Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ever been on TV?....

Comments

• Options
    bump for cfgs
  • Options
    The 6 o'clock show in 84, did an article on a rasberry blowing contest in The Woodman at Blackfen. At the time, I worked in the Lloyds Bank a couple of doors away. The guvnor asked the staff in as the pub was shut but he needed people in the background. When they did the slot they needed 2 people at the front blowing rasberries so me and a bird jumped up. I was 16, p*ssed and blowing a rasberry on national TV. My parents were not that impressed when I got home!

I also got through on the phone to swap shop in the 70's and spoke to Noel and some guy who made animal programmes (can't remember his name)

Seen myself in football crowds a few times and in the audience for soccer am.
  • Options
    Was shown at Huddersfield on Sky around Christmas 6/7 odd years ago. I was dressed as Father Christmas and was quite drunk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Eltham_addick:[/cite]3) about 10 years ago, was on 'The Real Holiday Show' on Channel 4, hosted by Gaby Roslin...me and 6 mates in Bodrum, Turkey....the slot of all of us on that show ended 5 relationships in the space of 5 minutes !

LOL very hard to stick to the 'whats on tour' motto when there is a camera crew around !

Simply me and Mrs Dazzler always let eachother know what we have been upto on seperate holidays.... at least I do!
  • Options
    never have and never wanted to. I totaly hate having my pic taken , cant think of anything worse. As for being on TV rather have teeth pulled with no pain killers.

Plus no pics of me and no Tv of me is my gift to the World.
  • Options
    Went on 'Soccer AM' twice in 1998, first on the day we played Huddersfield, the second when they asked us back on the show before the play-off final with the Sunderland fans.

On the day of the Huddersfield game, in the group interview with Tim Lovejoy I stated that Mark Bright was 'rubbish'- well, he hadn't done too well up to that point and my reverse psychology must've worked as we won 1-0 that day with Bright heading the winner! When we went back the second time I made sure that Lovejoy asked me what I thought of Bright now- I said he was a 'top man'!

We did rubbish in the 'kick the ball through the hole thingy'. Nigel Winterburn was one of the guests when we were on the second time with the Sunderland fans. All my efforts from the spot were dismal, I put this down to the 'spot' being a taped down bit of paper that the ball wouldn't sit on. So when it was my turn next time, Winterburn bounced the ball back in my direction and I just half volleyed it straight back through the hole! I didn't think they'd give it but on checking the video later, they added it to our score. The Sunderland fans beat us 8-3 though and won the 'Premiership Plaice'- a manky old fish on a plate. I was much happier that Charlton won the real 'Premiership Place' two days later!

Helen Chamberlain was great even though she was a bit down following Torquay's play off defeat the night before but Tim Loejoy was a bit of a prat. Aside from Winterburn, Phil Daniels and Damon Albarn were on the second show and Darren Gough was on the first- all great blokes.

The only other time I got on TV was when the MOTD cameras picked my Dad and I out in the crwod at the Kettering cup tie in 1989.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    so why didnt u stick one on the Chelsea posser and take Hells Bells for a beer ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: righthandbackward[/cite]me a few times:

1. The Time The Place in 1987 presented by Mike Scott, the topic of debate was Crying. I had a minute long cameo giving my thoughts as a 10 year old schoolboy on why men tend not to publicly express their emotions. The VHS always comes out at Xmas for the embarrassment factor!! On the bright side I got to meet Fred Trueman who was also on the show.

2. Interviewed on Danish TV with Howitzer before Villa away in our relegation season, dressed as nun and priest respectively.

3. Back in the summer of '99, Belgian TV "Die Dag von 100,000 Francs" or something like that. A programme kinda along the lines of Brewster's Millions where the winners have to spend all the money in 24 hours. Anyway these 2 Belgian girls decided to fly over to London first class, champagne breakfast at the dorchester, pick up 2 guys and fly them back to Gent for an all-night music festival.

