Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• No doubt 767 will be in the team on Saturday. Our 20 goal a season striker signed on the loan deadline.
  • No doubt 767 will be in the team on Saturday. Our 20 goal a season striker signed on the loan deadline.

You saw him in the directors box as well then. Good player, always rated him.

The question is:

Was he sitting on a cushion?

The question is:

No idea but Wiki say 6' 1"

The question is:

No idea but Wiki say 6' 1"

You must have changed the page, because when I checked he was 5'9".
  • Congrats to Yohan Thuram-Ulien who will shortly become the 767th Addick.

He is the 8th debutant this term and makes up a quartet of French players in the squad with Yann, Ceddy and Dorien.

Possibly the first time we have had four players from the same non-British Isles country in the squad since the South African invasion of the 50s and early 60s
  • edited January 2014
    Astrit Ajdarević became the 768th first teamer when he came on at the Riverside today. Welcome.

He is the first Swedish player since Matt Svensson and the fourth Swede to play for the club unless there is someone other than Martin Pringle and Hans Jeppson that I have forgotton.
  • I don't know about anymore Swedes who have played for us - but we've had a fair few Turnips

He is the 8th debutant this term and makes up a quartet of French players in the squad with Yann, Ceddy and Dorien.

Possibly the first time we have had four players from the same non-British Isles country in the squad since the South African invasion of the 50s and early 60s

I thought Evina was from Cameroon?
  • Astrit Ajdarević became the 768th first teamer when he came on at the Riverside today. Welcome.

He is the first Swedish player since Matt Svensson and the fourth Swede to play for the club unless there is someone other than Martin Pringle and Hans Jeppson that I have forgotton.

Is he the second player with an accent (in his name) to play for Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

I thought Evina was from Cameroon?
    Was born in Cameroon but eligible to play for France and England as well
  • Addick 769 is Diego Poyet

Possibly our first player to have a dad who is managing in the top division.

Gavin's Peacock's dad was a manager but can't think of any others.

Andy Gray. His dad, Frank, managed in the lower divisions.
  • If only Nigel Clough had played for us.

His dad, Brian, managed in the top division.

• Good one my Lord Romford.

I keep thinking Mike Walker and Mickey Stewart
  • Astrit Ajdarević became the 768th first teamer when he came on at the Riverside today. Welcome.

Jesper Blomqvist ?

• edited January 2014
    Benny Fenton's brother Ted managed West Ham in the first division. He also managed Southend and Colchester.
  • Richard J said:

Astrit Ajdarević became the 768th first teamer when he came on at the Riverside today. Welcome.

Jesper Blomqvist ?

Good spot. Had wiped him from my memory.
    Stig said:

Benny Fenton's brother Ted managed West Ham in the first division. He also managed Southend and Colchester.

Another good spot

Andy Gray. His dad, Frank, managed in the lower divisions.
    & his uncle Eddie managed Leeds in the top flight
  • Harry Lennon number 770?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, congrats to Harry Lennon, Addick 770 and yet another youth product getting a chance.

Has 45 mins to become the 6th debutant to score in his first game.

We await endless Beatles puns from lazy headlline writers.
  • edited January 2014
  • Welcome to another pair of new Addicks who won their "caps" at Wigan today.

Reza Ghoochannejhad is the 771st Addick and the second Iranian

Loic Nego is Addick 772.

• Piotr Parzyszek became Addick 773 v Birmingham
  • edited February 2014
    Marcus Tudgay became the 774th player to represent Charlton at first team level when he came on as sub and helped to team to a win over QPR on 22/2/14

He may well be only the second player to share a forename with Marcus Garvey.

Morgan Fox got as close as the bench today but his time will come.
  • edited February 2014
    Congratulations to Morgan Fox who makes his debut v Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup tonight.

He is the 15th new player this season and Addick 775.

He is another academy product to make his bow this season alongside Joe Piggott, Jordan Cousins and Diego Poyet.

• Reza Ghoochannejhad becomes the 60th International Addick this afternoon (5 March 2014).
  • And he scores on his first international as an Addick.
  • edited March 2014
    So as the loan window ends we have:

Used 35 players so far this season.

34 in the league and one more in the cup only. (Hollands)

Azeez and Pope are the only first teamers to not play at all although Pope was an unused sub 13 times. Michael Smith was unused this season before being sold. Osborne and Koc have squad numbers but have not been called upon

Parzszek has had the shortest time on the pitch with just 5 mins plus time added v Birmingham

Morrison has made the most starts (35)

Chris Solly started only 6 league games : - )

Davide Petrucci will become the 16th new addick this season and the 776th overall if/when he plays.

Of those 15 debuts so far five were from the Academy, Pigott, Cousins, Poyet, Lennon and Fox

Five of the debuts were loans (Sordell, Stewart, Thuram, AA, Tudgay) Davide will make it six. Obika is also on loan but had already made his debut last season.

The other five were contracted players (Church, Wood, Alnwick, Reza and Nego)

Smith, Stephens, Yann and Alnwick have left the club
  • Foxy came on at Forest, didn't he?