Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stead or Kandol

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Jon Stead been told he can leave Ipswich....who would we prefer.
Parky needs a target man..

I go for Stead.....

Comments

• Stead is a lightweight and misses too many chances.

Ideal for us!
  • Roy Keane

" Not naming any names but some players wont play for me again"

Jon Stead is one of them then
  • Curbs nearly signed Stead when he left Blackburn, I think it was nearly a done deal but Sunderland came in and he decided to stay up north
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Roy Keane

" Not naming any names but Jon Stead wont play for me again"
    ;)
  • Stead has a good touch and movement but a bit lightweight imho. Decent at div 1 level I should imagine.
  • no contest, Stead for me. I've always liked him, good touch and can hold the ball up well, not a bad finisher, not prolific but would be great in League 1.
  • Stead all day
  • It would take about four kandols to make up one stead
  • Reckon Stead will be on too much money for us. Wonder what fee they will expect?
  • Stead is ac classic example of a footballer who had abright start to his career and is now going backwards - steer clear imo.

Not a great fan of Kandol tbh, but I'd say better the devil you know if we have to get one of them in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stead would be the better of the two.

Hope we get a move on do something soon the window closes in less than a week
  • Stead a great all round footballer (apart from goals being prolific)
    Kandol quick and young.

Tricky one, really depends who they are playing with, if its Deon I might just go for Kandol
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It would take about four kandols to make up one stead

Sounds like a poker hand:
    "& I'll raise you with a Kinsella......."
  • If they're being considered as someone who'd replace Deon in the same system then I'd guess that Kandol would be more effective. Stead's probably a better player, but it all depends on the system.
  • Do we really want a player who's being kicked out of his last club for poor commitment? Isn't that exactly the kind of signing that got us into this frigging mess?
  • that is roy keane's idea of poor commitment though...
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Do we really want a player who's being kicked out of his last club for poor commitment? Isn't that exactly the kind of signing that got us into this frigging mess?

My thoughts exactly....
  • Stead or Kandol? Simeon Jackson.
  • Would prefer Owen Garvan - also out the door with Stead
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Would prefer Owen Garvan - also out the door with Stead
    Good player, but I was kind of hoping that Parky had gotten over his addiction to signing central midfielders. Which would you drop for him?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Would prefer Owen Garvan - also out the door with Stead
    Good player, but I was kind of hoping that Parky had gotten over his addiction to signing central midfielders. Which would you drop for him?

can play left or centre so is a utility option if suspensions and injuries kick in
  • Kandol for me, much better as either a lone front man or target man with a partner
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Would prefer Owen Garvan - also out the door with Stead

Garvan can play on the left. Bailey is anonymous out there o Garvan could fit in there. Garvan will probbaly go to anther championship club anyway. Don't think Stead is good enough for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Bailey is anonymous out there

WTF???!!!???

I really do wonder what game people are watching sometimes.
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite][cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Bailey is anonymous out there

eh !?!?!?!?!.....I guess his goal every 2 games passes you by !!!
  • Bailey anonymous????? Just about covering Youga's rabbit holed fence walkabouts. I do wonder whether people watch football or read the NOW goal supplement. Garvan has a bit of class about him a la Ambrose, but when we beat Ipswich the last few years he was absolutely anonymous. Fine when your team's on top at home absolute shite when you have to work for wins, great just another shite Pardew player. Not only that but he's positively pedestrian.
  • How can anyone anonymously have a 1 in 2 goal record is beyond me!
  • I'm glad that Bailey is 'anonymous there'.

He's certainly anonymous to opposing defenders - when he comes ghosting in unmarked to score every other game.

If Bailey wore a number 9 shirt, was the lucky recipient of Sam's precision crossing, scored 1 goal in 2 (20 goals a season a la Darren Bent), no one would say he was anonymous, he'd be everone's hero and Player of the Year.

Oh, I forgot .......(!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Bailey is anonymous out there

WTF???!!!???

I really do wonder what game people are watching sometimes.

What I mean is he is better in the middle as doesn't get involved as much as he could out on the left and he drifts into the middle too much. I did not say he should be dropped as he is probably our best midfielder.
  • Stead blew us out to join another team. I don't want the useless lump.

So therefore he can't hold a candle to Kandol.