Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    There was a thread like this running last year. Every time he had a bad game people would come out the woodwork again to slag him off.

Then he would do something that made them look foolish.

It seems some people never learn.
  • Options
    he isn't as good as he was but he is vital to us. help him captain this new younger team.
  • Options
    Certainly popped up today at a crucial time.
  • Options
    He delivered a true captain's performance today & covered every single blade of grass. He was immense & was certainly my MOTM.
  • Options
    I stand and stick by my earlier statement, but right place, right time today and fair play to JJ. That's what he showed in our league one winning season and throughout last year, and if he can keep doing that in the remaining 17 games he has a role to play.

Happy to eat my humble pie (for now)

;-)
  • Options
    JJ now has 43 goals for the club, he's been amazingly prolific for us, when you consider his lack of goals elsewhere. Hopefully he can reach his half century this season :-)
  • Options
    How did he do before the goal ?
  • Options
    Leave Captain Fantastic out of the eleven at your peril !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Leave Captain Fantastic out of the eleven at your peril !

Jackson, Cousins, Poyet, Ajdarevic, and presumably two more loans on the way.

Tough call eh ?

• Options
    Still loads to offer the team. Great leader. Never hides. Sign him up for next year. Amen.
  • Options

JJ now has 43 goals for the club, he's been amazingly prolific for us, when you consider his lack of goals elsewhere. Hopefully he can reach his half century this season :-)

Fantastic record, if he's fit he starts simple as

Tell me the other goal threat besides him
  • Options
    Jacko is our top goalscorer of the 21st century.
  • Options
    yeah we need to have this conversation again
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Do we, we are still unbeaten, do we really need to start slagging first team players off
  • Options

Leuth said:

Do we, we are still unbeaten, do we really need to start slagging first team players off
    When they are ineffective, again, yes.

Teams know to get tight on Igor and Yoni so we need other players to show they can cause problems. Jacko was completely anonymous today apart from almost giving away a penno.

We looked so much better when he went off and cousins went central
  • Options
    I'm not slagging anyone off. Jackson is a hero of the club, a wonderful captain and a superb human. He is also a fading force as a footballer and is plainly not up to the standard of the rest of the team. It is a sad situation and either resolution is unsatisfactory - the dilemma is made harder by the fact we are unbeaten, because it is often said that selection consistency when playing well is necessary.
  • Options
    No goals all season, hardly any attempts at goal, doesn't seem to be taking our set pieces, doesn't drive with pace through the middle, gets caught on the ball, passes backwards too much. And too slow

Positives - good influence on the young players (but he can do that from the bench).

I can't think of a way anyone can argue he deserves his place in the midfield at present. He needs a rest and then we can see where we are without him. Maybe he will come back and have more influence but for now, cousins offers more in the middle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jacko is the glue that holds it all together.
    Unbeaten at the end of September (after that crap season last year).
    Love Jacko to bits.
  • Options

Love Jacko to bits.

Perhaps its time to change glue
  • Options
    Well Buyens wants to put some on his boots then - spent more time on his arse than feet today.
  • Options

Love Jacko to bits.

Love Jacko to bits.

Love Jacko to bits.

Love Jacko to bits.

He runs and moves like he is stuck in glue. That's about it.

You seriously didn't see the difference with Cousins in the middle?

It reminds me of Colin Walsh towards the end of his career.
  • Options
    Put some glue on his boots? Your head's gone mate :)
  • Options
    People never learn do they. Lol.
  • Options
    When everyone writes him off is when he goes and shuts everyone up. Could be worth a few quid on him to score on Tuesday.
  • Options
    WSS said:

People never learn do they. Lol.

Thing is he could carry on for another 2 months like he has been. Then nick a goal and people will say 'told you so'. But that won't be enough.

2 years ago Jacko was a decent champ player. He can't carry on forever. At some point people have to let him go.