I was minding my own business in Leicester Square one Saturday afternoon when I got approached by a film crew and these girls asking if i wanted to go to Belgium with them. I didn't have anything planned so i thought yeah why not. they took me home to get my passport and then off we went to Heathrow (they had also picked up a french guy called Alain by this point). The next 16 hours were a bit of a blur but did involve a lot of travelling, partying and booze, even the camera crew and production manager were getting drunk. The girls spent their last Francs at the airport on mine and Frenchie's plane tickets at about 6am, also giving us money to get taxis back into London the other end. Got home late Sunday morning, knackered!

About a month later I received the video in the post. The whole days shooting was edited into a programme about 5 mins long which went plane, drinking, sights of London, guys, plane, drinking, Gent festival, drinking, dancing, drinking, airport". Unfortunately for me they left in the juicy bits which included me playing tonsil tennis with one of the girls, she wasn't the prettiest, as my mates pointed out to me much to their amusement when i showed them the video!!!!

I haven't been on TV since...[/quote]

Never read this tread before.... that is brilliant mate... love it...

I was on once becasue my dad had failed to put the curtains up in time for kick off and so we turned up late for a game against qpr at selhurst and then a shot of the back of me and my dad buying our tickets was on a 3 min tv article about declining crowds at charlton.....
  • Options
    I agree GH, the thought of going on TV terrifies me!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]so why didnt u stick one on the Chelsea posser and take Hells Bells for a beer ?

We were all sorely tempted- he knew nothing about Chelsea pre 1990 and had no idea we helped to relegate them in 1988! We did all go for a beer after the show ended but the Soccer AM crew tended to keep to themselves. Altough earlier during an ad break in the show, Helen had a bit of a problem with her microphone battery which was tucked in to her jeans. While she fiddled with it we got a quick flash of her tattoo on her shapely rear!

Had a chat with Damon Albarn while he played the fruit machine and he admitted the 'feud' with Blur and Oasis was a load of rubbish, it was all trumped up by the press apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Filmed a couple of times during the "Back to the Valley" campaign, and ended up on screen during Fantasy Football having a chat with Frank about the pies at The Valley.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Mrs McMoist and myself were interviewed by a news crew after the Fulham game a couple of years ago but we never saw it on the TV. It was Pards first game in charge, I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Mrs McMoist and myself were interviewed by a news crew after the Fulham game a couple of years ago but we never saw it on the TV. It was Pards first game in charge, I think.

What the infamous hand ball game, where the colourblind lino gave them a lifeline they readily grabbed?
  • Options
    Was picked up with my pal after beating Spurs 1-0 at WHL a few years back (Chrissy Powell scored one off his thigh if I remember right). After the game players clapping the crowd...cut to Jorge Costa...cut to me and my pal singing "we're all going on a european tour"...How wrong we were!

Was in the front row on Top Gear 2 series back. had a brilliant day up there and ended up right behind Clarkson for the description of the Shelby Mustang.
  • Options
    Crimewatch
  • Options
    Green Street

Had dinner with Elija wood and Charlie Hunman in between filming in Cheapside as the fight scene was filmed at the bank!
  • Options
    Was you the one in the Tu Tu then TN ?
  • Options
    No

Lacoste coat mate.....
  • Options
    Is that you A?....
  • Options
    PeteF, who stood for the Valley Party got interviewed by Japanese TV at the Valley a couple of years ago - I Had the tape then he got it back from me - oh what a laugh we had at his expense. He has the tape hidden but one day we will get it on You Tube.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Came down the covered-end steps just before HT against West Ham with my pal - we were going to big-up Parker for an excellent 45 minutes as he came off.

Just as we arrived at the front and leant over the barrier - he scored and celebrated right in front of us - I went crazy, so did my pal.
    Loads of folk who know me saw it on Sky and my phone was buzzing with calls and texts straight away.
    It's one of my favourite Charlton moments.

