Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Panini World Cup Sticker Album

Is anyone collecting these? Few of my mates decided to do one this year so going down the local to buy my book and couple of packs at lunch!

Swaps anyone? ;)

Comments

• Options
    LOL if it was 1995 (which was the last year i collected Football stickers) maybe but no mate not this time.
  • Options
    The only Panini sticker album I ever completed was the Mexico 86 album, my Dad even filled in all the results & scorers for me, it's my bible!!
  • Options
    Mexico 86 was quality... finished mine with socrates....
  • Options
    I'll always remember this, I ended up with about 50 doubles of Kim Soo Yung from South Korea & Pat Jennings was elusive as hell, great day when I finally got him!
  • Options
    started the Match Attacks for the World Cup before we realised their was a sticker album, now have both - doh!
  • Options
    Lol, I will pass on this one, cant some how see me queing for a packet of stickers at my age.
  • Options
    Yes ive got the sticker book. I dont know why i bought it, but i do now have a few swaps.
  • Options
    How much are the stickers now, used to be about 20p I think!
  • Options
    I always love it when panini proverbially 'shoot their load' in advance of the world cup and you end up with a smattering of players who didnt make their respective squads.

I can just image in many years time looking at an old album and going, "Eh I dont remember Gareth Barry being in the 2010 world cup winning squad"
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]I always love it when panini proverbially 'shoot their load' in advance of the world cup and you end up with a smattering of players who didnt make their respective squads.

I can just image in many years time looking at an old album and going, "Eh I dont remember Gareth Barry being in the 2010 world cup winning squad"[/quote]

or, 'how on earth did emile heskey get there?'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    used to have bubble gum, don't think they do anymore?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The stickers are now 50p a packet which is very expensive compared to when i was at school collecting the premier league stickers (1995/96) at 25p per packet
  • Options
    I'm not collecting them but my parents came home with 6 odd packetts Morrisons gave them for free for each £20 you spend you got a free packett or something like that? But yeah there not even opened.
  • Options
    Current bids on ebay for completed Mexico 86 album is £37.50
  • Options
    I couldn't part with my Mexico 86 album, how sad am I getting protective over a sticker album!!
  • Options
    Ive got the Esso collection of coins and the coin holder of the England team from the 1970 world cup, anyone got a clue what its worth?
  • Options
    50p a pack now!
  • Options
    im collecting! 50p a packs a joke tho! have a few sapre algerians!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Got the book free the other day and gleefully started sticking the freebies in with my three year old boy.Missuss thought i was mad.Was half thinking about shooting down the shop and getting a fivers worth
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Mexico 86 was quality... finished mine with socrates....
    Mexico 86.Swapped Maradona with my mate for about 30 i was missing.Needed Preben Elkjiare to finish the bloody thing.A little darling in my class had nicked it from her older brothers ' stash' and only prepared to give it up if i went for a snog with her behind the bikeshed.Bloody win win that day!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    Mexico 86.Swapped Maradona with my mate for about 30 i was missing.Needed Preben Elkjiare to finish the bloody thing.A little darling in my class had nicked it from her older brothers ' stash' and only prepared to give it up if i went for a snog with her behind the bikeshed.Bloody win win that day!

mate that's brilliant. next you'll be telling me she cooked you dinner before and dropped you home after too. Definite wife material from the sounds of it.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    first ones i did was euro 80, i remember taking piles of stickers into school for swaps..you always had to send off for the one you wanted at the end. just got 2 WC sticker albums the other day for the kids which were free from the co-op but the stickers are 50p a pack. so far fernando torres keeps popping up and seems to be a highly replicated sticker, has anyone else had lots of fernandos

also remember the sticker album before spain 82, we went on holiday to italy just before the tournament and my mum and dad had purchased an entire box of stickers so that my brother and I had several packs per day to open, that was brilliant..
  • Options
    got got got got NEED got got NEED got
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]got got got got NEED got got NEED got

Is that Mancini during the summer ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]got got got got NEED got got NEED got[/quote]

Is that Mancini during the summer ?[/quote]

Haha! Superb
  • Options
    I've been doing a bit of collecting and found a website selling the stickers

http://www.panini-stickers.co.uk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reillymary56[/cite]I've been doing a bit of collecting and found a website selling the stickers

http://www.panini-stickers.co.uk

Go figure...
  • Options

Need badly!
  • Options
    I once swapped 30 foil badges for Billy McNeill when he was at Man Shitty. I needed that c*** for three months and almost wept with joy when I found some kid with a double of him - second pack he ever bought.
  • Options

Love it.

My son is collecting the Match Attax cards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]

Love it.

I am collecting the Match Attax cards.

;-)