Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

French Football League scrap League Cup from next season...

This means England are the only “top five” footballing country to still have a League Cup competition.

Will the FA/EFL look to do the same?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49747220

Comments

• Premier League not interested in it until the later stages so make the League Cup just for EFL clubs and scrap the Checkatrade Trophy.

Two EFL clubs get a day out at Wembley. 
  • iaitch said:
    Premier League not interested in it until the later stages so make the League Cup just for EFL clubs and scrap the Checkatrade Trophy.

Everyone knows this makes perfect sense.

Would probably even generate more cash overall in the end.

But it won't happen!
  • iaitch said:
    Premier League not interested in it until the later stages so make the League Cup just for EFL clubs and scrap the Checkatrade Trophy.

Clubs like Everton and West Ham may not agree. Both have fielded strong teams so far in this season's competition.
  • i read this somewhere on here but is it true the league cup doesn't come with any prize money till the final? 
  • i read this somewhere on here but is it true the league cup doesn't come with any prize money till the final? 
    Yeah winners receive £100k | runners up receive £50k
    And place in Europe for the winners if not qualified in other competition,  but unlike FA Cup losers never get Euro place.
  • edited September 2019
    I'm struggling to care either way. It's only one game a season. 
  • Kap10 said:
    i read this somewhere on here but is it true the league cup doesn't come with any prize money till the final? 
    And place in Europe for the winners if not qualified in other competition,  but unlike FA Cup losers never get Euro place.
    FA Cup final losers no longer get a place if the winners finish top 4.
    Europa League spot goes to next highest league position.