See the goals here - We are on the steps at 2mins 5 secs.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2rYwyS6jxWg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    First year we went up, away at Highbury, clearly spotted on Grandstand giving Petit the wanker sign as he came over to take a corner.

Also, was once interviewed by US cable TV in Trafalgar Square - they asked me about phobias. Told them I was Coulrophobic. They laughed when I told them what that was, and asked me if I was scared of anything else. I said 'yes - your muppet of a president'. Not sure if it ever got used :)
  • Options
    F-Blocker - Manage Civil Enforcement Officers (Parking Attendants) - for a large central London Local Authority - they C4 were trying to get evidence of dodgy practices and targets - tricks of the trade like stuff - luckily they got very very little. It was a very stressful few weeks when we knew it was going to be on but not what it contained......
  • Options
    1. I was interviewed by the BBC for the One show a couple of weeks ago, they were doing a feature on what we Brits think of the USA.

2. I was stopped just outside the North stand before the Swansea game this season by Sky sports; I gave my thoughts.

3. BBC look North interviewed us when my boss took over the Washington pub on Fitzwilliam street in Sheffield back in 1996.

4. I sang Happy birthday to Simon-le-Bon of Duran-Duran live on Breakfast TV some time around 1984, I also gave him a birthday cake next to Camden lock. Said international rock star did not look impressed.

5. I interviewed Alvin Stardust on breakfast TV. Well, "interview" is bit of an exaggeration, I just asked him what his most embarrassing moment was. I can't remember what he said.
  • Options
    Was on songs of praise as a kid with the cubs at the tabernackle in Elephant and Castle, in the shadows in an Elastoplats ad,you can't really see me but I know I am there, in the crowd at Villa 4-3 game.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Got interviewed on Danish TV back in December last year, reg. my views on watching free sports streams (had something to do with the Kessler v Calzaghe match, where a fair bit of us watched it for free on the net (some American streamed the free HBO signal), while most Danes paid £50 to watch it as Pay Per View.

Also, in April 2006, I was caught on TV climbing over a fence, separating us (Odense) with the away supporters (Horsens). My mum wasn't impressed, when she saw it in the news.
  • Options
    Have been crowd spotted a few times on Match of the Day and the Championship, the best two being after Steve Jones equalizer at Anfield in the late 90s-it panned to the crowd and showed me looking angry, and the other after last seasons Palace win at Selhurst, when they showed the crowd afterwards, I was in the middle in a bright blue tracksuit top standing on my seat so you couldn't really miss me.

I was in an Oasis documentary years ago as well when they were interviewing fans at Earls court before a gig in 1995.
  • Options
    A few football ones - main one being Sky asking people outside the Valley 3 or 4 hours before a match what we thought of Parker leaving. I said I understood why he wanted to leave - which I got booed for! - but that he'd gone about it completely the wrong way.

Was also on RI:SE once.

Mate got tickets to some theatre premiere, so we went with our respective girlfriends. We were waiting for them while they were in the loo, and found myself standing next to Trevor McDonald. Next morning, got a few texts saying I'd been on tv standing next to him when they showed what celebs were there.

What they didn't show is that we went for a drink, came back the same way, and he was standing in the same place, so me going "bit bloody slow, your missus, isn't she?"

And newsroom southeast or whatever it is now in my local on the day of the smoking ban starting.
  • Options
    Football related away at Port Vale circa 1991/92 me and about 3 friends were the only people on the terrace the rest of you about 300 had decided to go in the seats so there was a maximum of about 35 on the terrace........We were right behind the goal 4running about when we scored / awarded a penalty - long time ago but on the then football shows.
  • Options
    Was on the BBC news wayback in 89/90 at Selhurst, filming me & my pals walking into the turnstiles against Coventry.

Was in all the national and local papers and on the TV news/internet for all the wrong reasons back in 04.