Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone found my CAFC Gift Card?

it looks like I dropped my son’s CAFC gift card before the Birmingham game on Saturday. Either in Co-op in Charlton Village or going into the ground at the crowded North Stand turnstiles. I know it’s a long shot and, possibly, a test for human honesty but if anyone did pick it up, we would really appreciate having it back. It had £50 loaded on it and was a birthday present to be used to buy the latest away kit shirt. 

Fingers crossed!

Comments

• Options
    Can the shop not put on a stop on the card by some means and issue a duplicate? (Doubtful I know but if it had a barcode linked to your name or suchlike?)
  • Options
    Sadly, no, as it was a birthday present and the backing card (that I have at home) doesn’t have a bar code on it. Good suggestion though. The search continues.
  • Options
    I'd be gutted to lose £50 of credit. I think it's  worth speaking to the shop manager. Just maybe it will get handed in, or maybe,  if and when it's used, yours can be identified by it's transaction history.
    There can't be many of these in circulation.
  • Options
    I'd be gutted to lose £50 of credit. I think it's  worth speaking to the shop manager. Just maybe it will get handed in, or maybe,  if and when it's used, yours can be identified by it's transaction history.
    There can't be many of these in circulation.
    I agree with this. Must be worth a try.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Good suggestion. I called the CAFC shop before reading your emails and they simply confirmed that it had not been handed in. I might try calling them today to explore if they are able to 'track' the card and maybe issue a replacement. In the meantime, the request for return of the original card (if picked up by someone on Saturday) continues. Co-op Charlton confirmed that it had not been handed in there. As you say, £50 is a sizeable sum for a boy to lose!
  • Options
    Did you pay by card?

If so, is there not a reference or anything on your bank statement that will tie up with the club? Maybe they can then see its' not been claimed and issue you a new one?

Just a thought, wish you best of luck nonetheless mate.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Good suggestion. I called the CAFC shop before reading your emails and they simply confirmed that it had not been handed in. I might try calling them today to explore if they are able to 'track' the card and maybe issue a replacement. In the meantime, the request for return of the original card (if picked up by someone on Saturday) continues. Co-op Charlton confirmed that it had not been handed in there. As you say, £50 is a sizeable sum for a boy to lose!
    meldrew66 said:
    How about all us lifers have a mini collection of maybee just a pound each so the young lad can get his shirt??
    Just a thought
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    How about all us lifers have a mini collection of maybee just a pound each so the young lad can get his shirt??
    Just a thought
    To be honest I was going to offer the £50 to pay for the card myself, just didnt want to come across as a 'oh look at me' kinda guy.

But I would 100% contribute to a collection if we get one up and running.
  • Options
    Thanks - sensible suggestion. It was a gift from a friend. I have contacted them to ask for proof of purchase evidence, I have also emailed the Club Shop to see if they can help too as I know (within a couple of days) when it was purchased in July. We will see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Good News! I am pleased to say that the original gift card has been found close to where I parked and is now back with me. Thank you to Flloydroadfaithfull and DoctorCharlton for their support - very much appreciated. Happy days!
    Nice to start the day with good news!
  • Options
    Quality stuff mate, pleased for you
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Good News! I am pleased to say that the original gift card has been found close to where I parked and is now back with me. Thank you to Flloydroadfaithfull and DoctorCharlton for their support - very much appreciated. Happy days!
    OK ok.......I’ll be the first nosey one to ask.
    Who found it and how did they get it back to you?
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    I park in a works car park locally for home matches and it was found there on Monday when staff were back in. It had been handed in to reception. Clearly the finder wasn’t a CAFC fan! Good old NHS honesty! 😀
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I park in a works car park locally for home matches and it was found there on Monday when staff were back in. It had been handed in to reception. Clearly the finder wasn’t a CAFC fan! Good old NHS honesty! 😀
    What would we do without the NHS eh ;)
  • Options
    Hold on, surely the NHS staff car park is now behind the West Stand?
    This begs two questions;
    1. Was it found in a pot hole?
    2. Do you drive a rusty old Shitroen?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I lost £200 on the horses on Saturday and was wondering whether any very kind person has found the money. I still have the receipts. 😀
    I Bet Fred has it.........