Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Davo55 said:
    Swisdom said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqqSQuY9OZY

Enjoy

If he can recapture that sort of form then I am getting a lazy lob at our hopes for the season
    Wow. Even for a "best of" newsreel, that shows us he has incredible skill and vision. Great acquisition.
    Agreed, that’s impressive 
  • Watching that YouTube clip, it's amazing how much power he produces with a very small backlift.
    It would be a small backlift - he's got little legs.
  • Turkish people stereotypically have big families. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had at least 30 close relatives.
    Would imagine his family are quite small!
  • He really does look like the angry elf from Celebrity Juice. Great signing though.
  • Awwww... Look how diddy he is...

Wait till he stands next to Nabby. 
  • Great signing.
  • edited August 2019
    Just messaged a mate who a massive Peterborough Utd fan and I asked what he was like with them .
    He said he’s an absolute “Baller” and would have him back like a shot .. 

I think thats good ?
  • Not even important enough for a sticky. Poor Erhun
  • So pleased with this. 

• The boy has clearly got skills, and Bowyer does set his teams up in a way that allows skillful players to express themselves. That would seem to be a good fit.

He has a point to prove too having been released as a kid. Something Powell and, particularly, Curbs always looked for in a player (as have Bowyer and Gallen).

All those highlights clips are in League 1 though. Potentailly lots of contributing factors to this (Bolton struggling, wrong style of football etc.) but the fact remains he hasn't really done it in the Championship yet.

As other have stated though, we have lots of depth in midfield now so we can afford to gamble a little, especially on  a free transfer like this.

Looking forward to the game where we have Williams, Oztumer, Chuks, Leko, and Taylor all on the pitch at once.

Welcome Erhun, hope you knock 'em sideways!
  • Sponsored links:

• The boy has clearly got skills, and Bowyer does set his teams up in a way that allows skillful players to express themselves. That would seem to be a good fit.

He has a point to prove too having been released as a kid. Something Powell and, particularly, Curbs always looked for in a player (as have Bowyer and Gallen).

All those highlights clips are in League 1 though. Potentailly lots of contributing factors to this (Bolton struggling, wrong style of football etc.) but the fact remains he hasn't really done it in the Championship yet.

As other have stated though, we have lots of depth in midfield now so we can afford to gamble a little, especially on  a free transfer like this.

Looking forward to the game where we have Williams, Oztumer, Chuks, Leko, and Taylor all on the pitch at once.

Welcome Erhun, hope you knock 'em sideways!
    A few forward passes would be good too.

• Another in the squad that can take a penalty and goalscoring free kicks.

• Just messaged a mate who a massive Peterborough Utd fan and I asked what he was like with them .
    He said he’s an absolute “Baller” and would have him back like a shot .. 

I think thats good ?
    Always thought it was strange that Peterborough let him go though? Might have been the style, even if Tony Pulis was managing a struggling third division side in Latvia he wouldn't want Oztumer in the side!
  • edited August 2019
    See him play this year @ Eastbourne Town. Was pony! Ridiculously small too, would never make it at a higher level
    Of course he can't. He's only 5' 3", lol. Never a problem for Solly 😀. Welcome aboard again Erhun. 
  • How do you pronounce his first name ..... like Aaron?

• edited August 2019
    Like Errr... Hun... Can you leave that footballer's golden balls alone.
  • Chizz said:
    Oggy Red said:
    How do you pronounce his first name ..... like Aaron?

Erhun
    That's helpful, Chizz. Thank you!  :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Chizz said:
    Oggy Red said:
    How do you pronounce his first name ..... like Aaron?

Erhun
    That's helpful, Chizz. Thank you!  :smile:

You're welcome. 

(You should hear the absolute mess he makes of your name)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Without trying to be too harsh and judging a fan base based on a forum, but Bolton fans don't come across very clued up. 

Player leaves because he isn't being paid and the manager doesn't play him, shock horror. 

Now he's apparently a snake and will be working in a kebab shop according to twitter 
  • We have not had a proper Killer beard for a while,  I am in!
  • Hope this is correct but I feel this is an upgrade on Aribo. Certainly for now.
  • edited August 2019
    I followed Ehrun when he played for Hamlet and whilst that was 4 levels below EFL he showed great class and was a major foundation stone in where Hamlet are today. He is a good dead ball taker and can see a pass. As I recall, he even scored with his head last time he was at the Valley.

He has quite a Turkish following which could fill a few seats.

He left Peterborough and Wallsall after running down his contract both times and refusing offers to renew.

I went on the Bolton message board yesterday and they were quite unreasonable about his leaving and that was before he joined us!
  • shine166 said:
    Don't understand this. We've got so many CMs already. Some of them will have to cover other positions when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come, but who?
    You saw the forest Green game and wonder why we are still improving the squad ? 
    I am convinced that the poor display against FGR was an aberration of sorts.
    Yes, it was the second string but I bet if we put that side out again today they would show a marked improvement.
    Not saying it was acceptable in any shape or form, everyone involved will realise that.......but I’m certain the side put out are capable of much more than that, they just had a collective stinker, which sometimes happens for no apparent reason.
    We could get Messi on loan to partner Lyle up front and we'd still go out to lower opposition in the cups. Fact. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bolton forum:
    http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/90041-oztumer/page/3/

"Did they get blind Ben from us as well as Pratley? We've well and truly paid them back for Dervite"

Blind Ben?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bolton forum:

"Did they get blind Ben from us as well as Pratley? We've well and truly paid them back for Dervite"

Blind Ben?
    They missed the ‘ing at the end of Blind...
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bolton forum:

Blind Ben?
    Amos