Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's in work today?...

Comments

• Options
    Not me #redundant!
  • Options
    Went point to point racing instead in Northaw what a cracking days entertainment that is difficult to bet on but a good day out
  • Options

Went point to point racing instead in Northaw what a cracking days entertainment that is difficult to bet on but a good day out

Bit of overtime for crowd control?
  • Options
    Sniffer dog section replacing lost bugle from weekend 8)
  • Options
    On the train into London going in for a 12 hour night shift.
  • Options
    fuck it's dull....giving it till 3 and then doing one off home for more turkey and leftovers
  • Options

fuck it's dull....giving it till 3 and then doing one off home for more turkey and leftovers

Same here. Been on since 5 this morning.
  • Options
    Joys of being a Coach Driver. Left Milton Keynes at 0945, Been sat at Alexandra Palace since 11. Waiting for the return trip of boozed up punters at 6. I don’t even get to watch the darts. All overtime though I guess.
  • Options
    Just delighted this morning when the alarm went off at 04:40, bus to Belfast, and then the delights of working in Belfast from 07:30. Heading home in about an hour, I hope....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Me it should be a public holiday, pointless being here barely any calls and i have no motivation for work so doing anything but...

working until 6 today and tomorrow :( goes so quick, i booked 1 day off but worked out i have been off since last Thursday and still doesn't feel like i have been off it has flown by!
  • Options
    Yep , and yesterday and tomorrow
  • Options
    I'm in, working till five unless one of the bosses decides they want to shoot off.

working tomorrow and Monday as well.
  • Options
    Supposed to be in tomorrow and WFH Monday morning.

Seriously thinking about giving tomorrow a swerve and working at home, I counted 8 people round our side of the office which has c85 desks.
  • Options
    Back tomorrow and miserable as hell about it. Gym and pub on the agenda
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Did you run out of holiday allocation or work just refused leave? I can't see the point of going in for 1 day.
  • Options

I don't know what the matter is with you work shy youngsters, no wonder this country is going to the dogs 😉.
  • Options
    In today tomorrow and NYE.

No leave left and too many people off so wouldn’t have got it off anyway as I had last year off x
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Did you run out of holiday allocation or work just refused leave? I can't see the point of going in for 1 day.
    Best time of the year to get in and clear the decks without constant interruptions so you can hit the ground running in the new year. Hardly any traffic on the roads, no school runs, seats available on buses and trains, what's not to like 😉.
  • Options
    Volunteer signalman on Swanage Railway for the Lass & I today and tomorrow, better than working
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My leave is April - March. Work on an operational support team so leave has to be scheduled in advance / rota etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Look on the Brightside @AFKABartram going back to work in between Christmas and New Year makes going back on 2nd January a lot easier to handle because you'll have already got it over with. All those back for the first time in January after such a long break will be more down than you will be tomorrow. Am I helping?:wink: .
  • Options
    yep, off today and went on the piss with an old mate. off tomorrow to sleep in and do as few DIY jobs as I can get away with
  • Options

I’m “working” from home today, tomorrow and Monday.

It’s very taxing. I’ve just watched about 8 episodes of Storage Wars.

Do you have any vacancies?
  • Options
    Up and ready for action again.
  • Options
    I only have one day off during the new year holiday, January 1 - it should be three days. It's the same for all of the people working in the office of our sub-branch and there are about a hundred of us.

Any Lifer working in a bank? Do you have to work on the last day (and night) of the year no matter what day it is? I get that as bank employees we have to stay till late night on December 31 but 30?! Eight days without a break.... What's most ridiculous about it is that on December 30 and 31 there will be no corporate business as it is closed. What will we do in the office?! Chat from 8.30am to 5.30pm?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Best time of the year to get in and clear the decks without constant interruptions so you can hit the ground running in the new year. Hardly any traffic on the roads, no school runs, seats available on buses and trains, what's not to like 😉.
    As my kids grew up I always used to volunteer to work on these days.

I told the guys at work I did it for them, sacrificed myself for the good of them and their families. I'd then have a trouble free drive into the city, buy a paper, find a cafe, do me crossword and (generally) relax. I also reckoned that the periods when the pressure was really on was the time that I should take my leave. After all with age comes wisdom and I was more than happy to leave the glory to the glory hunters. :wink: