Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    MaGennis from Bolton ?
    If I wanted a big lad from Bolton up front it's Peter Kay for me. Has better timing taking centre stage and if we get Oztumer as well they can be Little and Large. 
    They can do a car share from up north.
    Road to Sparrows lane, with Bob hope and no hope.

• Options
    cafc-west said:
    Anyway, Oztumer signing this week according to Vitality Charlton Twitter.
    We'll have to adapt the Solly chant - cos he really is 5ft 3".
    Seen as Bauer’s gone how about “small fuckin Turk, we’ve got a small fuckin Turk!”
    "We've got a small fucking Erhun, a Small fucking Erhun, we've got a small fucking Erhun"
  • Options
    I worry how fit Oxtumer will be, with the shambolic pre season Bolton have had
    Fitter than Ben Reeves was I'll bet. 
  • Options
    i heard a rumour... erhun oztumer... came from turrrkeeyyy...
  • Options
    The “Magennis would be a good squad player” is only an argument if we need squad players, we don’t, we need ones that will likely start. 
    Except that’s not true up front though unless you want to drop Taylor?

Midfield yes we need starters but we also need a striker to cover Taylor and probably another CB who would start as cover for Lockyer. 
    I don’t want to drop Taylor I want a player to start next to him, we play two upfront.
    Yes but Bowyer wants two strikers. So one could play alongside Taylor and the second would indeed be cover.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Magennis was always played as a static one man attack for Charlton whose job was to stand and chat to the two central defenders until a ball was pumped up in the general direction of towards him for him to either race the defenders to try and get or to jump high in the air to somehow miraculously take possess if it. He would inevitably lose possession and the ball would come right back at us as the opposition attacked us yet again. This tactic was often referred to as Plan A and stuck to rigidly on the assumption that even a stopped clock must be right every 12 hours.  Judging him on that tactic is a bit unfair. 
    Judging him on his entire career brings about the same conclusion though.

He's not very good.
    A tad harsh, the hatrick he got against Bristol was proof that he can be a very good goalscorer. 
    It doesn't prove anything of the sort, it just means he had a fantastic day.

And Bristol were the worst team I saw at The Valley all season - truly awful.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Magennis was always played as a static one man attack for Charlton whose job was to stand and chat to the two central defenders until a ball was pumped up in the general direction of towards him for him to either race the defenders to try and get or to jump high in the air to somehow miraculously take possess if it. He would inevitably lose possession and the ball would come right back at us as the opposition attacked us yet again. This tactic was often referred to as Plan A and stuck to rigidly on the assumption that even a stopped clock must be right every 12 hours.  Judging him on that tactic is a bit unfair. 
    Judging him on his entire career brings about the same conclusion though.

He's not very good.
    A tad harsh, the hatrick he got against Bristol was proof that he can be a very good goalscorer. 
    It doesn't prove anything of the sort, it just means he had a fantastic day.

And Bristol were the worst team I saw at The Valley all season - truly awful.
    We werent exactly Brazil that season either, but it just shows that when he got decent service and everything comes together, he will score goals. 

• Options
    If true Bowyer and Gallen really are miracle workers getting players to sign for us under Shitweasel. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love that we're signing players like this. Skilful ball-carriers with pace, bland vision. Almost like we want to fill the Joe Aribo role three times over 
  • Options
    If true Bowyer and Gallen really are miracle workers getting players to sign for us under Shitweasel. 
    Bolton is even worse!
  • Options
    In general I agree, but with Oztumer I don't feel that's the case. He wasn't getting paid, he's a local lad and I doubt many Championship clubs will be after him so it's a good move for him too. 
  • Options
    Robbo special anyone?

Phillips
    Dijksteel, Lockyer, Pearce, Purrington 
    Forster-Caskey, (please god be Cullen)
    Williams, Aneke, Oztumer 
    Taylor
  • Options
    Think Williams wants to play CM
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I thought I'd do a search back in time to CL Novemeber 2016. Swissdom described Magennis as follows: workhorse. Love him, East Stand Loopy, My hero! Never leaves anything on the pitch. Battles, scraps, chases from first whistle to the last. Chases down, and wins, balls that he has no right to get to. 

I don't disagree he has had some terrible games where his heart just didn't look in it. Particularly, his last games for us. But there is a player in there as some of us noticed at the time. Now the question is, if he worked under a good manager like Bowyer, could he be more consistent? It is a valid question, and one which nobody should dismiss as easily as some are doing. 

I doubt we are signing him, but if we did, I would see it as an interesting one! I know if I was a defender, I wouldn't fancy an in form Taylor and Magennis to defend against!
  • Options
    I thought I'd do a search back in time to CL Novemeber 2016. Swissdom described Magennis as follows: workhorse. Love him, East Stand Loopy, My hero! Never leaves anything on the pitch. Battles, scraps, chases from first whistle to the last. Chases down, and wins, balls that he has no right to get to. 

I don't disagree he has had some terrible games where his heart just didn't look in it. Particularly, his last games for us. But there is a player in there as some of us noticed at the time. Now the question is, if he worked under a good manager like Bowyer, could he be more consistent? It is a valid question, and one which nobody should dismiss as easily as some are doing. 

I doubt we are signing him, but if we did, I would see it as an interesting one! I know if I was a defender, I wouldn't fancy an in form Taylor and Magennis to defend against!
    The acquisition of Magennis and Ricky Holmes breathed vital life in to a moribund team; at the start, Magennis was impressive.  Yet, he became increasingly isolated by Robinson's defensive strategy.  He is a bull of a man, and in the end I felt that a lighter, more acute touch might serve him better.

• Options
    josh magennis use to be a goalkeeper and it shows, hard-worker and physical, but awful striker, man has 61 career goals, and his nearly 29
  • Options
    Robbo special anyone?

Phillips
    Williams, Aneke, Oztumer 
    Taylor
    Why would we want 4-2-3-1 again? It was limited and crap last time 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What does an “in form Magennis” look like ? 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Robbo special anyone?

Phillips
    Williams, Aneke, Oztumer 
    Taylor
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I think it was more the manager than the actual formation.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Robbo special anyone?

Phillips
    Williams, Aneke, Oztumer 
    Taylor
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I think it was more the manager than the actual formation.
    More the players we had IMO.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Robbo special anyone?

Phillips
    Williams, Aneke, Oztumer 
    Taylor
    More the players we had IMO.
    The forward and the manager IMO, Fosu, Clarke and Holmes as the trio behind were excellent at times.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Robbo special anyone?

Phillips
    Williams, Aneke, Oztumer 
    Taylor
    Because we have a completely different squad to work with. 
  • Options
    Bowyer likes playing two strikers so I don’t see that happening.

If you play 4-2-3-1 you need the three attacking midfielders to score and create plenty. Williams isn’t a goalscorer and none of those three have genuine pace. Taylor’s also better alongside another striker.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Just trying to catch up with this one - sorry for being behind, is Oztumer a done deal?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Just trying to catch up with this one - sorry for being behind, is Oztumer a done deal?
    It's not on the OS but here you go mate;

BR7_addick 
    Anyway, Oztumer signing this week according to Vitality Charlton Twitter
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    It's not on the OS but here you go mate;

BR7_addick 
    Anyway, Oztumer signing this week according to Vitality Charlton Twitter
    Ah cool - that’s good news!! Cheers
  • Options
    RedHenry also suggested he’s signing this week.