Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    Explains why Callum Harriott wasn't given a contract too.

We do seem overstocked in central midfielders now. Really hard to see Field getting much game time, especially with Kayal to come in
    I did wonder if Erhun winning his appeal yesterday was why we didnt sign Harriott

Also imagine that Sam Field will come into the Midfield for Darren Pratley at times, allows us to give him a rest from time to time now too
    We have Kayal as well who surely will be ahead of Field
  • Options
    Only saw him the once, in the match against us where he dominated the midfield and scored with a header. Looked like a pocket sized version of the already mini Messi. 
    Offers something different. Good news. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Happy days, as long as Taylor stays fit I think we can have a good season.
  • Options
    I'd try and get Forster Caskey a loan move to a league one club now to get him fully fit and up to pace.
    Agree, I really rate JFC but he didn't impress v Forest Green and that's not just the penalty miss.

Having not played for ages he needs games.

Quite right Henry and I hope he will then return to the player we knew.
    My gut feeling though is he is now a busted flush.
  • Options
    I reckon we will see a fair bit more of the 433 4231 we saw t the start against stoke. 

Leko, JW, Oz, and Gallagher will all do well in that system.
  • Options
    Explains why Callum Harriott wasn't given a contract too.

We do seem overstocked in central midfielders now. Really hard to see Field getting much game time, especially with Kayal to come in
    I did wonder if Erhun winning his appeal yesterday was why we didnt sign Harriott

Also imagine that Sam Field will come into the Midfield for Darren Pratley at times, allows us to give him a rest from time to time now too
    We have Kayal as well who surely will be ahead of Field
    All I know is I'm getting a headache trying to fit them all in and loving it
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Being 4ft 11 myself, I know how he feels. He likes about my size !!. I remember him playing for Wallsall against us and wishing we had him. Pacey little player. Am I right in thinking we had him as a youngster when he first came over here? 
  • Options
    I'd try and get Forster Caskey a loan move to a league one club now to get him fully fit and up to pace.
    Agree, I really rate JFC but he didn't impress v Forest Green and that's not just the penalty miss.

Having not played for ages he needs games.

Quite right Henry and I hope he will then return to the player we knew.
    My gut feeling though is he is now a busted flush.
    Sadly I think you may be right. His injury is a real tough one to come back from and reach former levels of performance as Billy Clarke and others have found out 😒.
  • Options
    Very competitive team now, get that magic 50 points and then push on. Team looks far more like a championship 11 now rather than preparing for relegation like is seemed at one point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading this, I dont think Bolton fans liked him very much

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/90041-oztumer/

Strange comment on page 3 from TrickyTrotter

Signed a 2 year deal at Charlton.  Another club picking over our dead carcass who should know better,
    He'd already bloody left them! Willy Wonkers 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Surprised that the FA have said that if a player asks for a free transfer before the window shuts it is all OK. Surely there’s more to it than that.
    Shhhhh...........they might have made a balls up and haven’t realised it Robbo.
  • Options
    Don't understand this. We've got so many CMs already. Some of them will have to cover other positions when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come, but who?
  • Options
    Don't understand this. We've got so many CMs already. Some of them will have to cover other positions when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come, but who?
    Maybe some could do a job at RB or LB.

Given we play a diamond midfield we need them
  • Options
    You saw the forest Green game and wonder why we are still improving the squad ? 
  • Options
    We’ll play a diamond or 3 CMs (in whatever system) regularly and some of them such as Williams will be used out wide if needed, like last weekend.

We don’t know who will be left out right now, that’s down to the players to earn and keep a place in the side.
  • Options
    At last we have our target man.
    The last Greenwich born player is doing fine in Lyle Taylor.

Welcome home Erhun Oztumer.

You can visit the park as much as you like now.
  • Options
    Awwww... Look how diddy he is...

Since when was Lee 6ft ?
  • Options
    I reckon we will see a fair bit more of the 433 4231 we saw t the start against stoke. 

Leko, JW, Oz, and Gallagher will all do well in that system.
    Three or four at the back, Lethal Lyle up front, everyone else runs around the pitch between the two lines.

Oh Karel ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Good signing but maybe we could sign some defenders?
    We need a Right-Back but thats it in Defence
    We have no right or left back cover from what I can see? Page won't be playing.

Sarr and Oshilaja are all we've got.
    I imagine we'll either find someone who covers both Right and Left Full Back positions (Like what RedChaser suggests)

Or if both Purrington / Page are injured then we'll switch to three at the back and play slightly differently
    This and if Hemed doesn't get to play we need someone else up top because on Tuesdays showing and his own admission Bonne is not ready. Five full backs is definitely a luxury we can do without.
    We have two fit full backs at present - not sure why you're going on about five? Page can't be relied on. We only have Sarr and Oshilaja as back up and they are primarily centre backs.

Bonne had next to no service against Forest Green so it's ludicrous to judge him on that. He would have won the game for us if JFC hadn't insisted on taking and missing the penalty.

We will struggle in the Championship if LB doesn't make defence more of a priority. I'm not convinced three at the back is a viable option with the players we have.
  • Options
    Awwww... Look how diddy he is...

Since when was Lee 6ft ?
    Good job the photo wasn't with BeckenSarr the Enforcer.

Ozzy would either have to be standing on the roof of a car or the photgrapher standing two miles back in order to get them both in the frame.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    You saw the forest Green game and wonder why we are still improving the squad ? 
    I am convinced that the poor display against FGR was an aberration of sorts.
    Yes, it was the second string but I bet if we put that side out again today they would show a marked improvement.
    Not saying it was acceptable in any shape or form, everyone involved will realise that.......but I’m certain the side put out are capable of much more than that, they just had a collective stinker, which sometimes happens for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Reading this, I dont think Bolton fans liked him very much

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/90041-oztumer/

Strange comment on page 3 from TrickyTrotter

Signed a 2 year deal at Charlton.  Another club picking over our dead carcass who should know better,
    He'd already bloody left them! Willy Wonkers 
    Seem like a nice bunch of chaps, I am sure they would be motivated to do their job in the knowledge that they were not going to get paid at the end of the month. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Being 4ft 11 myself, I know how he feels. He likes about my size !!. I remember him playing for Wallsall against us and wishing we had him. Pacey little player. Am I right in thinking we had him as a youngster when he first came over here? 
    He’s from Greenwich! 

But yeah he was in our youth system from the age of 8 to 16 when he got released. 
  • Options
    Good bit of business that, we have our own mini Messi
  • Options
    State of the size of our squad over the past 2 seasons and people are now worrying we have too many players.

Morgan and possibly Lapslie and JFC can go out on loan.
  • Options
    Our midfield is looking very tasty right now. Let’s hope Taylor doesn’t leave us during the Jan transfer window though. That would be a real kick in the bollocks.
  • Options
    Have we done the Turkish Delight joke yet ?