Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jordan Cook - SIGNED on a free (2012) now at Hartlepool

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
@RichCawleySLP: Exclusive: #cafc strike deal for former Sunderland attacker Jordan Cook

Comments

• hmm, strange one, when i saw the headline on the SLP thought it was Lee Cook. Striker 5'9.
  • Must admit no idea about him... what's his style and how tall is he?
  • He's a ginger, Nicky Baileys love child?
  • From the look of his Wiki entry, more one for the development squad. Hardly prolific. Should this be filed under 'underwhelmed'? Also not tall enough.
  • edited July 2012
    Strange one... but a free transfer for a youngster with no compo attached so why not?
  • playmaker, wide midfielder or striker?
  • edited July 2012
    5 goals to his name

5 ft 9 in
  • Went on loan to carlisle. Scored 4 in 6
  • Having previously been part of the Sunderland reserves and youth team, joined League Two side Darlington on loan in August 2009.[2] Cook made his debut for Darlington on 18 August against Crewe Alexandra but was substituted after 58 minutes.[3] His loan spell with Darlington was cut short after sustaining cruciate knee ligament damage.[4] Cook made his Sunderland debut on Boxing Day 2010 after coming on as an 82nd minute substitute in a 2–0 defeat by Manchester United.[5] He made his home debut in the 4-2 home loss to Chelsea F.C on February 1, 2011.

Cook joined Carlisle United on 16 January 2012 on a one month loan deal.[6]

On 19 May 2012 it was announced that he was amongst nine players released by Sunderland.[7]

Scored 4 in 14 on loan at Carlisle last season, which is promising
  • Sponsored links:

• A second young NE striker. He's 5ft 9 according to Wikipedia...
  • Would he have played in Sunderland's youth team with Waghorn and Henderson? They were a decent side if I remember rightly
  • edited July 2012
    Well at least we're getting some deals done, probably development but it gives us something a bit more positive to talk about!
  • Not who we were expecting to be the first signing but with everything that has been going on I'm just happy we have got someone in
  • certainly one to judge when we have seen him play a few games.

Always feel with these youngish strikers its good to get them into the squad early before the friendlies start.
  • Thought he was superb for Carlisle when we played them up their. Seemed to have an arrogance and swagger about him that breathed confidence. Think this is a good signing Epesh now we can have 7 subs
  • edited July 2012
    Have i missed something? where does it say Championship will allow 7 subs next season because it was only 5 last season?
  • edited July 2012
    Evidently a player that impressed SCP when playing for opponents.
  • edited July 2012
    Have i missed something? where does it say Championship will allow 7 subs next season because it was only 5 last season?
    Old news mate. It was announced about a month ago.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7790264/Seven-subs-for-FL

:-)

• Sponsored links:

• Evidently a player that impressed SCP when playing for opponents.
    Sounds Like Curbs a little bit more every day.
  • Sunderland fan who works for me says "that he is a young lad, spent most of his time in the reserves, doesn't know that much about him." Maybe a player we are taking a punt on, see what he is like, he isn't going to cost us anything, wages i would be low, if he comes off great but if not then we have lost his wages in which is no great shakes, pretty much like a Bradley Pritchard deal, he has worked out well.
  • I was impressed with him when he played for Carlisle.With Jeffrey Schlupp,Wilson,Cook and Darrel Russel joining i would guess that is it for us,signing wise.Unless we bring in Large's 1 Million pound striker.Smily face thing.
  • Spoke to a mate. Apparently he has potential, but probably not good enough for the Prem right now.
  • Good signing and free
  • I was impressed with him when he played for Carlisle.With Jeffrey Schlupp,Wilson,Cook and Darrel Russel joining i would guess that is it for us,signing wise.Unless we bring in Large's 1 Million pound striker.Smily face thing.
    You forgot to say, "You heard it here first!"

;o)

You forgot to say, "You heard it here first!"

;o)

Plus no FACT at the end so pure made up lies
  • Happy if this is true - Good signing, Young player with potential , Is he ready for Championship football? We'll see, my friend who is a season ticket holder at Carlisle, was very impressed with him when he was on loan, and to be fair Carlisle wernt the worse team in the division last year
  • edited July 2012
    great signing! remember him two seasons ago away at walsall (2-0 loss?)... he was the best player on the pitch at left wing