Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks lining up 'freescoring' midfield dynamo in the summer?!

edited February 2009 in Rumours
A little bird tells me one Gary Liddle of Hartlepool is being lined up to run the midfield engine room if, as is expected, Nicky Bailey is enticed away...
Sadly, my spy tells me the aforementioned Mr Liddle is more likely to pass backwards than to go marauding goalward, a la Mr Bailey, 'though he is apparently a volatile little firebrand, not averse to a little 'rough and tumble' with opponents should the situation dictate...
Watch this space...

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Blimey. Let's have the transfer rumoiurs for next season after we know where we are next season
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Laura Angel[/cite]A little bird tells me one Gary Liddle of Hartlepool is being lined up to run the midfield engine room if, as is expected, Nicky Bailey is enticed away...
    Sadly, my spy tells me the aforementioned Mr Liddle is more likely to pass backwards than to go marauding goalward, a la Mr Bailey, 'though he is apparently a volatile little firebrand, not averse to a little 'rough and tumble' with opponents should the situation dictate...
    Watch this space...

So Nicky Bailey is leaving us, practicaly nailed on according to you...nice way to start off the day with a wind up mate!
    Or are you just having a good time trying to depress us all even more?
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella....LOL
  • Options
    & Keith Jones ?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Who is it that "expects" Bailey to be enticed away?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Who is it that "expects" Bailey to be enticed away?

Mark Kinsella, according to Laura's login
  • Options
    So free scoring he's hit the incredible total of err 1 this season.
  • Options
    Mirror reporting this morning that Bailey a target for WBA if (when) they drop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]Mirror reporting this morning that Bailey a target for WBA if (when) they drop.

Well we'd get good money for him hopefully with them getting parachute money.

But I personally think he'll stay - I think he likes it here and to me he is a proper Charlton player

they can have ZZ though
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    To be honest, I don't think he has done enough to be anyone better than us's target.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    I dont understand how a free scoring midfielder is more likely to pass backwards than go forwards!
  • Options
    perhaps he stands with his back to goal?
  • Options
    Obviously the irony of my 'freescoring' header was lost on some of the readers.
    Can't elaborate on my source, but safe to say there's a better than 50/50 chance of Liddle appearing in the Addicks' colours next season.
    Just wait and see...
  • Options
    Well if we are relegated and if Nicky Bailey gets offers, I'd imagine he'd want to go. He left Barnet for Southend when they came along, same thing when we came along.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Well if we are relegated and if Nicky Bailey gets offers, I'd imagine he'd want to go. He left Barnet for Southend when they came along, same thing when we came along.

Oh.... so it's only 50/50 now then...that let's you off the hook rather nicely, one way or the other...now perhaps you'd like to clarify your take on Bailey leaving us...I love posters like you....keep up the disruptive and nonsensical RUMOURS Laura...we've heard so many over the years most of us could write a book on them.
    If you've nothing 'deffo' to say, then why say anything?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Laura Angel[/cite]Obviously the irony of my 'freescoring' header was lost on some of the readers.
    Can't elaborate on my source, but safe to say there's a better than 50/50 chance of Liddle appearing in the Addicks' colours next season.
    Just wait and see...
    Well you're definitely right then! If he doesn't come then it was in the other fifty percent.

If however you do have genuine powers could you check with my old gran if she left a box of money under the stairs. I'd be interested.