Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cloverfield....

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
Saw this the other night....can't decide whether it was really clever or a pile of cack...

Comments

• wanted to go and see it in the cinema but missed it, the director said it plays well at home on dvd so might check it out over the weekend you dont see the monster do you? is it all cut aways like bliar witch?
  • my gripe with it was it pretends to be unedited footage, but has very clear edits/cuts in it, also the 'narrator' really got on my tits after a while as did the 'stylistic' zoom in and out camera work which was very hard on they eye, and clearly contrived.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]wanted to go and see it in the cinema but missed it, the director said it plays well at home on dvd so might check it out over the weekend you dont see the monster do you? is it all cut aways like bliar witch?

Filmed like Blair Witch. You do see the monster.

Hopefully, there'll be a sequel that might explain a few things...
  • like what?
  • going to see indiana jones on sunday... cant wait!!! never saw the orginals in the cinema like star wars i was too young.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]like what?

Whats the thing that splashes into the sea at the end?

Where does the monster come from? etc etc
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]like what?

Hopefully like why it was so shite.
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Saw this the other night....can't decide whether it was really clever or a pile of cack...

Ok for entertainment but not a great film.
  • oh ok, can't say I cared that much to remember that stuff... he he he
  • Thought it was okay in the cinema. Fast paced at times where you cant honestly see whats happening. My mistake was sitting to close and it made me sick.

Think it's a film you want to see again, because you know you've missed parts and a second viewing will make sense of it all....or less sense knowing the director.
  • Sponsored links:

• After the credits they leave hints towards a sequel.

Apparently if you play the tape backwards it says It's still here.

Thought the film was quite good, much better than I expected it to be.
  • Enjoyed it as a switch off brain for 90mins type film
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Enjoyed it as aswitch off brain for 90minstype film

Must be hard for an intelectual like you....;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]After the credits they leave hints towards a sequel.

Apparently if you play the tape backwards it says It's still here.

Thought the film was quite good, much better than I expected it to be.

I thought it was "its still alive"...