Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blues fan in peace

First of all, good to see you back and looking forward to the game Saturday. Interested to hear your view of Mr Bowyer, tactically and man management wise, liked him as a player for Blues and was quite surprised when he went into management. Have you still got the idiot owners ? remember throwing balls onto the pitch last time we played.

All the best. 

Comments

• Bowyer surprised me, a very good player but i did not expect him to make a good manager.  He has been superb both tactically and man management and has built a super team around him with Gallen and JJ.  The owner is still there but seems to have lost interest so we have improved as his time and thoughts invested has reduced.  He seems to just leave it to Bowyer and co to run.  I personally do not see us challenging at the top throughout the season but those that under estimate us will certainly do so at their peril as we have shown already.  We have a squad who put their body on the line and fight every inch with no little skill and experience too.
  • edited September 2019
    Greetings, Blues fan.  Yes, Bowyer is doing unimaginably well on the smallest budget in the division.  He has shaped a team in his own image: tough, resolute, attacking.  By all accounts he is remarkably calm in the dressing room.  He has grown up.

Enjoy the game on Saturday.  I have a lasting affection for Brum, ever since my three years at Aston University in the early 1980s - and pub crawls of Victorian back-streets...
  • I am pleased to see Birmingham doing better this season too. Bowyer is proving himself to be very special. Anybody who said they predicted it would be lying. We won't be able to agree on the outcome we want from Saturday, but I'm sure it will be a decent game. I'm sure your team will not underestimate us as some of you fans are doing. I hope they do though :) If you have better midfielders than Williams, Cullen and Gallagher and a better striker than Taylor, you will be up there this season. Two consecutive clean sheets too from our defence.
  • Apparently XG is the only scouting thats relevant, so I wouldnt worry too much.
  • ''in peace''
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    Ended up in the wrong end at at Brum in the mid to late 60's in the lower tier behind one of the goals. No segregation and got a bag of cold greasy chips on my head as the natives above us got restless prior to kick off. I was lucky it wasn't a bottle as our coach which was parked up the side of a nearby park came under a hail of bricks and stones after the game.

Big Chris Slattery got of the bus to take the w*nkers on but got felled like Goliath and we managed to drag him back on board before making a speedy but draughty getaway with a few windows missing. Think we got tonked 4-0 that day, good job we never won! Millwall of the Midlands for sure 😡.
  • As any club, including ours, Birmingham have good and bad fans. Mostly good. Even Millwall have a few good fans. 
    As @AddickUpNorth will testify. ;)
  • As any club, including ours, Birmingham have good and bad fans. Mostly good. Even Millwall have a few good fans. 
    Also that muppet Jasper Carrott egging them on with a half time pep talk at another game up there didn't help.
    Never met a "good" bluenose personally just violent and/or mouthy arseholes.
  • Yes, Bowyer played for Birmingham for a while. I recall it being said that was his only Wembley appearance as a player. Bowyer is what is known as a front foot manager. We do try to win every game which is refreshing as it seems to by quite rare - even looking at past managers we have had.
  • edited September 2019
    Blues1875 said:
    First of all, good to see you back and looking forward to the game Saturday. Interested to hear your view of Mr Bowyer, tactically and man management wise, liked him as a player for Blues and was quite surprised when he went into management. Have you still got the idiot owners ? remember throwing balls onto the pitch last time we played.

All the best. 
    Yes we're still blighted by the idiot owner.  90 minutes of "We want roland out, we want roland out...etc"  from the Jimmy Seed will be most welcome.  Chuck whatever you like on the pitch (not at the players tho eh?).  Make up huge banners decrying the delusional old failure and write all manner of lurid accusations as to R Duchatelet's conduct, habits, body-odour, proclivities and halitosis all over the visitors' bogs for successive visiting fans to enjoy.  All grist to the mill. 

Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Ended up in the wrong end at at Brum in the mid to late 60's in the lower tier behind one of the goals. No segregation and got a bag of cold greasy chips on my head as the natives above us got restless prior to kick off. I was lucky it wasn't a bottle as our coach which was parked up the side of a nearby park came under a hail of bricks and stones after the game.

Big Chris Slattery got of the bus to take the w*nkers on but got felled like Goliath and we managed to drag him back on board before making a speedy but draughty getaway with a few windows missing. Think we got tonked 4-0 that day, good job we never won! Millwall of the Midlands for sure 😡.
    Don't you mean 50's?!

I never liked going up there for reasons mentioned as other posts on here.

I have two Birmingham mates who are good lads and we always have a cracking drink in Digbeth before and after the game.  I'll be with them Saturday.
  • edited September 2019
    RedChaser said:

Don't you mean 50's?!

I have two Birmingham mates who are good lads and we always have a cracking drink in Digbeth before and after the game.  I'll be with them Saturday.
    I'm going to find all three of you and give you a right good kicking 
    They're from Gloucester, so listen for  the west country accent.

I'll have my stepladder with me.
  • edited September 2019
    RedChaser said:

Don't you mean 50's?!

Fifties? I was in short pants then similar to the long ones you wear these days 😉.
  • Should be a good atmosphere.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Don't you mean 50's?!

Fifties? I was in short pants then similar to the long ones you wear these days 😉.
     :'( 
    I hate you.
  • Trying to win every game seems to be borne out by results - last home defeat was September 2018, and only 2 losses on the road during 2019.
  • I spent a drunken hour with bowyer in Portugal(before he managed us) on a golf trip  and when I described the prick of an owner we had he immediately mentioned Carson Yeung and said what a crank he was .
    Think he said he turned up to the training ground by helicopter once and they all had to line up  in the positions they’d have on the pitch for him ( I was hammered so may have got this mixed up ) 

anyway Stern John in the last last minute play off semi will never be forgotten by this Millwall hater , so I forgive the blues wrongdoings for that great great moment in football ....

we’re due a loss , so you’ve got a chance 
    I’d take a point right here and now