Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham signings

Nigel Quasie
Boa Morte
Lucas Neil
Callum Davenport

PLUS

Dean Ashton coming back

Gotta face facts here, they gonna have a much better team that us and have much more chance of staying up.

Negative Post :(

Comments

• Options
    Tom - you are spot on and that's why if we go down, which we have to admit looks increasingly likely, we definitely want them to stay in the Prem because we do NOT want to be competing with them for players in the CCC.
    I have said this a couple of times on here and some people have got the ump about it for reasons which I simply cannot comprehend.
  • Options
    of course they do, they've got a lot more money as well
  • Options
    well let's hope curbishley messes it right up and super al gets us right!
  • Options
    lucas neil 60,000 a week? is that good value for money? i suppose it is if it keeps them up.
  • Options
    there is only one player i dislike more than lucas neil,and he joined us!
  • Options
    I read on one of those 'dodgy rumours' websites that Rommadahl may be off to West Ham. Wouldn't surprise me. He's out of contract in the summer and Curbs is sort of an admirer.
  • Options
    not a chance, i would be very suprised if Curbs was an admirer, in fact i would expect the opposite.
  • Options
    Lucas Neil turning down £35k per week at Liverpool in favor of £50k per week at a desperate West Ham, who will never be more than mid-table, tells you everything you need to know about modern footballers.
  • Options
    Blimey another ex Millwall going to Wet Sham. Did they not exponge Sheringham from their records after he signed for West Ham, looks like Lucas Neill will suffer the same fate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]not a chance, i would be very suprised if Curbs was an admirer, in fact i would expect the opposite.

I would imagine that the feeling is mutual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm suprised at the lack of money the club have to be honest. Ok I know Dowie spent £12 million but then we have been a mid table club for the last five years, we got a big sale in Scott Parker which would have just added to the £10 million we normally have as transfer budget. Our wage bill (even though increased) is still very very low for a premiership club. I don't see why the club don't have another 5-6 million ESPECIALLY as they know how much this season is worth to stay up.

The way the board think almost sounds as though we should be a CC club. They were more interested in making a 40,000 capacity instead of replacing Scott Parker and Danny Murphy type players.

I remember Richard Murray saying few seasons back "if you look at our transfer spending and wages we should be 2nd bottom of the premiership every year" Well there is a reason that we are 2nd bottom now Richard!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I'm suprised at the lack of money the club have to be honest.

Where do you sit Tom ? I sit in the north and pay about £320 a year, compared to say the £750 at White Hart Lane.

We can't have it both ways...
  • Options
    Tom - the simple reasons we are not flushed with cash are two-fold: 1) We do not have a billionaire benefactor, 2) Murray and the board absolutely refused to sanction taking on the kind of debt that Bolton (£60 million) and plenty of others have done as well, Leeds and Newcastle being the most obvious.
    This Icelandic guy is basically pumping his own cash into West Ham and Murray is not in that financial league.
    We have already spent more than we can afford and the KEY statistic is that players wages now chew up 70% of our operating revenues - that is a scary figure and has gone up around 15-20% over the last couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Also do not forget we are taking some huge hit's this season. Compensation to Dowie, Compensation to Reed, Loss of £1m on Traore the first of many losses on palyers we are gonna make over the next six months.
  • Options
    And all of this underwritten by the future sale-ability of Darren Bent or increased Premiership TV money next season.

So, to be honest, it's not like we are using money we can't get back, unless Bent gets permenantly injured.

Not saying it's right- just trying to put into perspective
  • Options
    doesn't the west ham chairman want them challenging for champions league within two years ?

i can't see them doing that with davenport and quasie. Looks like they are going to have two buying strategies. Do enough to stay up this year, then be able to attract the bigger names.

Either way, they are going to wind up with one of the worst wage bills per income in the Premiership.
  • Options
    curbs will take em down man, i tell ya!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]doesn't the west ham chairman want them challenging for champions league within two years ? .

Don't all new Chairmen say ths sort of stuff when they take over? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]doesn't the west ham chairman want them challenging for champions league within two years ?

i can't see them doing that with davenport and quasie. Looks like they are going to have two buying strategies. Do enough to stay up this year, then be able to attract the bigger names.

Either way, they are going to wind up with one of the worst wage bills per income in the Premiership.

I can't see Curbishley ever being a success at west ham under the current chairman.

The chairman is looking for champions league football and as AFKA points out, they won't get that with the players they are signing at the moment however the signings he has made are the sort of players that Curbishley can work with.

I think that when it comes to getting players that can take west ham to "the next level" he will have no more joy than he did when he tried it with us.
  • Options
    but they are paying 60k a week - any player would choose that.

Lucas Neill has chosen it over goingto Liverpool and Champs League football. Says it all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder, if West Ham did go down whether Curbs would ge pushed or whether the egg head fella would look at his track record at getting promoted?

Was out for a beer with a Hammer yesterday and he was pretty scathing about Curbs tactics, non picking of Tevez etc.

Would Pardew have really done worse?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]but they are paying 60k a week - any player would choose that.

Lucas Neill has chosen it over goingto Liverpool and Champs League football. Says it all

Not only that but Lucas Neill is poo. Along with Quashie & Davenport. Boa Morte is the only one I'd take but even he is a bit hit & miss. With the amount of money they have avaliable you would have thought they'd be able to get in a bit more quality. Shows n-one fancies their chances in a relegation dog fight.

We've got no chance of signing anyone. Still staying up though ;)
  • Options
    if West Ham were to get relegated then of course Curbs would be sacked and rightly so with the transfer fees and wages he is being allowed to spend.

I cannot believe the wages they are allegedly paying out.

Fingers crossed we can still get in a couple of good players very soon.

Smertin hasn't signed for anyone yet - perhaps we can tempt him if he comes to us as captain with big bonus for staying up and letting him leave in the summer whatever so long as we get the original fee back, more or less.