Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

^ From stats website Squawka.

Jackson has the highest pass accuracy + most chances created (key passes) of any other player in the squad.

There's life in the old dog yet...

I'm not especially convinced by these stats. One assist, which is I guess the corner at Brentford (hence no assists from open play, no assists in past 8 games). Considerably fewer passes than Yoni, which squares with what I've seen - the game just passes him by all too often.

I'd like to see Jordan & Yoni as a pairing, and Jacko as an impact sub...not my any means discarded altogether...
    Or Stats could also tell you he's actually doing better than Buyens (which I don't think he is) as it's saying he plays more key passes despite less actual passes as well as having 1 more assist!!!! The problem is not all JJ , JJ and Buyens are often playing against a 3 making it harder to get on to the ball as well as harder to get to the ball to make tackles. A better link man along side Igor and we'd be able to gain better possession whilst taking weight off the shoulders of the midfield two!!!!! Always thought Yann was a decent link man!!!!

^ From stats website Squawka.

Jackson has the highest pass accuracy + most chances created (key passes) of any other player in the squad.

There's life in the old dog yet...

I'm not especially convinced by these stats. One assist, which is I guess the corner at Brentford (hence no assists from open play, no assists in past 8 games). Considerably fewer passes than Yoni, which squares with what I've seen - the game just passes him by all too often.

I'd like to see Jordan & Yoni as a pairing, and Jacko as an impact sub...not my any means discarded altogether...
    Or Stats could also tell you he's actually doing better than Buyens (which I don't think he is) as it's saying he plays more key passes despite less actual passes as well as having 1 more assist!!!! The problem is not all JJ , JJ and Buyens are often playing against a 3 making it harder to get on to the ball as well as harder to get to the ball to make tackles. A better link man along side Igor and we'd be able to gain better possession whilst taking weight off the shoulders of the midfield two!!!!! Always thought Yann was a decent link man!!!!
    But now Yann is the missing link....

• masicat said:

I can't keep up with who we're slagging . Assume it's our captain now , will it be Church again soon, or Wilson? We should have an official target named monthly so we can all slag together for consistency.

Good idea... I nominate Tucudean for Official Charlton Life Scapegoat for October.
  • masicat said:

I can't keep up with who we're slagging . Assume it's our captain now , will it be Church again soon, or Wilson? We should have an official target named monthly so we can all slag together for consistency.

Imagine how boring it would be if everyone thought that every player was amazing, just because they wear a Charlton shirt.

I actually read very little slagging, and enjoy reading the various views on weak links within the squad.
  • Agreed. Healthy debate. Cousins handled himself extremely well when asked to play in three different positions at the weekend. But we didn't start ticking until he slotted into his best position. The issue here should be about putting Cousins into his natural role and then deciding who fits in next to him. As for leaders on the pitch. Thought it was interesting that the captain's armband went to Mr Solly. Our next skipper? I hope so.
  • I have no issues with the debate at all, it's a good healthy discussion on how the midfield should set up and I can see both sides to the Jackson in or out debate. However, personally I find the thread title a little disrespectful to a man who has done so much for the club and typifies everything about Charlton.

Anyway, I still think he has more to give ...
  • I'm still here, you can stop talking about me now.
  • To be fair, the stats posted above don't do anything to dissuade or reinforce the feeling that Jackson is susceptible to being overrun by quicker, more powerful midfields - yet that's not something that's had a terminal affect.

For my money, although Jackson has made a name for himself at Charlton with crucial and dramatic goals, he's rarely been an all-action, MOTM kind of CM for us.

I think his strong goal record is largely down to his canny in knowing when to make runs, when to hold, where to stand etc etc. How often do you see him shoot from 40 yards or attempt to dribble through a defence?

I think a lot of what he contributes between goals can often be overlooked or not immediately obvious. He's reliable, smart, savvy and rarely misplaces a pass - even if they are rarely spectacular passes by that same token.

Having said all that, I'd like to see Cousins given more of a go in CM too!
  • Sponsored links:

• What was that?
  • I LOVE YOU JOHNNIE!!!!
  • Had to happen, just had to!
  • Run down the wing for me...
  • and where are the boo boys now

we love you skipper
  • You guys got there first but looks like he does come up with the goals when it matters after all. This is why he's captain!
  • Jacko clearly reads CL.
  • Sponsored links:

• YESSSS... His legs are well and truly gone :P
  • We should post that Jackson should be dropped every week. Might end up with 20 goals.
  • I will gladly eat my words.
  • F**king legend
  • Lol he always does it ...what a player
  • edited September 2014
    Come in this thread, your time is up.
  • You were saying....

Never write this man off. Captain, leader and game changer. Look how many points this bloke has won us in his time here. We have no one else who can do that.

vine.co/v/Omq5n69xjMK
  • Fantastic. Captain bloomin fantastic. CAFC.
  • WHAT A WIN!