Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Rob said:
    They like him on there. He was on it a few weeks ago as a pundit.
    Think he is good mates with one of the regular pundits - Sam Parkin?
  • Options
    His legs must have gone by now surely ?
  • Options
    His legs must have gone by now surely ?
    🤔
  • Options
    Great news, absolutely love the fella 
  • Options
    Been so long, forgotten he was number 4, then saw this thread bumped, and thought he was putting on his playing boots again!
  • Options
    This thread is exactly why we as football fans shouldn’t be fickle!! So glad he has signed, he’s done wonders for the club and a good guy too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s the Maple Leaf bar in Covent Garden 
  • Options
    Bless his cotton socks ! 

Charlton Legend and Captain Fantastic back in the day.
  • Options
    More importantly did Basey also run it in 4:06?

• Options
    Well done to him.  
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I'm confused, have his legs gone or not?
    Sounds like they went at around 20.2 miles. 
  • Options
    good stuff
  • Options
    Well done that man. Legend 

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Around 20 miles is when the body's glycogen store is depleted and the body has to burn fat instead.

Glycogen is a carbohydrate that the body burns efficiently in endurance and high energy use.
    By comparison burning body fat is nowhere so efficient.

That's when Marathon runners can hit the wall.

In my time, I regularly ran half-marathons in decent times - the body copes with them easily, as it doesn't need to exhaust it's store of glycogen.

I've only ran 2 full marathons though - and while I got reasonable times, the recovery time afterwards knocked me out for a week, and so I decided marathons were not for me. But then the whole point of a marathon is to be an endurance test ...... to push the body beyond what it would naturally be capable of doing.

Well done, Jacko!
    This is why for my 2nd and 3rdMarathons I trained to 22 miles. Still a struggle after 20, but less so. Also Revvies & Carb shots to keep fuel in the system.

Also a proper carb load slowly increasing carbs in the build up to the night before a race should see the glycogen stores maintained for a bit longer. 

4th Marathon I ran purely on adrenalin of it being London and pain killers.

Given Jacko's time last year, I'd say he probably prepared a bit better for that one than this years. Which is understandable. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Around 20 miles is when the body's glycogen store is depleted and the body has to burn fat instead.

Glycogen is a carbohydrate that the body burns efficiently in endurance and high energy use.

In my time, I regularly ran half-marathons in decent times - the body copes with them easily, as it doesn't need to exhaust it's store of glycogen.

I've only ran 2 full marathons though - and while I got reasonable times, the recovery time afterwards knocked me out for a week, and so I decided marathons were not for me. But then the whole point of a marathon is to be an endurance test ...... to push the body beyond what it would naturally be capable of doing.

Well done, Jacko!
    This is why for my 2nd and 3rdMarathons I trained to 22 miles. Still a struggle after 20, but less so. Also Revvies & Carb shots to keep fuel in the system.

Also a proper carb load slowly increasing carbs in the build up to the night before a race should see the glycogen stores maintained for a bit longer. 

Given Jacko's time last year, I'd say he probably prepared a bit better for that one than this years. Which is understandable. 
    I assume being amongst 20000 other runners, being cheered on by a large crowd will give an extra 5% performance as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Well done, Jacko!

I assume being amongst 20000 other runners, being cheered on by a large crowd will give an extra 5% performance as well
     Absolutely. The feeling of a positive crowd is awesome, as is overtaking people from 'faster' waves. Super motivating.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Excellent bump
  • Options
    Now THAT is a goal celebration.

Forget all this choreographed dance move shit with stupid hand shapes to camera, just dive into the crowd and be done with it.
  • Options
    Now THAT is a goal celebration.

Forget all this choreographed dance move shit with stupid hand shapes to camera, just dive into the crowd and be done with it.
    That and the Knee slide. Proper celebration. Love it.