Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sven-Goran Eriksson

Just read he has been sacked by Leicester City! Hands off Powell!

Comments

• Options
    Saw that a mile off. 
  • Options
    Man that guys clever aint he  --- he must be truely  minted at being consistantly shit.
  • Options
    Only five points off  second place and automatic promotion.

How may points were Charlton off from top two when Parky was sacked?

• Options
    We were fifth and three points off automatic promotion. Just hoping that they will not try to tempt Powell.
  • Options
    If Powell left us for that job then he'd lose all credibility amongst our fanbase.

I don't think they will/he would.
  • Options
    Powell is already in his dream,job no chance of him going there.

Billy Davies or O'Neil
  • Options
    Powells already got his chance to build up his own 'thing' here at charlton, moving wouldnt benefit him at all right now
  • Options
    Mark Hughes  (just so long as they don't require a reference from his last employer!)
  • Options
    They'll be looking for proven/big name. O'Neill would seem a likely candidate or P'raps Curbs?
  • Options
    Oneil is a good shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee Clarke?.....
  • Options
    Don't think Curbs would go  since it is not Premiership and he is still holding out for one of those jobs. Personally think that the Leicester owners are barmy since they weren't that far away from promotion. However, Millwall's reputation must have spread to South east asia and being tonked bythem must have hurt the owners credibility.

Probably find that  O'Neill might be interested in going back or that Hughes would take the job if offered.
  • Options
    It baffles me how sven goran eriksson keeps getting these jobs!!  He has been sacked from virtually every 1 & always walks away with a huge payout.  An average manager with a great agent in my opinion!!
  • Options
    Best England manager in 20 years, although not difficult.

Curbs needs to man up, he's not going to get a Prem job. That being said, I think he's happy with his cushy little Sky number.
  • Options
    Best England manager in 20 years,
    Unfortunately that is probably true!!!!!!!
  • Options
      Robson and Venables pissed all over Sven, there is no way he was the best England manager for 20 years........what did he do exactly?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
      Robson and Venables pissed all over Sven, there is no way he was the best England manager for 20 years........what did he do exactly?
    Robson - Italia 90
    Venables - Euro 96

We are now in 2011

Ok so probably the best manager in the last 15 years!!, having said that, if you take away his religious beliefs, I think Hoddle did ok
  • Options
    Venables and Hoddle well above Ericsson imo.

It's a good job on offer this one. Got financial backing and should be in the prem in next two seasons. Someone is going to fall on their feet here.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2011
    I meant post-Robson. He was better than Venables if you take the 'emotion' of Euro 96 out of it. Personally I liked Hoddle, even if he his beliefs are questionable to say the least.

Think the results/stats/records would prove it as well, although I'm willing to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    Okay but at least Venables gave us some emotion...........did Sven ever do that? Or Mclaren? Just my opinion but I thought he was a big mistake and the job was too big for him!

He gave us nothing and all we did in return was help make him rich!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Venables and Hoddle well above Ericsson imo.

It's a good job on offer this one. Got financial backing and should be in the prem in next two seasons. Someone is going to fall on their feet here.

Well, that's all true but you also have to take into account that the owner is a trigger-happy lunatic who does not give managers enough time to get the team sorted out properly.

SGE's bank manager must be a happy man today. Again.

• Options
    edited October 2011
     the owner is a trigger-happy lunatic who does not give managers enough time to get the team sorted out properly.

The owner may be that. But SGE has had more than a year to sort it out. I'm not arguing with your  basic premise - but when a chairman splashes the cash, I can understand why said owner expects swift results and will not be fobbed-off by managers telling them that it's a 2/3 year project...

That said , Leicester are currently only 5 pts of automatic!
  • Options
     the owner is a trigger-happy lunatic who does not give managers enough time to get the team sorted out properly.

The owner may be that. But SGE has had more than a year to sort it out. I'm not arguing with your  basic premise - but when a chairman splashes the cash, I can understand why said owner expects swift results and will not be fobbed-off by managers telling them that it's a 2/3 year project...

That said , Leicester are currently only 5 pts of automatic!

More than a year! What luxury!
  • Options
    Got a feeling he'll end up at Blackburn.
  • Options
    Best England manager in 20 years, although not difficult.

Curbs needs to man up, he's not going to get a Prem job. That being said, I think he's happy with his cushy little Sky number.
    Curbs won't be looking for another manager's job now.As well as Sky he is a regular on PLTV (Premier League TV) AND Al Jazeira Sports. I see him 2 or 3 times every week on various football programmes out here. He must be earning shed loads from all that. Why would he bother with all the aggravation that comes with managing again?
  • Options

Unless they already have O'Neil lined up it's a panic move.

If O'Neil doesnt want itn be a good one for Curbs

• Options
    O'neil to Leicster and Sven to Blackburn are my shouts.
  • Options
    O'neil to Leicster and Sven to Blackburn are my shouts.
    this
  • Options
    According to my Leicester supporting mate, the Thai owners are after a big name...I predict the new manager will be Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
  • Options
    According to my Leicester supporting mate, the Thai owners are after a big name...I predict the new manager will be Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
    You wouldn't want to get his name on the back of your shirt at £1 a letter!!