Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grant Basey appointed development coach

Grant Basey has been appointed as First Team Development Coach of Charlton Athletic.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d80877b24383/charlton-appoint-grant-basey-as-first-team-development-coach

Comments

• Options
    Good prospect.
  • Options
    What ever happened to his career? I remember it looked like he was all set to have a solid career in the football league at least. Looking at wiki it seemed to just drift into non league....
  • Options
    Cue an announcement that Jason Euell's on his way to better things.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    What ever happened to his career? I remember it looked like he was all set to have a solid career in the football league at least. Looking at wiki it seemed to just drift into non league....
    Had his leg broken by Dominic Blizzard under the SKY cameras

Bristol Rovers won that day 2-1 because the Referee decided not to send him off for the horror challenge

We'd have taken second place had we won that night and wouldnt have had Nicky Bailey's penalty miss

What was worse; Basey never fully recovered which was what sent his career downwards
  • Options
    Sounds a good appointment though

Get someone in who has trodden the same path that Morgan | Wiredu will have to take so can guide them properly
  • Options
    Good to see him progress his career in this way.

Sounds like a sensible move to create this role too.
  • Options
    From watching on social media he seemed to be doing this sort of role anyway. Particularly from the pre season vids etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him.
  • Options
    wasn't he the kit man before?, decent promotion
  • Options
    He's put on some timber from his playing days haha
  • Options
    Perhaps frees up some of Gallen’s time. In his interview he talked about being involved in the academy, while Bowyer has to focus on the first team
  • Options
    Good  move. Not such a big issue for us, but most bigger clubs have someone dedicated to monitoring all their loaned out players which is part of Grant's role.
  • Options

Bristol Rovers won that day 2-1 because the Referee decided not to send him off for the horror challenge

We'd have taken second place had we won that night and wouldnt have had Nicky Bailey's penalty miss

What was worse; Basey never fully recovered which was what sent his career downwards
    Trevor Kettle was the so called referee.
  • Options

How I didn’t get on the pitch and do the same to that fecker that day I don’t know.

So happy to see Grant back at the Club.
  • Options
    So far as I remember I dont think Blizzard apologised for the tackle afterwards - Could be wrong though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So are we starting to see the influence of Gallen at the Directors' table? That's an extra salary for Rolly to pay for.
  • Options
    Basey, post match at the Shrewsbury play off away game, was a sight to behold!
  • Options
    so is there a job going as kit man?
  • Options
    so is there a job going as kit man?
    Academy Kit Manager, as Wayne has moved from the Academy to the First Team.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Grant is very well thought off by the staff down there. He is a smashing lad. Hope it works out for him.
    Echo this, Basey has been in and around the club for a longer period of time than people would know. You’d often find him watching and helping out with the younger age groups in the evenings. Good lad who is perfect for this kind of role.
  • Options
    Academy Kit Manager must have been taken as they’re now after a Kit Assistant. 35 hours p/w, £10 p/h. Closing date is tomorrow.

https://cafc.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=8752e66b-e684-4f20-8ab6-798f5b35a2b5
  • Options
    Thought he looked a decent product from the youth team. Seems as if we're gradually putting together a locally based cadre of people to manage and coach the players, which can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    I’m really pleased for Grant, I’m sure he’ll do a good job.
  • Options
    Oh how I miss the physio that ate all the pies, throwing one into the Covered End every time he was called upon. 
    Proper Charlton. 
  • Options
    nice to see another life long Addick moving into an important role .. keep it in the 'family'