Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taylor & Hemed

From the minimal information available it seems that LT will be out for at least 6 weeks, that includes the following matches:
Wigan A, Leeds H, Swansea H, Fulham A, Derby H, Bristol City A, West Brom A without LT we might make 6 points from those matches, with him possibly no more.

Against Brum Hemed looked to be more an old fashioned type of Leaburnesque striker and LB had little time to school the team to play to his strengths. Perhaps with a week at Sparrows lane it will be better next Saturday. If it is better then it will show LT that we can play without him, if it isn't better it will show the owner that the team need LT and therefore he should finance a better contract offer to keep him at the club which will assist our staying in the Championship and so keep the club as a saleable commodity. If LT's injury is more long term it might put off other teams from bidding for him in January.

What I'm trying to say is that LT's injury might have come at a better time rather than a worse one, but of course it would have been best if he wasn't injured.

Comments

• I was not impressed with Hemed as he looked slow and was rarely in the game. This might be down to the players not knowing his strengths but I didn’t notice anything that gave any indication that he has any. A bit harsh but hopefully he will prove me wrong. 
  • He was nothing like Carl Leaburn. The ball stuck to Carlo irrespective of which part of his body it arrived at and he was almost unbeatable in the air.
    Hemed did very little on Saturday but I haven't given up on him yet, as he looked totally unfit to me. 
  • Hemed didn’t play particularly well on Saturday but that was his first full game and had only played 50 odd mins before that. It will take a couple of games to settle in.  I have no doubt that he will not hit the same heights as Taylor, but I’m sure he will do his bit. 

Same with Kayal - on the way out I heard somebody slaughtering him.....after seeing him for 15 minutes!
    Sadly that's what Charlton fans do.
  • It's strange because in Hemed's first substitute appearance he was all energy, tracking back etc. Seemed much more subdued against brum. 
    Kayal was full of enthusiasm, just not much went right.
    No doubt both will improve with game time and rest of the team getting used to their styles. 
  • Hemed didn’t play particularly well on Saturday but that was his first full game and had only played 50 odd mins before that. It will take a couple of games to settle in.  I have no doubt that he will not hit the same heights as Taylor, but I’m sure he will do his bit. 

Same with Kayal - on the way out I heard somebody slaughtering him.....after seeing him for 15 minutes!
    It's what all fans do. We are no different.  
  • So you’re suggesting we deliberately lose all the games Taylor misses in the hope he gets a better contract offer from Roland?

Hemed didn’t play particularly well on Saturday but that was his first full game and had only played 50 odd mins before that. It will take a couple of games to settle in.  I have no doubt that he will not hit the same heights as Taylor, but I’m sure he will do his bit. 

It's what all fans do. We are no different.  
    Trust me Golfie, you’re definitely “different”. 
  • We can’t hide from it, Hemed didn’t impress, particularly after the big build up of trying to get him, perhaps he had too much of a big build up.

He looks like he badly needs minutes on the pitch, no idea if he had a proper preseason or not, I’m guessing not.

To write him off after his first full game with us would be nuts.

It will be interesting to see if Hemed starts ahead of Chuks on Saturday or not.

Although he looked a bit sluggish he didn’t get much service in my opinion.

For the record I’d start Chuks on Saturday,  but hey what do I know, I’ll leave it to Lee and JJ to decide, that’s what we’re paying them for!

I can understand perhaps why Hemed started, experience  at this level maybe?

What we do need to work on are plan B’s and Plan C’s Without Lyle.
  • Talal said:
    It's strange because in Hemed's first substitute appearance he was all energy, tracking back etc. Seemed much more subdued against brum. 
    No doubt both will improve with game time and rest of the team getting used to their styles. 
    So you're saying Hemed had more energy and was able to run more when he only had to play 45 mins ?
    I think you might be on to something here.
  • Thought Hemed improved in the last 20 mins.  He did well for QPR last year and will just need a run of games as he gets fitter and we learn how to play to his strengths.   Also need to give Brum some credit, Leko didnt have a great game either.

• Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    It's strange because in Hemed's first substitute appearance he was all energy, tracking back etc. Seemed much more subdued against brum. 
    So you're saying Hemed had more energy and was able to run more when he only had to play 45 mins ?
    I think you might be on to something here.
    Alright smart arse. It was just quite a contrast that's all.