Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• "and maybe someone else will take over and the ambition might change then."

But Duchatelet has changed and we should be grateful.
    And I have to admit, as a boycotter, to being completely confused by that.
    Why hasn't he acted this way before? If he had then I, for one, may not still be boycotting now (although I am relenting tomorrow because of the 100 years of The Valley). 
  • Bowyer readily admits he’d snap your hand off if you offered him a fourth from bottom place finish right now.

So he was rather perplexed to say the least when he overheard one fan talking about the small matter of promotion just four games into this season.

I overheard a conversation where someone said ‘yeah, I think we’ll get promotion’. Come on now, let’s be realistic for goodness sake. You’re talking rubbish,” he shakes his head.

“We’d played four games at that stage and the fella’s talking about promotion. Sort yourself out.

“We need to establish ourselves back in the Championship – that’s the main priority right now. 

“We don’t want to become a yo-yo club. Let’s concentrate on staying in the league and maybe someone else will take over and the ambition might change then.

“As we stand now, give me fourth bottom and I’ll take that all day long.”

Nice to hear the gaffer being realistic , we really have some of the most deluded cranks who support us 

Of course, now we’ve played 6 games...
  • Bowyer readily admits he’d snap your hand off if you offered him a fourth from bottom place finish right now.

So he was rather perplexed to say the least when he overheard one fan talking about the small matter of promotion just four games into this season.

I overheard a conversation where someone said ‘yeah, I think we’ll get promotion’. Come on now, let’s be realistic for goodness sake. You’re talking rubbish,” he shakes his head.

“We’d played four games at that stage and the fella’s talking about promotion. Sort yourself out.

“We need to establish ourselves back in the Championship – that’s the main priority right now. 

“We don’t want to become a yo-yo club. Let’s concentrate on staying in the league and maybe someone else will take over and the ambition might change then.

Nice to hear the gaffer being realistic , we really have some of the most deluded cranks who support us 

Was it you that Bowyer overheard ?

Was it you that Bowyer overheard ?
    Not after 4 games, before the season started perhaps...
  • "and maybe someone else will take over and the ambition might change then."

Why hasn't he acted this way before? If he had then I, for one, may not still be boycotting now (although I am relenting tomorrow because of the 100 years of The Valley). 
    Traitor!

You are dead to me.
  • Now we've played 6 games I think it's pretty clear we are going up .... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:h
    "and maybe someone else will take over and the ambition might change then."

All that's changed is he (and his goons) are letting the manager and the football staff run the football side.   I would guess our wage bill now is actually smaller than when Slade was the manager.

Nothing else has changed.  The football side is the healthiest it's been for years, arguably better than Powell's 1st season in the championship but we know Roland wont put any more money in so Bowyer and Gallen will have their work cut out every window.

The football is fun again, that's a start but it's at no credit to Roland. 
    He could readily took the money offered for lyle
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    If we can possibly bag 6 points or more  in a tricky September then maybee just maybee it is time to believe anything is possible

He’s playing it down, keeping the pressure off, managing fan expectations.

He won’t be saying that all season, we won’t get sucked into a relegation battle.
  • Cafc43v3r said:h
    "and maybe someone else will take over and the ambition might change then."

All that's changed is he (and his goons) are letting the manager and the football staff run the football side.   I would guess our wage bill now is actually smaller than when Slade was the manager.

Nothing else has changed.  The football side is the healthiest it's been for years, arguably better than Powell's 1st season in the championship but we know Roland wont put any more money in so Bowyer and Gallen will have their work cut out every window.

The football is fun again, that's a start but it's at no credit to Roland. 
    He could readily took the money offered for lyle
    He could, but the timing didnt fit his MO.  I didn't think HE would sell Dijksteel when it was first rumoured.  Which was right, Bowyer sold him to reinvest, quite normal football practise. 

His player disposal strategy is poorly thought out, badly managed but is almost entirely predictable, and probably, in his mind logical. 
  • Good interview.
  • Scoham said:

Bowyer readily admits he’d snap your hand off if you offered him a fourth from bottom place finish right now.

He won’t be saying that all season, we won’t get sucked into a relegation battle.
    Too early to say we definitely won't be involved in a relegation battle, as there are too many good or underperforming teams in this division. You look at the likes of Huddersfield and Stoke for example and feel that somehow they'll find a way to safety
  • Scoham said:

Bowyer readily admits he’d snap your hand off if you offered him a fourth from bottom place finish right now.

Too early to say we definitely won't be involved in a relegation battle, as there are too many good or underperforming teams in this division. You look at the likes of Huddersfield and Stoke for example and feel that somehow they'll find a way to safety
    I’m confident we won’t, even after today. They might get out but other teams will find themselves down there if they do.