Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Gonna get worse with any industrial action.
  • Options

Got an Uber all the way in today.  Will be claiming it back from Southeastern.  F***ing useless C***s.

Got to Bexley at 05:15, no trains until at least 6am.  These jokers couldn't run a bath! 

Would be interested to know if you get any joy claiming the cost back and how you go about it. 

I left home at 5.55, got to work at 8.10.  Leaving at that time normally would have me in by 7.  

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Got an Uber all the way in today.  Will be claiming it back from Southeastern.  F***ing useless C***s.

Got to Bexley at 05:15, no trains until at least 6am.  These jokers couldn't run a bath! 

Would be interested to know if you get any joy claiming the cost back and how you go about it. 

I left home at 5.55, got to work at 8.10.  Leaving at that time normally would have me in by 7.  

Persistence is key. They'll reject it first time around, but a war is made up of many battles and only the last one is decisive.

Address it to this tosser - https://newsroom.southeasternrailway.co.uk/news/david-statham-managing-director-of-southeastern-comments-on-go-ahead-bid-news

Copy in your MP, every media forum you can think of and, last but not least, this f%*king anal prolapse of a human being: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Shapps

Write to them every week, chase it up by phone, to the point where every single person in the South Eastern office and every single government employee who has ever heard of South Eastern Trains knows your name and can't say it without adding "that annoying c%^t" at the start. 

1. You'll get your money back because, sooner or later, someone with authority will say "just give his £20 and make him go away".

2. You'll get the satisfaction of knowing that a selection of half-witted skid marks will constantly live in fear of ever hearing your name again.
    excellent 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Gonna get worse with any industrial action.
    What industrial action?
  • Options
    Any that might happen in the future.
    There is always a possibility.
  • Options
    Strap in guys. Southeastern in chaos already.

Power supply failure or some such bull.
  • Options
    Argh just SELL THE FRANCHISE AND FUCK OFF

• Options
    Just got home stoped 3 times over half hour wondering if you can claim.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are there 5 more annoying words together than ‘can you move down please’
  • Options
    If i am in bed with the misses and somewhere near top I can think of worse  ;)
  • Options
    If i am in bed with the misses and somewhere near top I can think of worse  ;)
    I'm seeing your brother tomorrow
  • Options
    "Better brace yourself, big fella"
  • Options
    "5 minutes of added time"
  • Options
    Think its more that is happens so often now, it takes effort to post.

The 07:54 Petts Wood to Cannon St has been late or cancelled more times than I've had hot dinners in the last 2.5-3 months that I'm getting the 07:36 now.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

The 07:54 Petts Wood to Cannon St has been late or cancelled more times than I've had hot dinners in the last 2.5-3 months that I'm getting the 07:36 now.
    Which turns up at what time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, when the trains aren't running down the Eltham line for over a week in February - are they putting more trains on the Sidcup line or will the best idea be to get a train the opposite way down the track in order to get on at the start to have some kind of hope of getting one? I live on the Sidcup/New Eltham borders and often go to Eltham/Falconwood instead of New Eltham/Sidcup depending on the time - could vary from 6am to 7.20am when I get a train but think I need to come up with some kind of plan as i'm fearing carnage. 
  • Options
    So, when the trains aren't running down the Eltham line for over a week in February - are they putting more trains on the Sidcup line or will the best idea be to get a train the opposite way down the track in order to get on at the start to have some kind of hope of getting one? I live on the Sidcup/New Eltham borders and often go to Eltham/Falconwood instead of New Eltham/Sidcup depending on the time - could vary from 6am to 7.20am when I get a train but think I need to come up with some kind of plan as i'm fearing carnage. 
    Its closed during half term so would expect passenger numbers to be down anyway. Most seem to think people will take leave and that other lines will stay pretty much as is.
  • Options

They said they're going to run extra trains and longer trains along the Woolwich and Bexley lines Suzi.  Whether they actually do or not is another thing.
  • Options
    I'll be spending the week working from home
  • Options
    Its closed during half term so would expect passenger numbers to be down anyway. Most seem to think people will take leave and that other lines will stay pretty much as is.
    I accept some passenger numbers will be down but not so much that it doesn't cause problems. At half term you can often still get a seat at Kidbrooke / Mottingham but not at HG / Blackheath where the posh agg 'move down the train' will still be the same! 
  • Options

They said they're going to run extra trains and longer trains along the Woolwich and Bexley lines Suzi.  Whether they actually do or not is another thing.
    That'll be good if they do. Although will fully expect signalling problems in the Lewisham area as a result. Will see what happens. I don't have any holiday to take not that i feel i should unless it's my choice, but will have to either leave home earlier or explain to boss that i'll likely be late every day due to train incompetence. I work with someone who commutes from Hayling Island every day and always has train problems, but they come from so far away it's almost like it's ok! 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Somewhere between 07:38 and 07:40, which makes me miss the 07:57 New Cross to Whitechapel.  Added bonus today was that the 08:12 was cancelled.  Well it wasn't technically cancelled.  It arrived at 08:12, we didnt move for ages and the driver announced it was the 08:27!
  • Options
    Yeah, good old signalling problems at Lewisham. Ah I've missed you!

I'm taking the week off at half-term when the Bexleyheath line is closed. I just couldn't face a week of utter carnage getting to and from work. Going away to York with the family instead!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Yeah, good old signalling problems at Lewisham. Ah I've missed you!

I'm taking the week off at half-term when the Bexleyheath line is closed. I just couldn't face a week of utter carnage getting to and from work. Going away to York with the family instead!
    Couldn't face it either, the journey is painful enough as it is  - I am off to France for a week.