland game was pretty average.

I just pray our group games next summer are a bit better otherwise it will be painful.
  • Options
    Barkley, Rice and Henderson. 3 plodders.
  • Options
    The ease of the game will be determined how long they hold out for. 
  • Options

It is just because they weren't expecting a big crowd or is there another reason it's not at Wembley?
    Not sure of the reason other than they probably saw it as the least appeal of the group games.

Its evidently put Kosovo’s nose out of joint a tad though, being arguably their biggest ever game and had made the negotiations of our allocation out there a bit harder, although rumours suggest over 2k at the moment which will be a huge result.
    It is a bit insulting really, playing a Euro qualifier away from Wembley, and not even at one of the "iconic" venues like Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Barkley, Rice and Henderson. 3 plodders.
    Them 3 together would not be for me but individualy all good. I like Barkley although he dont score enough. We dont have a box to box midfielder scoring since Lampard/Gerrard.
    I think Maddison could be the player that suits this England team. But id like to see him and Barkley together with either Henderson or Rice sitting. We do not need both Rice and Henderson playing together.
    Maddison will pop up and score goals a la Lampard, Scholes,Platt
  • Options

It is a bit insulting really, playing a Euro qualifier away from Wembley, and not even at one of the "iconic" venues like Old Trafford.
    Will come back to bite us, I reckon. As I said above, Kosovo as a country are football mad and will be quite upset about not playing at Wembley. It will motivate them even more. We'll do well to get a draw and I suspect there will be 2-3 red cards in the match.
  • Options

Will come back to bite us, I reckon. As I said above, Kosovo as a country are football mad and will be quite upset about not playing at Wembley. It will motivate them even more. We'll do well to get a draw and I suspect there will be 2-3 red cards in the match.
    I will donate £100 to charity of your choice if they get a draw. 

• Options
    They have to do something about the empty seats in the middle section. If you want to go to the game, why don't you bloody want to watch it FFS!
  • Options

A draw would be a very disappointing result.
  • Options
    They deserve respect, but I'm sure they haven't faced a team of England's quality for a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At home to Kosovo and you think we'll do well to get a draw?

They're in good form but they're still Kosovo, not exactly Spain or Holland.
  • Options
    They have to do something about the empty seats in the middle section. If you want to go to the game, why don't you bloody want to watch it FFS!
    I had club Wembley tickets for a while and we got upgraded to that section for the Germany friendly after the Euro's, we were pretty much the only people there after half time and most of those around us seemed to have little interest in the game.
  • Options
    Someone posted a while back how they wouldn't go to Wembley for an international because it was full of tourists.

I thought they were being miserablist.

My experience today:  I was in my seat 5 minutes before kick off.  20 minutes later people were wandering in with trays of fish and chips, oblivious to what was happening on the pitch.

kane was teeing up for his first penalty when a group of people wandered up the steps.  I'm afraid I shouted "get the fuck down" at them.  The pen went in, there was a great cheer, the people walking up the stairs looked a bit surprised and half turned towards the pitch.

10 minutes before the end of the first half, a corner.  About 100 people decided tyhat what was important right now was to get to the food queues early and set off down the steps.

I would happily see them next tuesday.  I don't think I will be going back to internationals at Wembley until these arseholes are dealt with.
    I know what you mean. I’ve been to the last few England home games but didn’t bother yesterday. At the Czech Republic game there were 4 youngish women sitting in front of us, they got there 15 mins in to the game, spent the next 5 mins standing up , pouting and taking photos, had hissy fits when told to sit down and then were constantly on their phones for the rest of the game. Complete waste of time them going to the game and also deprived people who wanted tickets. 

I went to spurs v Arsenal at Wembley twice, 2nd one Aubameyang got missed the penalty last season to win the game. Exactly the same, I had to shout at people to move, first 20 mins of the game was the same and last 10. Embarrassing really such an amazing stadium.
  • Options
    Barkley over Maddison again. Nothing against Barkley he’s good for us, but Maddison is simply the better footballer.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Barkley over Maddison again. Nothing against Barkley he’s good for us, but Maddison is simply the better footballer.
    Barkley is streets ahead technically. I'd say Maddison is a bit more intelligent in his play though.
  • Options
    Rice AND Henderson does a seem a bit cautious, maybe it's because Southgate is worried about his defence
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Barkley is streets ahead technically. I'd say Maddison is a bit more intelligent in his play though.
    Gotta disagree there, Maddison’s technique is incredible. Barkley may be the  slightly better dribbler, but Maddison tops him at everything else.
  • Options
    Fancy Sancho to get off the mark tonight. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Just released my ariel is broke any otherway of watching the game as I cant get signal to watch it on ITV and it doesnt seem to be live on ITV Player