Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Gordon's Arms in Chislehurst...

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
This boozer was recommended to me last night......any good?..

Comments

• Options
    I think buckshee's sister works there or owns it or something.

meant to be lovely. the roads round there are gorgeous! little edwardian cottages!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    Not bad, old school place. If not there are plenty of nice boozers in close proximity!
  • Options
    I'll give it a whirl...
  • Options
    Not a bad boozer. Don't get in there that often but it's ok. It's more of a locals pub like the Sydney Arms up the road. The guvnor is a big Charlton fan.
  • Options
    I'd say it was a locals pub for old gits. I certainly wouldn't recommend it.
  • Options
    If you like The Alma you'll love this place mate ;-)
  • Options
    I met up with some friends there last year on a Friday night.

Service was diabolical - the young women behind the bar preferring to chat to their friends and fellas rather than serve.

Bell went right on the dot at 11pm and staff were clearing glasses and tables straight away.

By ten past pub was nearly emptied and we were the last to leave - being rushed out at quarter past eleven as staff hovered to take our glasses! On a Friday! I can only assume the staff were on a promise or going somewhere like a party.

Haven't been back since and have no inclination to any time soon!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I'd say it was a locals pub for old gits. I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Being an old git, I'll most probably love it...
  • Options
    A long time ago Wednesday night at The Alma used to be Gay night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's owned and run by pat and richard. Richard is mad charlton and has a season ticket in the west .

my connection is pat is my sisters ex's mum.

nice pub in my opinion