Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half Time salute to old players

Did anybody catch the name of the first retired player who walked out to the centre circle. I was fortunate to have a short but very enjoyable talk with the gentleman and his good lady about many of the players of the fifties that he played with and I was fortunate  to see as a small boy, whilst on the train to London Bridge where they departed to catch a train to Hastings. 

Comments

• Options

Keith Tucker
  • Options
    Thanks, as I said it was a really interesting if short chat about  many of the team in the early to mid fifties.
  • Options
    Really classless of the Birmingham fans to boo the players at HT, sums up the type of people they are!
  • Options
    Some of our lot booed Luke Young.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Why on earth would anyone boo Luke Young?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    LenGlover said:
    Why on earth would anyone boo Luke Young?
    Exactly but they did.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    LenGlover said:
    Booed or went luuuuuuuuuuuke ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Sounded like booing to me but I accept that my hearing is not the best. I didn't hear any booing of Bent yet others did.
  • Options
    Really classless of the Birmingham fans to boo the players at HT, sums up the type of people they are!
    They didnt boo them all.....in fact they really only boo-ed Bent because he played for "The Villa" & they clapped when Curbishley's name was announced as he once played for them.

They also actually chanted Bowyers name before WE did. 

But hey.......lets not let the truth get in the way of your narrative eh. 
    Their fans probably have mixed emotions over Curbs as he left Birmingham for Aston Villa
  • Options
    They didnt boo them all.....in fact they really only boo-ed Bent because he played for "The Villa" & they clapped when Curbishley's name was announced as he once played for them.

They also actually chanted Bowyers name before WE did. 

But hey.......lets not let the truth get in the way of your narrative eh. 
    When we were asked to give all the players a round of applause they started booing audibly 
  • Options
    I'm sure if were away and the home club did a similar thing and an ex Palace player was rolled out we would do exactly the same.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    I'm sure if were away and the home club did a similar thing and an ex Palace player was rolled out we would do exactly the same.

Exactly, it's all panto really.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    LenGlover said:
    They were saying Luuuuke . Quite a few around me were chanting it.
  • Options
    Some people were still booing Steve Smith after he was dismissed yesterday. Perhaps they were Birmingham fans who made a weekend of it...
  • Options
    Curbs got a standing ovation from the Brum fans
  • Options
    Could somebody list the ex players for me please. I was on the concourse at half time & only saw them walking off. I recognised some but not all from the upper west.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From memory:

Keith Tucker, Brian Kinsey, Keith Peacock, Charlie Wright, Lucien Masiello, John Dunn, Mike Flanagan, Colin Powell, Peter Shaw, Simon Webster, John Robinson, Steve Jones, Darren Bent, Luke Young.

Apologies to any I've missed!
  • Options
      Curbs and Kevin Lisbie
  • Options
    johnboy59 said:
      Curbs and Kevin Lisbie
    and Jon Fortune.
  • Options
    Surprised Derek Hales was not amongst them.
  • Options
    Phil Warman ?
  • Options
    David Young was in the line up.
  • Options
    How does Anthony Barness still look 29 ?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    Bob 'The Cat' Bolder was also there.
  • Options
    Thanks all.