Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clutching At Straws?

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
"They need to look at how much money teams like Huddersfield Town, Colchester United and Millwall have spent compared to us. We've pieced our team together with loan players and free transfers and they're going very well and fighting for that second spot.”

I know some posters have already flagged this up I just want to confirm it, seeing as some disbelieved or seem to think Morison cost Millwall 350k. There was even talk about Morison's excessive wages? Coming from Stevenage? Don't fall for it. Parkinson is talking absolute boll*cks.

The Millwall squad cost the following...
Forde - Free
Sullivan - Free
Dunne - Youth
Smith - Free
Frampton - Free
Craig - Free
Barron - Free
Robinson - Youth
Ward - Loan
Abdou - Free
Fuesini - Youth
Trotter - Loan
Laird - Free
Bolder - Free
Schofield - Free
Hackett - 20k
Harris - Free
Morison - 130k
Alexander - Free
Price - Free
Batt - Loan

Pretty sure Colchester have only signed frees and loans this year as well.

Comments

• £140k is still far more than anything we could spend, but I know what you mean.

Darren Ward signed for Millwall permanently, I think we'd have gone for him if we could afford his wages. Any idea how much he's on at Millwall? Will surely be more than Llera and probably Sodje, maybe even Dailly.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Prophet[/cite
    There was even talk about Morison's excessive wages? Coming from Stevenage?

That was me on the Millwall Leeds thread last night. Irony really is lost on here sometimes isn't it?!! ;-)
  • Rodders - I know you were being sarcastic, your "we're still 4th!" Gave it away.

There were wage comments elsewhere I'm sure of it.
  • We are still 4th and as someone else pointed out yesterday having our best season for 10 years....on paper!
  • Ward is currently on loan, but likely to sign at the end of the season. He is taking a pay cut to join Millwall by all accounts.

Dailly would be on more I'm certain. Millwall don't pay big wages, they never have. That is why Whitbread left.
  • The Prophet has spoken! Shame that he's stolen buckshee's post though!
  • edited March 2010
    Merely confirming the facts, as even after a poster tried to earlier, he was questioned. Plus I've taken the whole squad into consideration, and confirmed Hackett's cost, who was signed years ago by the way. Only 130k this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Prophet[/cite]Ward is currently on loan, but likely to sign at the end of the season. He is taking a pay cut to join Millwall by all accounts.
    Was confirmed here it was permanent. I guess his contract at Wolves is up in the summer anyway, so whether it's a loan or free transfer it probably doesn't matter.