Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    Have we done the Turkish Delight joke yet ?
    Tasty.
  • Options
    signed as a central defender ? .. good little player, BUT it does complicate our, or rather Bowyer's, midfield selections. Presumably two or three of our younger players, Morgan, Lapslie, Wiredu, will be loaned out.
    Bowyer is pleased to have him and he's not made many mistakes so far. That'll do for me.

Welcome Erhun and may you have a long and successful career with the mighty Addicks 
  • Options
    Awwww... Look how diddy he is...

Would love to see a picture of him standing next to Aneke 
  • Options
    signed as a central defender ? .. good little player, BUT it does complicate our, or rather Bowyer's, midfield selections. Presumably two or three of our younger players, Morgan, Lapslie, Wiredu, will be loaned out.
    Bowyer is pleased to have him and he's not made many mistakes so far. That'll do for me.

Welcome Erhun and may you have a long and successful career with the mighty Addicks 
    Should do well with the high balls into the box ...

;)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Good signing but maybe we could sign some defenders?
    We need a Right-Back but thats it in Defence
    We have no right or left back cover from what I can see? Page won't be playing.

Sarr and Oshilaja are all we've got.
    I imagine we'll either find someone who covers both Right and Left Full Back positions (Like what RedChaser suggests)

Or if both Purrington / Page are injured then we'll switch to three at the back and play slightly differently
    This and if Hemed doesn't get to play we need someone else up top because on Tuesdays showing and his own admission Bonne is not ready. Five full backs is definitely a luxury we can do without.
    We have two fit full backs at present - not sure why you're going on about five? Page can't be relied on. We only have Sarr and Oshilaja as back up and they are primarily centre backs.

Bonne had next to no service against Forest Green so it's ludicrous to judge him on that. He would have won the game for us if JFC hadn't insisted on taking and missing the penalty.

We will struggle in the Championship if LB doesn't make defence more of a priority. I'm not convinced three at the back is a viable option with the players we have.
    Hang on, Solly, Purrington, Page plus a right and left back you want to sign, equals five in my book. Given the tight budget, just the one will do provided he can play either side.

Sarr has played left back before often away from home and has done an ok job albeit at L1 level, as a temporary measure and Oshilaja is a mobile defender comfortable on the ball who should have no problem playing full back. In fact many congratulated Bowyer on the latter's signing because of his versatility comparing it to a Curbs type signing.

I never judge any player on one performance. The service may have been poor to Bonne the other night but surely you could see his movement, pace and touch was lacking (4.8 in the statbank), those are the basics you expect from a striker especially if he is going to cut it at this level. He needs time to adapt. That is why Hemed is crucial to get over the line failing which I'd rather we signed another forward than an extra full back. Each to his own though.
  • Options
    That’s weird.

I drove past Greenwich Park yesterday and, well that’s it really.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Being 4ft 11 myself, I know how he feels. He likes about my size !!. I remember him playing for Wallsall against us and wishing we had him. Pacey little player. Am I right in thinking we had him as a youngster when he first came over here? 
    He towers above you son 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Being 4ft 11 myself, I know how he feels. He likes about my size !!. I remember him playing for Wallsall against us and wishing we had him. Pacey little player. Am I right in thinking we had him as a youngster when he first came over here? 
    He towers above you son 
    Everybody does mate!
  • Options
    Reading the Bolton petty's army, maybe we should turn their nasty comments into a positive.  How about a song to the tune of the Nimoy's Bilbo Baggins song?  Ehrun, Ehrun, The greatest little midfielder of them all?

https://youtu.be/LR-MSZSLC5w
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't understand this. We've got so many CMs already. Some of them will have to cover other positions when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come, but who?
    OMG, don’t say our revered owner now has aspirations of us being Chelsea! From the ridiculous to the sublime …
  • Options
    He’s been talked about as a potential signing on here for years. I’m delighted to get him - fingers crossed he produces the magic he’s known for. 
  • Options
    Awwww... Look how diddy he is...

Would love to see a picture of him standing next to Aneke 
    Or Naby
  • Options
    Good player.
    Good luck Erhan.
  • Options
    Funny you should say that Grumps...
  • Options
    Size isn't everything I'm told , a very good player . Welcome Erhan .
  • Options
    Size isn't everything I'm told , a very good player . Welcome Erhan .
    I love it when people get my name wrong on first greeting, really makes me feel welcome. :wink:
  • Options
    He still towers over AFKA so I'm led to believe.
  • Options

Should do well with the high balls into the box ...

;)
    Actually scored a header against us a couple of years ago and generally run us ragged. 
  • Options

Welcome, Lofty!!

An excellent signing - a real footballer, and one of our own.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Seems happy he joined us , dam if only I could do a gif
  • Options
    clive said:
    Not until After Eight.
    What a BOOST!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    clive said:
    Not until After Eight.
    What a BOOST!
    You need a Time out for that one.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rudders22 said:
    He’s from Greenwich! 

But yeah he was in our youth system from the age of 8 to 16 when he got released. 
    Released him as not tall enough. Scored against us with a header for Walsall in January 2018