Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Australians out there?

Will be going to Sydney on a holiday soon.

1. What to do?

2. Any Charlton supporters meet up anywhere?

Comments

• Options
    I'm in OZ, but in Perth. There's a website 'Addicksdownunder'.......I'm sure there are some Sydneyites on it...give that a go
  • Options
    Taranga zoo, miling around circular quay is quality, jump on a ferry to manly good day out. Bondi aint great but u have to go to say youve been, if long enough try and get out to the mountains. Darling harbour good for a nite out, tour the scg, harbour bridge walk is a must if fit enough. Great art museums to by the bridge.
  • Options
    I have been living in Sydney for over four years now,  Still miss going down the Valley although probably been a good time to be away!!. Wife, mortgage and child now so looks like I am going nowhere for a while.  Lots to do while over hear.  Everything Adam said is worth doing.  Whilst in Manly make sure you go to Ribs and Rumps.  You will get the biggest steaks and the best ribs anywhere.  Go to the Rocks for a night out.  The only place you will find good old pubs with History.  Watsons Bay by ferry is good and then do the coastal walk down to Bondi.  Bridge climb is great and I even have vertigo.  Go to the SCG to watch an Aussie Rules game.  You can take your beer into your seat so worth doing.  Very strange sport too many goals but something different.  Enjoy your time and put some warm clothes in your bag if you are here for the winter.
  • Options
    You lot should be working for the Aussie Tourist Board, made me feel like hopping on a plane.
  • Options

xmas day on bondi beach..

• Options
    Which one is You ?
  • Options
    http://addicksdownunder.freeforums.org/

The above is a link to Charlton supporters in Oz.    I'm in Wollongong, about 50 miles south of Sydney.   There are a few of us in or near Sydney, and if you go to any other parts of Australia there are Charlton supporters somewhere.   Get in touch, the forum is easy to follow. and I'm sure some of us can meet you for a beer etc.
  • Options
    addick2000, my mum lived in wollongong for 18 years!! her parents (irish) moved there in the 50's we still have family in the area, are the wollongong wolves still playing football? my aunt sent me a shirt once as i sent my cousin a few of my old charlton shirts. small world.
  • Options
    go to The Oaks in North Sydney and buy your own steak and cook it on their bbqs. Best Pub Ever. 
  • Options
    Adam, the Wollongong Wolves still play, albeit reborn in a lower league.   After winning the Australian comp twice they ran out of money and support.    Football (soccer here) is very tribal and ethnic and the national league is trying to change that with limited success.    The national standard is probably around Div 3 standard in England, there are a few outstanding players who get snapped up overseas because of the money they can earn.   I support Dapto in the local league, the standard there is probably a bit higher than that of Dulwich Hamlet, my earliest team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bungalow 8 a great little bar/resturant in Darling Harbour a short walk from the aquarium. Book yourself a Whale watching trip and not forgetting the Bridge walk. There's a great little cafe on Circular Quays, a lovely breakfast while the  ferries bring the Aussies to work.
  • Options
    Addicks2000.........Ex Woolongong Wolves hero Stuart Young is a mate of mine over here in Perth. He went on to play for Perth Glory and coach in our State League, where I am coaching Youth Development at the same Club he was at.........
  • Options
    Nordic - if you are only going to Sydney then all/any of the above. I think a trip to the Blue Mountains is a must, go by train it's easy. Sydney is a great city, so much to do, even a walk round the Botanical Gardens is enjoyable. Ferry to Manly a must do. Eating out everywhere is very good. Hope you have fun !!
  • Options
    I live in Melbourne so Sydney sucks!!!! 

Only joking, loads to do in Sydney , cant really add a lot to the above, find a local is always the best advice... 
  • Options
    Man_About_Town, Stuart Young was a very good player, had all the skills except pace.    Very articulate off the field and was (I think) Development Officer for the Wolves, certainly in a position where he gave radio and TV interviews on behalf of the club.    Wish him well for me when you see him.    Perth also snared another great Wolves player in Matt Horsley
  • Options
    Watson's Bay - Doyles fish and chips - recommended by lots of people on here
    The pies in a small town on the way to the Blue Mountains is also worth a visit - better pies than Delia. 

• Options
    I get all nostalgic reading posts like these.  specially when TCE said about the ferry commuters.  That was me for a year, i loved every minute of it.  Deep sigh.
  • Options
    Harry's Cafe de Wheels is a must for the best pies in the world with mushy peas as well.    Open day and night near the middle of town
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Oops sorry, I,ve lost the ability to post a picture!

• Options
    edited May 2011