Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are Charlton a sleeping Giant?

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Will we ever get 40k + crowds again, even if we win a cup/get into Europe etc.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    yes
  • Options
    No and I actually enjoyed it with only 8k there last night. The pub before the game was great, in the ground you could sit where you liked and as a group of mates, and didn't take ages to get back to the car after the game. A couple more relegations and I reckon I could really get back into my footy again ...........
  • Options
    no

(that's that topic done then!)
  • Options
    Depends what time 1905 went to bed.
  • Options
    "No and I actually enjoyed it with only 8k there last night. The pub before the game was great, in the ground you could sit where you liked and as a group of mates, and didn't take ages to get back to the car after the game. A couple more relegations and I reckon I could really get back into my footy again "

You forgot to mention the curry afterwards! Don't feel too great today (didn't make it into work until 10:30)

Make you right about relegation... Welling away anyone
  • Options
    It was a good one mate - and I felt a bit fragile this am.

Sco - I knew there would be a post on those lines :-)
  • Options
    NO No No
  • Options
    At present, no.

We attracted less than 8,000 home fans for a game that was just £10. Not really much more the club can do there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]At present, no.

We attracted less than 8,000 home fans for a game that was just £10. Not really much more the club can do there
    sell the beer cheaper?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the club never was a giant so cant be a sleeping one. 40000 plus crowds were not that common. they were interspersed with c15000 werent they even in 1940s
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]At present, no.

to be fair tho, apart from forest who had a normal crowd last night!??!
  • Options
    how many charged just £10 though ?
  • Options
    (Yawn) Do we really need to beat ourselves up again over this? I thought the game involved winning by the odd goal in 7?