Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    se9addick said:
    Just trying to catch up with this one - sorry for being behind, is Oztumer a done deal?
    To me the answer is no until it's actually announced...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    RH said THIS GUY was signing this week? Huh! Not bad!
  • Options
    Was looking forward to his signing after the play-off final but this smacks a bit of the Ben Reeves signing - will he won't he? Hope we're not equally underwhelmed.
  • Options
    Was looking forward to his signing after the play-off final but this smacks a bit of the Ben Reeves signing - will he won't he? Hope we're not equally underwhelmed.
    For very different reasons
  • Options
    f f s .. this serial has gone on for longer that the Archers .. (an everyday story of countryfolk)
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Robbo special anyone?

Phillips
    Dijksteel, Lockyer, Pearce, Purrington 
    Forster-Caskey, (please god be Cullen)
    Williams, Aneke, Oztumer 
    Taylor
    Why would we want 4-2-3-1 again? It was limited and crap last time 

If our central midfield isn't up to the job next season we won't have much choice. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Oztumer and Magennis both said to have played in a behind closed doors game today.
  • Options
    Can’t believe it’s done for him to us if he’s playing for Bolton still
  • Options

Oztumer and Magennis both said to have played in a behind closed doors game today.
    Thought he signed yesterday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:
    Can’t believe it’s done for him to us if he’s playing for Bolton still
    Heaven forfend, someone made up a story 
  • Options

Thought he signed yesterday?
    He was going to but he has to wait for Andy Delort first as due to LVT's budget cuts Chris Parkes is only allowed one pen.
  • Options
    This journo goes on to say we are interested but the Bolton administrators aren't doing business. He also says the unpaid wages are a complication in him just walking.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I am guessing that with Bolton not paying wages, this would be a breach of contract and allow players to walk and Oztumer was walking our way. Maybe there has been a complication to this! Possibly, Bolton have belatedly paid outstanding wages to some players. I don't know, but seams plausible. Maybe, they are fighting the legality of players just being able to walk away - we know the administrators want transfer fees for players still under contract. Having said that, if you don't pay them, I can't see how you can expect money for them. Maybe the legal side needs resolving one way or the other.
  • Options
    I am guessing that with Bolton not paying wages, this would be a breach of contract and allow players to walk and Oztumer was walking our way. Maybe there has been a complication to this! Possibly, Bolton have belatedly paid outstanding wages to some players. I don't know, but seams plausible. Maybe, they are fighting the legality of players just being able to walk away - we know the administrators want transfer fees for players still under contract. Having said that, if you don't pay them, I can't see how you can expect money for them. Maybe the legal side needs resolving one way or the other.
    This is why I've felt that the Oztumer deal has taken much longer than needed

I also wonder how others have managed to walk away though - i.e. Oztumer and Magennis cant have been the only two players under Contract this summer
  • Options
    Maybe they have looked at players they think they can get fees for and have paid them or partially paid them.
  • Options
    Especially as we tried to get Oz in Jan
  • Options
    This is why I've felt that the Oztumer deal has taken much longer than needed

I also wonder how others have managed to walk away though - i.e. Oztumer and Magennis cant have been the only two players under Contract this summer
    I think they only had 8
  • Options
    Bolton Wanderers' takeover by Football Ventures (Whites) Limited is set to be completed by the end of the week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49072909
  • Options
    Wonder what their odds are on promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Wonder what their odds are on promotion
    With a hefty points deduction? Pretty good, I'd say...
  • Options
    Southampton only just missed out on the Play-Offs when they had their points deduction in League One... on that occasion they had a pretty strong squad and had two more points than Bolton

Their only hindrance was the fact they had Pardew as Manager
  • Options
    Southampton only just missed out on the Play-Offs when they had their points deduction in League One... on that occasion they had a pretty strong squad and had two more points than Bolton

Their squad was ridiculous. Adam Lallana & Rickie Lambert. Especially throwing money at Fonte & Barnard in January.
  • Options
    I see O’Neil played for Bolton and I’ve heard from a 100% reliable source that he is gonna be playing for millwall next season 
    on that basis Oztumer playing for them doesn’t mean he won’t sign for us if that is due to happen 
  • Options

Their squad was ridiculous. Adam Lallana & Rickie Lambert. Especially throwing money at Fonte & Barnard in January.
    They had Morgan Schneiderlain in that team too
  • Options
    Does seem odd that they've not been paid for months yet are playing in a pre-season friendly where they could get injured and therefore risk any potential move.
  • Options
    Think this one could run and run.
  • Options
    Strange that if we picked him up early after he breach of contract, having been in touch in January.  Say, £5k x 10 weeks is £50k.
  • Options
    What on earth does he do if the Bolton takeover and payment issue isn't resolved by 8 August?

Does he move to another club closer to home, playing in a higher division which will mean he gets paid but potentially could mean writing off 5 months wages?

Or does he stick with Bolton in league one, potentially not getting paid for even longer, but hopefully eventually getting his money?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    5 months wages would be a lot of money. You would assume he and others have been advised they have more chance getting them by staying put for the moment. Beyond that is anybody's guess.