Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Gallen - now a Director

Comments

• Get the it’s happening gif ready. 
  • Absolutely disgusting. What about Tommy Driesen?  He was here first. 
    Next patch.
  • Cawley has tweeted statement coming soon on Gallen's appointment  as director
  • I wonder who from? Duchatelet, Bowyer, Murray or Gallen himself? I would not be surprised if RM resigns, takes his money and it is RM doing the statement.
  • On website now. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I wonder who from? Duchatelet, Bowyer, Murray or Gallen himself? I would not be surprised if RM resigns, takes his money and it is RM doing the statement.
    Murray has no money in the club to take.

The loan is a separate matter.
  • Basically it's confirming his current role and status, but giving him a leg up to reflect his importance.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc_will said:

Roland changed his ways a long time ago, when he realised his plan in English Football wouldn't work and the difference with football and fans in England. (Started at Slade)

We have gone full circle with a Manager who has connections with the club and fan base, English players being signed of Championship / Premiership Quality with an apparent smallest budget..

What is plain to see is that mistakes have been made, you cannot change the Past only present and future.

The Bonus is that we have acquired a whole new generation of younger Fans on our visit of League One, Gallen as Director.

Bowyer is in Full Control like back in the Day with Curbs.

Don't mention bonus and Roland in the same post!
  • You have to ask, why?

what has triggered this?

I’m assuming his remit, responsibilities, objectives won’t change in any way?
    Someone to shoulder the blame when Taylor leaves and to do those “on the pitch” presentations now RM has burnt his bridges? 
  • T_C_E said:
    You have to ask, why?

what has triggered this?

Someone to shoulder the blame when Taylor leaves and to do those “on the pitch” presentations now RM has burnt his bridges? 
    But he could do that within current role / job title without being made a director 
  • edited September 2019
    Rudders22 said:

They are clearly not the words of two sheds.

There will be a reason for this move, but for the life of me I can't think what it might be, apart from getting the fans off Roland's back.

• As a lot of people have said. Why now? Why not leave him in his current role? Unless if he is headhunted, then as a Director would be worth more? He mentioned about the No 1 priority that he still wants to sell but that is lower down. 
  • T_C_E said:
    You have to ask, why?

what has triggered this?

But he could do that within current role / job title without being made a director 
    Maybe you’re right, does it become more difficult for a director to resign? I assume he’s only on a 1 year deal as per Bow and JJ. I can imagine RD saying I made you a director so you’re not getting a pay rise. But when RD starts taking responsibility I’ll stop thinking everything he does is the deflect the blame from himself. 
  • If I was SG I am not sure whether I’d be comfortable with the additional responsibility and potential liability of being a director, especially with an absentee and erratic 100% owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does this still mean Steve will be still be head of recruitment as well, or has Tommy D taken over this responsibility?
  • Good to see a board appointment on merit rather than lying back thinking of Nabby.
  • Hopefully makes it harder for a club to come in and poach Gallen now!!

Could have been a clever move all round for once
  • Just need a properly qualified and experienced CEO to run the business side of the club and we’ll look like a proper football club again. 
  • A lot of people seem to be seeing this as a promotion/ reward. 

Is it? 

I say that openly as I don’t know and have no experience of being a director of a company. But I know with it brings certain responsibilities and duties, along with the importance to exercise independent judgment. 

So will he simply be carrying on with his current remit but have the jazzy title of director?

Does it allow him to sign off of things quickly and not have the rigmarole of delaying process by needing a director Duchatelet/ Murray authority?

Or is his role changing and he will now have a greater input and authority into football strategy, budget allocation etc?

Or something else?

being a director of a company though brings you accountability into its decision making and a responsibility to wider stakeholders. As stated on Company House website:

When making decisions, directors must also consider the likely consequences for various stakeholders, including employees, suppliers, customers and communities. They should also consider the impact on the environment, the reputation of the company, company success in the longer term”
    On its face, this is positive but ... I also wonder why it’s happened. 

In any event, my gut instinct prompts me to view this as very positive. 

Why? I’m not really sure but this just feels right.