Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky Urges Fans To Make The Valley Intimidating?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
i would enjoy the atmosphere but wouldn't the millwall fans laugh at out attempt of doing this?
i can understand him for saying this but would it ever work at charlton, i can see it backfiring and just making the club look stupid.
we already get called trainspotters.

Comments

• Options
    There's making the Valley intimidating, and then you have the scummy Millwall way.

Will never happen though, too many families and pc bods.
  • Options
    any danger he can make it interesting?
  • Options
    Sparrows Lane, where are you when we need you?
  • Options
    i really do enjoy the atmosphere that wall do create, and i enjoy getting involved the odd occasion i do go to the den, but honestly who thinks that us starting to chant charrrrrrrr will work, it just wouldn't in my opinion, i remember doing it against Spurs in the final home game on our relegation year it wasnt the best noise in the world.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]i would enjoy the atmosphere but wouldn't the millwall fans laugh at out attempt of doing this?
    i can understand him for saying this but would it ever work at charlton, i can see it backfiring and just making the club look stupid.
    What would backfire and make us look stupid?
  • Options
    Well the players could mostly help with this by trying to hustle a bit more. Who knows the crowd might just wake up a little too! As for Phil P standing static on the touchline with his ams folded!

I would also get rid of the very un-intimidating Red, Red Robin song too. You can almost hear the away end guffawing with glee. I cringe every time it comes on!

The players may as well mince out (in Pink) to the theme tune from "It Ain't Arf Hot Mum". By the way, Robbie's half way there already!

Meet the gang ’cause the boys are here — The boys to entertain you.
    With music and laughter to help you on your way — To raising the rafters with a hey-hey-hey!
    With songs and sketches and jokes old and new — With us about you won’t feel blue!

So meet the gang ’cause the boys are here — The boys to entertain you!
    B – O, B – O – Y – S, boys to entertain you!
  • Options
    tell you what Parky, get your team playing exciting, entertaining football and you might get more backing from the fans. Ever thought of that as a concept instead of crap performances and expecting the crowd to be happy and respond positively. Sometimes you really are a knob.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]i would enjoy the atmosphere but wouldn't the millwall fans laugh at out attempt of doing this?
    just trying to put on the "hard" image, you can't really be known as a family club and yet create an intimidating away fixture for the opposition, if we are going to do that then the club would have to be less family orrientated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]tell you what Parky, get your team playing exciting, entertaining football and you might get more backing from the fans. Ever thought of that as a concept instead of crap performances and expecting the crowd to be happy and respond positively. Sometimes you really are a knob.
    Sometimes you really are a knob.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Well the players could mostly help with this by trying to hustle a bit more. Who knows the crowd might just wake up a little too! As for Phil P standing static on the touchline with his ams folded!

I would also get rid of the very un-intimidating Red, Red Robin song too. You can almost hear the away end guffawing with glee. I cringe every time it comes on!

The players may as well mince out (in Pink) to the theme tune from "It Ain't Arf Hot Mum". By the way, Robbie's half way there already!

With music and laughter to help you on your way — To raising the rafters with a hey-hey-hey!
    With songs and sketches and jokes old and new — With us about you won’t feel blue!

I'm worried that you actually know the words.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leave Red Red Robin alone you! At least it's not the theme tune to some long gone 1960s TV show (Everton)!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]tell you what Parky, get your team playing exciting, entertaining football and you might get more backing from the fans. Ever thought of that as a concept instead of crap performances and expecting the crowd to be happy and respond positively. Sometimes you really are a knob.

goes without saying !!
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]tell you what Parky, get your team playing exciting, entertaining football and you might get more backing from the fans. Ever thought of that as a concept instead of crap performances and expecting the crowd to be happy and respond positively. Sometimes you really are a knob.

i make large right tho.
  • Options
    Would much prefer the teams to come out to 'Into the Valley' myself
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]
    just trying to put on the "hard" image, you can't really be known as a family club and yet create an intimidating away fixture for the opposition, if we are going to do that then the club would have to be less family orrientated.
    He's not asking people to be "hard" or "like Millwall" though. He's just trying to get fans up for it. We obviously have been crap at home and is just trying to show how tight the league is and how a win could put us right up there.

