Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Silly Things People Say!

Comments

• edited November 2013

My current gf ... can hold her own which rather takes away the "looking after" bit...

Is she called Lola? ;-)
  • edited November 2013
    Sorry Maybe Baby, I buggered up your post by clicking on edit rather than quote. You might want to post again. Apologies.

Everyone else: I'm to blame for the Lola cheapshot, not MB.
  • edited November 2013

My current gf ... can hold her own which rather takes away the "looking after" bit...

Is she called Lola? ;-)
    Stig said:

Sorry Maybe Baby, I buggered up your post by clicking on edit rather than quote. You might want to post again. Apologies.

Everyone else: I'm to blame for the Lola cheapshot, not MB.

stay away from my dog you dirty bstds 8)

Essex Al it is hard to get an Essex girl to leave Essex but that's outweighed by the fact its the only hard thing to get them to do 8)
  • Well Stig, this is going to take some getting over. I'll be requiring an extra portion of tenderness from your good self over the coming weeks...and don't try to smooth it over with clever photo shop stuff, I'm much too wise to be won over by that cheap trick.
  • Nice one @Stig

Just another 2,500 of his comments to delete and then we'll be getting somewhere...
  • Nice one @Stig

Just another 2,500 of his comments to delete and then we'll be getting somewhere...

Oi watch it :-)

• Said to the missus earlier, glad I didn't go tonight and read out the team with mostly trialists in it.

''How come half the team have the same name''

You couldn't make it up!
  • Is that chloroform i can smell on that hankerchief?
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

The Mrs just text me to ask if it was good luck if a "black bird shits on you"

So many answers.

Is that the punchline of the "You fart in my Whitbread?" joke?
  • Yes if it's Halle Berry.

But not if it's Rusty Lee.
  • This can be attributed to any conversation with my wife when she asks my opinion on something;

her 'what dress shall I wear, the blue or the red?', me 'red', her 'I'll wear the blue' .

Drives me mad!

She obviously knows you have no taste in fashion.
  • a friend of mine popped round today during the televised fiasco .. 'who's playing' .. 'Charlton' .. 'oh' .. she looked bemused .. 'are they any good ?' .. what can one say to that ? ((:>)
  • Watching David Attenborough on the One Show last night talking about Planet Earth II

Mrs : "Oh, the next one is about street animals"

Me : "Pardon?"

Mrs : "The next one is about street animals, or was it urban animals?"

Me : "I don't know what you are talking about, sorry, trying my absolute hardest here, but I'm lost"

Welsh treacle on the tele : "So, David, the next episode is about city animals, what can we expect to see?"

Me : "I think you may be getting your animals mixed up with your dance genres luv, go to bed"

• Sponsored links:

• When are you going to get off your fat arse and do some cleaning?
  • BIG_ROB said:

Sitting there at the bar having a diet coke the the missus when she came out with this little bobby dazzler

"That tree looks like camouflage"

Then, realising her mistake, tried to style it out with

"Is the word camouflage French?"

Should have popped out and asked the neighbours.
  • Writer and/or singer can be foreign. I was commissioned to write the Belarus entry in 2005.

Where did it come ?

the then Prime Minister replaced the song and singer at the last moment and entered his own girlfriend

You couldn't make it up.
  • My mum during the winter of discontent and a planned night with no power, coach goes past the window all lit up, she says kerry the power back on go and turn the lights on.

not original - I think Ken Dodd or some other old comedian came out with that one tears ago.
  • My mum during the winter of discontent and a planned night with no power, coach goes past the window all lit up, she says kerry the power back on go and turn the lights on.

not original - I think Ken Dodd or some other old comedian came out with that one tears ago.
    He might well have done, but if he experienced it then the only explanation was he was sitting in our front room with us, as this actually happened, it was around winter 78/79, But to add a little to the story I actually got up to go over and try. I imagine it happened a lot during that terrible winter.
  • The ex had a couple, whilst at a quiz night. Q (along the lines of)-Which Mongal leader forged the largest ancient empire? Ex- oooh I know this one, Jabba the Hut!

The other was 'I do'