Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 19/20

Thought I'd start another thread already to keep us going between now and September. 

Draft season has begun and Kyler Murray will be attending the Combine...

Comments

• I can feel it. We're gonna draft Murray and his supposedly overbearing father will prove to be every bit as bad as ESPN are reporting. We will then go 4-12 and trade down in the draft from the top 3, spunk those picks away while some other team secures Fromm/Tua Tagovailoa/whoever, and be rubbish for the foreseeable.

#SadKittyCats 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    I can feel it. We're gonna draft Murray and his supposedly overbearing father will prove to be every bit as bad as ESPN are reporting. We will then go 4-12 and trade down in the draft from the top 3, spunk those picks away while some other team secures Fromm/Tua Tagovailoa/whoever, and be rubbish for the foreseeable.

#SadKittyCats 
    I was listening to Move the Sticks the other day and Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks were saying, he could just say to certain teams "if you draft me, I'm playing baseball" etc and just control where he goes. 
  • why not.

John Elway did the same.
  • MrOneLung said:
    why not.

John Elway did the same.
    Exactly. 
  • Kyler Murray declares for the draft officially and decides he wants to be a QB in the NFL. He'll get $5m signing bonus as a first round pick, which is the same amount he'll have to pay back to the As. Also gets a guaranteed $10m.
  • Browns have signed Kareem Hunt
  • That came out of nowhere! Jim Dorsey worked with him before but very surprised he was given another chance, no doubt a talent but comes with baggage.
  • One of the best running backs in the NFL, he was always going to get a second chance.
  • Probably get 4-6 match ban and then form a great RB tandem with Chubb. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anybody watch any of the AAF that started last week?
  • se9addick said:
    Has anybody watch any of the AAF that started last week?
    Not yet but following it. I've picked Memphis for my team as I absolutely love it there. Doesn't sound like Hackenburg has got off to the best start!

• se9addick said:
    Not yet but following it. I've picked Memphis for my team as I absolutely love it there. Doesn't sound like Hackenburg has got off to the best start!

Going to Nashville in July, hoping I can fit Memphis in while we’re there. 

I’m not sure if the AAF is actually available to watch anywhere in the U.K., would be good if Sky or BT picked it up. 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Going to Nashville in July, hoping I can fit Memphis in while we’re there. 

I’m not sure if the AAF is actually available to watch anywhere in the U.K., would be good if Sky or BT picked it up. 
    Tennessee is one of my favourite places. Obviously make sure you get to Sun Studios, Graceland and Beale St in Memphis as well seeing the Ducks in the Peabody Hotel. If you're ever there during NBA season a Grizzlies game is worth a night out. Good value and a cool experience there. Nashville is just a great place - good bars, good food, great people (that's all of Tennessee though). You can hire bikes and cycle around as well. Johnny Cash museum is obviously a must. 
  • San Antonio Commanders for me. Didn’t have a chance to watch any over the weekend though.
  • edited February 2019
    There is some talk that Rosen could be traded to the Giants and Cards taking Murray at #1.
  • edited February 2019
    Raiders thought they had a deal to play a season at the SF Giants baseball stadium but the 49ers appear to have blocked that deal, somehow?

Raiders owner is keen to keep them in the Bay Area so there are only two real options left.
  • Why can't they play at the A's stadium? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ps not watched the AAF yet but love the idea. Will pick The Fleet - call it recompense for @SDAddick's choice in EFL team :grin:
  • I will take the Salt Lake Stallions then as Utah Jazz are my NBA team.
  • San Antonio for me
  • Memphis Express for me. 
  • Antonio Brown is seeking a trade. Where does he land?
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Antonio Brown is seeking a trade. Where does he land?

What team will @AB84 play for to start the 2019 season?
    Cardinals 4/1 Packers 9/2 Dolphins 5/1 Raiders 5/1 49ers 5/1 Colts 7/1 Jets 10/1 Redskins 10/1 Browns 12/1 Ravens 20/1 Bills 20/1 Patriots 20/1 (odds via @BetOnlineBurns )

• Pats value at 20/1
  • Pats value at 20/1
    They won't pay much for a wide receiver, despite AB's deal being relatively cheap for the next three years.

What a dark timeline that would be, though.
  • Flacco traded to the Broncos.