Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    Feel sorry for Oztumer, came to be a pro quite late through the non league system so never earnt relatively big bucks playing for a bigger teams academy and now hasn’t been paid for 20 weeks. 
  • Options
    Should he leave Bolton he is in a worse position re his unpaid wages than he is currently so I can't blame him digging his heals in, no doubt his agent is trying to do a deal whereby his new club, should it be us,  cough up some dosh to cover his wage loss, if there are several clubs wanting him he has a position to negotiate.  It might though all go belly up for him and he is left stranded, although if his contract is up the transfer window does not come into play as he is a free agent.   If we do land him I hope its bloody worth it and he can add value to the team.
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    josh magennis use to be a goalkeeper and it shows, hard-worker and physical, but awful striker, man has 61 career goals, and his nearly 29
    He certainly isn’t a naturally gifted goal scorer which is a great pity, because he has every other redeeming feature to be one, work rate, positional sense and bravery.......everything except the all important “golden touch.”
    He’s also well known as being a throughly decent individual.
    I am going to be brutally honest here and say that I saw him miss more chances than he scored.
  • Options
    Should he leave Bolton he is in a worse position re his unpaid wages than he is currently so I can't blame him digging his heals in, no doubt his agent is trying to do a deal whereby his new club, should it be us,  cough up some dosh to cover his wage loss, if there are several clubs wanting him he has a position to negotiate.  It might though all go belly up for him and he is left stranded, although if his contract is up the transfer window does not come into play as he is a free agent.   If we do land him I hope its bloody worth it and he can add value to the team.
    I have a feeling that only applies to players who did not have a contract with another club at the end of the window. He would therefore be unavailable until Jan.
  • Options
    You would assume that he is probably owe around £100,000, if not more. That’s a hell of a lot of money to just write off, I don’t think anyone on here would do that. It’s still a lot of money for a professional footballer, especially one who has as stated above came into the game late and has only really played in the lower divisions.

Until he gets his money that he is owed, whether that’s from the PFA helping them and getting their money back, or from the club itself, I can’t see him joining us until it’s all resolved. 
  • Options
    Or we could look at it as a transfer fee paid to the player, hand him over £100k and here he comes. 
  • Options
    This seemingly never ending Oztumer saga has become a real bore!
  • Options
    I don't understand why he'd lose the money by leaving, Surely a debt is a debt.

Anyone understand how this works
  • Options
    I wonder if he ceases to be a 'football' creditor and is therefore at the back of the very long queue and unlikely to see his cash?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    5 months wages would be a lot of money. You would assume he and others have been advised they have more chance getting them by staying put for the moment. Beyond that is anybody's guess.
    Anyone owed wages or salary beyond the normal pay date has had their contract broken by their employer.
    We're all free to go and get alternative employment as and whenever we choose.
    Any reticence here to let Oztumer sign up elsewhere is solely with EFL and Bolton.
    Under the game's regulations, Bolton "owns EO's registration" running roughshod over any legal form or sense, he can be prevented from playing for Charlton or anybody else, regardless of the simple legality of his employment, Bolton has to agree to any transfers and do paperwork, until they do that EO's options are limited indeed.  As for unpaid wages, employees are preferred creditors in the event the employer is wound up, indeed any employee owed a relatively small amount can apply to the courts to wind up that company.  You don't have to wait at the duff employer to remain entitled to your earnings.
    Football's rulemakers aren't about to make an example of Bolton and sanction the aggrieved players' departures despite Bolton's undisputed malfeasance.
    If/when EFL sanctions the next clown/chancer/crook/owner's takeover, then there'll be a flurry of arrivals and departures commensurate with their new budget and management whim.  Hopefully there'll be some good value to be had among the discards, even with LB having at least one arm tied behind his back when enticing players to SE7.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Feel sorry for Oztumer, came to be a pro quite late through the non league system so never earnt relatively big bucks playing for a bigger teams academy and now hasn’t been paid for 20 weeks. 
    Yes I feel sorry for him. But I do question anyone signing for Bolton over the last few seasons, unless they had no options.
    They are and have been a financial basket case for some time.
    I had a feeling Wilson, Dervite and Magennis may end up regretting signing for them. 
  • Options
    According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhun_Oztumer, he has a further year left on his contract, so I suspect Bolton want a fee.
  • Options
    According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhun_Oztumer, he has a further year left on his contract, so I suspect Bolton want a fee.
    What, as well as not paying his wages?