Think people are taking it completely out of context!

Was last week not entertaining and exciting enough for you?
  • Options
    every club have their silly opening song to be fair, look at millwall clapping along to "let em come" i find that amusing.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I find it amazing that people need everything to be going tip top before they create any atmosphere. Surely it just comes from a love of your club and the fact your a SUPPORTer.

We also need a singing section. I don't mean one the furthest away from the away fans. I mean right on top of them in the east stand.
  • Options
    really WSS? I think he needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Well the players could mostly help with this by trying to hustle a bit more. Who knows the crowd might just wake up a little too! As for Phil P standing static on the touchline with his ams folded!

I'm worried that you actually know the words.

'Cut and paste' old bean!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]really WSS? I think he needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
    Maybe he does, but so do fans. Parkinson is here for the season, the players we have got are here for the season. Neither of them are great but one thing we can't accuse them of this year is not putting the effort in or sticking with it until the very end of games - the least we can do is show some support.

I agree the crowd need to be entertained to get "up-for-it" but I think it works both ways. If those who were criticial were as equally as supportive when we done something good it would make the atmosphere 100% better at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g

Obviously we will never get it like that..But lets take what they do. When the bloke comes on the pitch, we could easily change that to Charlton and Cafc..

Ole ole ole ole oleee C A F C
  • Options
    Large, you are spot on mate
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g
    Obviously we will never get it like that..But lets take what they do. When the bloke comes on the pitch, we could easily change that to Charlton and Cafc..

Ole ole ole ole oleee C A F C
    i've viewed a couple of these kinds of videos before, the turks really seem to make a great atmosphere, but there is no way we would be able to replicate that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I find it amazing that people need everything to be going tip top before they create any atmosphere. Surely it just comes from a love of your club and the fact your a SUPPORTer.

We also need a singing section. I don't mean one the furthest away from the away fans. I mean right on top of them in the east stand.

yes but you need something to get you going. Sometimes recently it's been about as entertaining as watching paint dry. Sometimes it's a crunching tackle, sometimes an effort at goal, sometimes a contentious decision but something has to be happening. It's a two-way street.

As for a singing section in the East - easy to do. Just get a load of you to buy your season tickets in Block A of the East Stand. Sorted.
  • Options
    cafc cafc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Large, you are spot on mate
    You're getting old Tel, I bet you chanted non-stop when you followed the team over land and sea back in the day when we were crap!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXomnqTpOc

Parky really thinks our fans in the east and the west stand would do the same as this? it would never happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I find it amazing that people need everything to be going tip top before they create any atmosphere. Surely it just comes from a love of your club and the fact your a SUPPORTer.

yes but you need something to get you going. Sometimes recently it's been about as entertaining as watching paint dry. Sometimes it's a crunching tackle, sometimes an effort at goal, sometimes a contentious decision but something has to be happening. It's a two-way street.

As for a singing section in the East - easy to do. Just get a load of you to buy your season tickets in Block A of the East Stand. Sorted.

I respect your opinion, but i feel we support our club in very different ways. Just waking up on a Saturday to go to watch Charlton is enough to get me in the mood for a sing song with a few pints down me aswell. This could be coming of a 3 game losing streak or a 3 game winning streak, i couldn't care less. Im more into singing for Charlton as a name, and the fans that will always be there. Players and managers will come and go, but we are in it for the long run..Might aswell just enjoy what we have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXomnqTpOc

Parky really thinks our fans in the east and the west stand would do the same as this? it would never happen.

Might spill a flask or two with that amount of movement haha!
  • Options
    The Valley is very intimidating.
    For Parky.
    Particularly when the home side is losing 0-4.