Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

La Liga 2019/2020

Was gonna add this to last years La Liga thread but as its for next season thought I may as well start it now.

Whilst most teams are enjoying the summer break, Mallorca have only just(in the last 10 minutes) booked their place in La Liga for next season.

They beat Deportivo 3-2 on agg, losing the 1st leg 2-0 before winning 3-0 tonight

Seems very late to me, is it always done like this @CharltonMadrid

Comments

• Yes - play offs always finish now in the Segunda Liga and the third division ones still have their final legs next week as well, with two more teams still to join Madrid's Fuenlabrada and Racing Santander in the second level next week. 
  • Congratulations to Mallorca. Believe that’s their second promotion in two years?
  • Anyone know when the new fixtures are out?

Cant make up my mind whether to see Athletico Madrid , PSG or Dortmund at home.
  • Fixtures out in the first week of July.
  • Any news on broadcasting rights for this season? 
  • Not yet. Eleven Sports seems to have been a total failure - they had to give away all of their European rights except La Liga midway through the season due to financial difficulties, can't see them getting it again. Think Premier Sports will bid for it (they're showing the Copa America this summer), hopefully Sky will come back into it.
  • Saw this live. I'm in Thailand was on in a bar I was drinking in. Didn't realise until reading this thread it was live as often show old games. Big pitch invasion at the end like donny at the valley. 
  • I think the leagues in Spain had their season ends delayed by a week due to the Reyes death. Still seems really late to be finishing up though.
  • Don't think the Reyes death affected the playoff dates - the weekend he died the games were postponed from the Sunday to the Tuesday.

Playoffs always end towards end of June here - mainly as the system is so complicated. Mallorca won the second division playoff but the third is still going, where 16 teams (from four parallel regionalised leagues) compete for four places in the league above. The fourth is even more complex - 76 teams competing for 16 places! Both of those finish this weekend.
  • Gutted about Deportivo not being promoted, but at the same time, they had an awfull second half of the season, and the football they played was miserable at times. They seemed to have reversed this a bit with the new manager, but they came out against Mallorca in the second leg looking like a team eaten by fear, surrendered 70% of the pitch and got overwhelmed. When Mallorca equalised, they actually came out and gave it a bit of a go, and after they went behind they had a chance in the 94th minute to send it into extra time. But 3-0 tells it's own story, and Mallorca were very much the better team over the season and quite a bit of the play offs. Deportivo now have to sell players and build a cheaper squad. Hopefully they can try and get some players like those Bowyer has assembled, with a bit of fire and belief, as it's hard to get promoted when 80% of the passes you make are sideways and the rest are mostly backwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• The playoff system in Spain is crazy. I believe some teams can win their league and then still need to win 4 different 2 legged playoffs to get promoted. 

Good on Mallorca. Sounded like an amazing atmosphere with around 22k at the game 
  • edited June 2019
    The playoff system in Spain is crazy. I believe some teams can win their league and then still need to win 4 different 2 legged playoffs to get promoted. 

Good on Mallorca. Sounded like an amazing atmosphere with around 22k at the game 
    Winners of the four leagues play off against each other over two legs with the two winners getting promoted and the losers enter into the knock outs against second, third and fourth placed teams, which then have three rounds of two legs leaving two more promoted teams so yes it's very long and complex! It's good still having the football going on a while - might go to see a game here this weekend. Will be around 40 degrees though...
  • Rumours a few weeks ago that Barca wanted Neymar, seems to be in spanish papers that they have verbally agreed a deal with Neymar
  • The return of MSN
  • edited June 2019
    Final games of 2019 season today on last day of June!

As well as the various fourth division final play off games for promotion to the third, today is the final game for third division play offs, with Atletico Baleares v Mirandes. Yesterday Ponferradina beat Hercules for the third promotion place to the second division.

Fixtures out next week. The team I follow, Madrid's Union Adarve, unfortunately got relegated down to the Madrid area zone of the 19 league fourth division but I will be renewing my season ticket and looking forward to the new campaign.
  • Looking forward to my team playing the newly renamed Flat Earth FC next year:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/06/29/5d17aa04268e3ecb4f8b458d.html
  • Fixtures announced.

El Clasico on 27th October and 1st March
  • Still no news on UK tv coverage 
  • cafc4life said:
    Still no news on UK tv coverage 
    Eleven Sports seem to have upped their interest on twitter this week. Regular tweets about the Spanish league and fixture announcements etc.
    Disappointing but I think it might stay with them this season.
  • https://www.sportindustry.biz/news/la-liga-launches-tender-process-rights-uk-ireland

They do like to leave things to the last minute over in Spain. Tenders by 25 July, so hopefully an announcement before the end of the month.
  • Sponsored links:

• Griezmann confirmed by Barca just need Neymar now for

Messi
    Griezman  Suarez Neymar

Front 4 to scare anyone
  • Pah!

Aneke
    Bonne Taylor TBA
  • Griezmann confirmed by Barca just need Neymar now for

Messi
    Griezman  Suarez Neymar

Front 4 to scare anyone
    Ironically played for Real Sociedad and Atletico for the same length of time playing the same amount of League game for each club

So in five years when Grizemann has played 180-games he'll be sold again
  • Kieran Trippier looks to be signing for Atletico Madrid - great move for him and hope it goes well.
  • Fekir is a great signing for Real Betis. Obviously some question marks over his knee but a real headline signing for Betis. 
  • Fekir is a great signing for Real Betis. Obviously some question marks over his knee but a real headline signing for Betis. 
    Has the knee issue obviously but for 20m it's a bargain for Betis in todays market. Amazed that premier league sides weren't interested at that price.

20m these days just about gets you a decent player from the championship. 
  • Only a friendly I know(although its never a friendly between these 2) but real getting there arses handed to them 5-0 at HT by Atletico

Courtois

Odriozola
    Ramos
    Nacho
    Marcelo

Modric
    Kroos
    Isco

Vinicius
    Jovic
    Hazard

Was the starting 11