Bit of a double whammy, that...
  • Options
    Has he signed yet?
  • Options
    I suspect LB has already moved on to other targets.
  • Options
    This has he.....hasn’t he.........will he......won’t he, is beginning to rival Darren Purse proportions.
  • Options
    This has he.....hasn’t he.........will he......won’t he, is beginning to rival Darren Purse proportions.

Or the takeover thread? Seriously, are that many of us worried about the possible signing of a Division 1 journeyman footballer? Now I'm not suggesting he's not a decent guy and may well fit in with LB and JJ's plans re the type of player they are seeking, but he's not Lionel Messi FFS and I'm guessing there are dozens of similar players of his ilk seeking employment.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Or the takeover thread? Seriously, are that many of us worried about the possible signing of a Division 1 journeyman footballer? Now I'm not suggesting he's not a decent guy and may well fit in with LB and JJ's plans re the type of player they are seeking, but he's not Lionel Messi FFS and I'm guessing there are dozens of similar players of his ilk seeking employment.
    He is - The Turkish Messi ☺️
  • Options
    I heard a rumour
    Erhun Otzumer
    He came from Greenwich
    But didn't stay
    He left Bolton
    To play for Charlton
    Please don't take our Erhun away
    Nah nah nah nah nah
  • Options
    razil said:
    I wonder if he ceases to be a 'football' creditor and is therefore at the back of the very long queue and unlikely to see his cash?
    Can the rest of you read this post by @razil please. It seems pretty clear that this is what’s happening.

(To further clarify, ”Football creditors” are those that are pretty much guaranteed 100% of what’s owed to them. At present, he’s a football creditor, so although late, he’s guaranteed the whole amount.
    If he decides to walk away, he’ll simply become a “creditor” and risks only receiving a small percentage of what is owed. By continuing to honour his side of the contract he remains legally entitled to his full salary.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Also, I expect this is why Oztumer and Magennis have got the PFA involved. Presumably, they’re trying to ensure their wages are paid in full even if they move clubs - ie I think they want the PFA lawyers to argue that after moving clubs, they should still remain as “Football creditors” rather than just “Creditors”.

Hopefully the PFA will get this confirmed sharpish, then both players can tell Bolton to stick it, Oztumer can come to us and Magennis can go to someone in league 1 or Scotland.
  • Options

Oztumer and Magennis both said to have played in a behind closed doors game today.
    Thought he signed yesterday?
    We have loaned him back.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Tbh watching him play for dulwich hamlet, he is very similar to messi in a lot of ways, very low centre of gravity and remarkably good ball control and had the ability to make defenders at that level look like toddlers struggling to walk. There are still question marks over him at this level, but he could either be absolutely brilliant for us or awful. Definitely a luxury player.
  • Options
    I heard a rumour
    Erhun Otzumer
    He came from Greenwich
    But didn't stay
    He left Bolton
    To play for Charlton
    Please don't take our Erhun away
    Nah nah nah nah nah
    Magennis had a wish
    To get away from bolton
    Moved down south
    Bought a house
    Now he plays for Charlton
    (again, possibly)
  • Options
    We can't afford 'luxury' players this season.
  • Options

I don't want to start a ludicrous rumour
    But I think we'll sign Erhun Oztumer
    And when we do I expect to find him laughing

(Thanks Depeche Mode)

• Options
    Apparently Bolton players can walk this week if not paid. According to Alan Nixon Sun 

Bolton are due a Premier League payment on August 1. About 375k. That goes into the pot. Do they get paid to play this weekend? Would they play? They won’t get back pay until there’s a takeover. But if NOT paid those who put in notice can walk at end of week.

• Options
    Moo said:
    Apparently Bolton players can walk this week if not paid. According to Alan Nixon Sun 

Bolton are due a Premier League payment on August 1. About 375k. That goes into the pot. Do they get paid to play this weekend? Would they play? They won’t get back pay until there’s a takeover. But if NOT paid those who put in notice can walk at end of week.

Surely the administrators will ensure that contracted players are paid something as a priority to ensure they cannot just walk away.