Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kits - 2020/21 Season

Hummel held their annual consultation with fans at the museum tonight.

Lots of fans of different ages had their say on the the home, change and third kits.

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Click on the links below to see the suggested designs

• Well I can see a royal blue colour on the table and the grey Woolwich kit from 1988/89 behind, would be happy with a remake of that.
  • Is the guy in the green t-shirt swearing allegiance?

• Link 2 isn’t the right shade of red.
  • Is that @razil getting involved ?
  • Sage said:
    Well I can see a royal blue colour on the table and the grey Woolwich kit from 1988/89 behind, would be happy with a remake of that.
    red herring alert.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Will this be the last season with Hummel?
  • No, next year is 4th of a five year deal.
  • se9addick said:
    Is that @razil getting involved ?
    Yes
  • No, next year is 4th of a five year deal.
    What are the chances of the deal being renewed?
  • edited September 2019
    No, next year is 4th of a five year deal.

@cafc999 and I only spoke to the two designers.

They seemed really into working with us.

What their business people and our senior management (ha ha) think, who knows.

The two of us had a long chat with them, as @cafc999 is the museum's shirt expert.

Really interesting hearing how the whole process works. They've already put in months of work already in the practical physical aspects of the kit plus maybe 100 cafc kit designs for next season.

• cafc999 said:
    I asked that question to Hummel and they would be open to carry on but it's out of there hands.

Hummel also told us that we are the only club that they have a fan consultation process with.
    That's surprising. And impressive
     should be a story on the OS today about last night.

• Museum open today.

See all the old kits.
  • I've been arguing for the club to do this more, so thought I should support the idea by attending. Not sure how they get ideas though as almost everyone in attendance including my son has a very different opinion..
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:
    I've been arguing for the club to do this more, so thought I should support the idea by attending. Not sure how they get ideas though as almost everyone in attendance including my son has a very different opinion..
    They’re probably only pretending to listen, but at least there’s the pretence! 
  • se9addick said:
    razil said:
    I've been arguing for the club to do this more, so thought I should support the idea by attending. Not sure how they get ideas though as almost everyone in attendance including my son has a very different opinion..
    That's very unfair and just not true.

There was a general consensus on some kits and colours not being right and the same on some bring good.  

It's a consultation, not a referendum (thank gawd) but at least the take the time to do it and they do take on board what fans say.
  • se9addick said:
    razil said:

There was a general consensus on some kits and colours not being right and the same on some bring good.  

It's a consultation, not a referendum (thank gawd) but at least the take the time to do it and they do take on board what fans say.
    Even a referendum is essentially an opinion poll.  The government (or whoever...) can take action on the outcome, or not...
  • edited September 2019
    cafc-west said:
    se9addick said:
    razil said:

Even a referendum is essentially an opinion poll.  The government (or whoever...) can take action on the outcome, or not...
    If you look closely there is a blue shirt on the table.

It had a number of stars on it.

We have an European owner.

That's all I can say

• Looks like a rangers shirt on the table 
  • Looks like a rangers shirt on the table 
    Always someone ready to walk over a gag.
  • cafc999 said:
    I asked that question to Hummel and they would be open to carry on but it's out of there hands.

Hummel also told us that we are the only club that they have a fan consultation process with.
    That's surprising. And impressive
     should be a story on the OS today about last night.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d77a26992d18/charlton-fans-take-part-in-consulation-for-202021-kits
  • Call me old fashioned, but Id like red for the home kit.
  • edited September 2019
    CAFCTrev said:
    Call me old fashioned, but Id like red for the home kit.
    According to this guy, who sounds very intelligent, ITK and passed the CL height test, it is.

"Hayes added: “There were some really strong designs. They were different but also, they were harking back to some of the old kits. The home kit’s red and that’s the main thing! "
  • Why are there no home or  away adult shirts on sale?