Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can Leko and Field play against West Brom?

As the title says

Comments

• Options
    I would be surprised if they can.
  • Options
    No they can't. 
  • Options
    No, but Ronaldo and Messi can. 
  • Options
    Silly question 
  • Options
    No they can't.
    I wonder why both Field and Leko weren't considered for the West Brom squad this season ?
    I know Leko is Raw and can only score deflected goals but he has pace and can put defenders on their back side, his crossing is a bit hit and miss but most wingers are.

Sam Field looks like a defensive midfielder who gets stuck in. Not sure about his attacking ability yet but I thought he was highly rated a year ago ?

Maybe they hadn't progressed as much as West Brom wanted ?

• Options
    Silly question 
    only if you know the answer. Mount and Tomori were allowed to play against Chelsea last season. I don't know if cup rules differ from EFL ones
  • Options
    I think the answer has been given by West Brom previously. They do rate them, and had no wish to sell them to promotion rivals. They thought a loan to a club who would not be challenging them for promotion and which has a growing reputation for player development was perfect. I think they declined a Stoke offer for Field for this reason. That still may be a valid position, but we are probably doing a lot better than they expected and should we still be up there in January, I expect them to be recalled.
  • Options
    Would we want them to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the answer has been given by West Brom previously. They do rate them, and had no wish to sell them to promotion rivals. They thought a loan to a club who would not be challenging them for promotion and which has a growing reputation for player development was perfect. I think they declined a Stoke offer for Field for this reason. That still may be a valid position, but we are probably doing a lot better than they expected and should we still be up there in January, I expect them to be recalled.
    If West Brom have a clause they can recall like West Ham do ? We better get as many points before the end of December.
    I'm not sure they can ? 

• Options
    If West Brom have a clause they can recall like West Ham do ? We better get as many points before the end of December.
    I'm not sure they can ? 

It's a law that applies to all teams with "West" in their name. Roland plans to change our name to " West Woolwich". You read it here first.
  • Options
    Well that can't rate them that much or else they wouldn't have loaned them out to a team in the same division.  It would be like us loaning players out last season to Fleetwood or Accrington
  • Options
    rina said:
    Silly question 
    only if you know the answer. Mount and Tomori were allowed to play against Chelsea last season. I don't know if cup rules differ from EFL ones
    I guess Chelsea / Derby didnt feel the need to insert the relevant clause seeing that the chances of facing each other in the Cup were pretty slim
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Would we want them to?
    They'd want to prove a point against their parent club and so show West Brom were wrong to loan them out in the first place - Have a shit game and I imagine West Brom could be questioning keeping them long term
  • Options
    Silly question 
    worse post
  • Options
    One of my least favourite moments as a Charlton fan was watching Colin Walsh play against us for Middlesborough when he was on loan to them from us. To balance things out, we had Alan Kernaghan playing for us on loan from them.

One of Lennie Lawrence's less sensible decisions...
  • Options
    I'm not sure they can ? 

I'm sure Bowyer and Gallen will be working on a contingency if it is the case. I am assuming that they have a recall clause - does anybody know different. The fact that they are rated by West Brom makes it highly unlikely they would not have a recall clause.
  • Options
    rina said:
    Silly question 
    I'm sorry by you really thought West Brom would let Leko/Field play against one of their rivals battling in the league?
  • Options
    Kayal and Hemed should both be fully fit by then and as it follows a midweek game I think squad rotation will come into play anyway. It does make you realise that this is the deepest squad we have had for many seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would we want them to?
    Now that's a stupid question