Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grandma's House

edited August 2010 in Not Sports Related
Is this pure genius or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    just you?
  • Options
    I'm a fan, really well written
  • Options
    What's it about...?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I like Simon Amstell a lot but not really sure what to make of it. I like it but it's not as funny as I thought it might be. There are some individually very funny moments. Amstell's performance is interesting because he plays it very dead pan but it's difficult to tell if that is just to cover his lack of acting skills. It seems quiet awkward at times. It's pretty good though and I'll keep watching
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]I like Simon Amstell a lot but not really sure what to make of it. I like it but it's not as funny as I thought it might be. There are some individually very funny moments. Amstell's performance is interesting because he plays it very dead pan but it's difficult to tell if that is just to cover his lack of acting skills. It seems quiet awkward at times. It's pretty good though and I'll keep watching

Pretty much summed up what i was about to right
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Although it's not meant as "laugh out loud" last nights episode was side splittlingly funny. The casting is near perfect too. If you have any knowledge of "not quite abiding by the rules" Jewish families, you'll really appreciate this little gem.
  • Options
    I thought last nights episode was terrible, I couldnt stand that stupid little schoolboy that had to shout 'pussy' every 5 minutes. However people have said to me last nights one was a bit naff and that others are better.
  • Options
    ???????????? wtf is grandmas house
  • Options
    I want to hate it. I really want to... but I can't. It has it's slack moments but there are moments of pure genius in it and I suspect that if I stick with it the thing wll get better and better. That said I suspect it won't last more than a couple of series unless they build a few more likeable characters. As it stands I can relate to the characters but wouldnt want to be related to them.

I actually thought last nights was the better of the three episodes in terms of structure if not in terms of laughs.
  • Options
    Watched 15 minutes of the first one and just couldnt stop thiking that i wanted to smash Simon Amstell's head against a brick wall. I turned it off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wuote like Simon Amstell. Unfortunately, it's shit.
  • Options
    Well, I think it probably will get better if you give it time. The laugh out loud moment for me was when it was revealed that his mum's boyfriend sells cardboard boxes... What's funny in that, I hear you ask? Well one of my friends does that for a living and tbh he's a bit of an ar$e! I keep thinking that I should mention the show to him...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]???????????? wtf is grandmas house

It's where my dear old Nan used to live in Kidbrooke
  • Options
    The only programme I've ever watched 5 minutes of and then turned off. Truly cringeworthy and remarkably unfunny.
  • Options
    Not the worst attempt iv'e seen, worth a watch.
  • Options
    I love it, it really reminds me of The Office for the feeling I get watching it.
  • Options
    Kak
  • Options
    Seems to be a Marmite show.
  • Options
    If you want to see some great comedy on the box at the moment try "Pete V's Life" on CH4 or "vexed" on the Beeb. Both much funnier in my opinion.
  • Options
    I enjoy it, you get the feeling that it's building up to something hilarious. The awkwardness is very similar to the office.

Simon on Gamesmaster in 1993.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grandma's House in the General Charlton category (Admin really have gone to sleep of late) :-)
  • Options
    seen it the once but is quite good, would watch again but dont think its brilliant prefer my family and stuff like that
  • Options
    i dont know about Grandma's House. It's alright, but somthing isn't quite there... like theyre trying a bit too hard to make it "Gervais". plus the kid isnt funny at all.

But yeahh, it's not too bad and certainly better than most of the rubbish the BBC comes up with in the way of sitcoms.

Pete vs Life - excellent stuff though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Grandma's House in the General Charlton category (Admin really have gone to sleep of late) :-)[/quote]

I selected not sports related...hang on, it still says not sports related.

What are you smoking Ketman?
  • Options
    Very funny.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bobbing along[/cite]i dont know about Grandma's House. It's alright, but somthing isn't quite there... like theyre trying a bit too hard to make it "Gervais". plus the kid isnt funny at all.

But yeahh, it's not too bad and certainly better than most of the rubbish the BBC comes up with in the way of sitcoms.

Pete vs Life - excellent stuff though.[/quote]

agree with that, love pete vs life at mo and if in will watch
  • Options
    uhmm, nearly as funny as that French/Molina crap in that it's not very funny at all.