Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Was about to leave work and saw that everything is delayed or cancelled. 

I'm now sitting in Brewdog in Canary Wharf with a pint in hand watching the rain out of the window.

Let me know when it's safe to make my way to Lewisham, will you?

Hmmm.
  • Disruption through St Johns expected until the end of the dayHide details

All lines have reopened at St Johns, following a fire next to the track earlier today.  However, whilst services recover, trains may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 45 minutes or revised.

Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

What's happened?

An earlier track-side fire in the St Johns area is affecting trains between London Bridge Lewisham and Hither Green. Network Rail are working to restore power to move the train trapped in the area of the earlier fire.

How does this affect my journey?

All lines have reopened but major disruption is affecting trains from London Cannon Street/London Charing Cross and London Bridge.

What do I need to do?

You can use London UndergroundDocklands Light Railway and London Buses at no extra cost on all reasonable routes to help complete you journey.

Please allow extra time to reach your destination and check for latest details via on line journey planners.

Check before you travel:

You can check your journey using the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner

Twitter:
    If you would like to follow this incident on Twitter, please use #StJohns

Compensation:
    You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.

• The first tweet re St Johns looks like it was at 17.19.
  • Took a geezer at work two hours to get home on the
    legendary bexleyheath line. Reckon i missed it by a matter of minutes. I reckon there was some sort of problem but the wag at south eastern twitter said there was a fire just for bantz. God I love that twitter feed. They’re response to the vitriolic tweets is worth the entry fee alone. I want a job there.
  • Still fucked now. How many hours after the original incident?

Drivers displaced apparently.

No plan B. No idea.
  • Went out drinking around Paddington with work people pre planned. After 3
    bottles of wine, ended up going to London Bridge. All trains on sidcup lines ‘delayed’ but the train comes in and essentially terminates and starts at London Bridge. Screw everyone at Charing Cross. I’ve had a right result. Having said that, husband who knew I had plans tried to get home, met a mate for impromptu drinks around soho and I’ve now been home over an hour and he is mia. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Went out drinking around Paddington with work people pre planned. After 3
    bottles of wine, ended up going to London Bridge. All trains on sidcup lines ‘delayed’ but the train comes in and essentially terminates and starts at London Bridge. Screw everyone at Charing Cross. I’ve had a right result. Having said that, husband who knew I had plans tried to get home, met a mate for impromptu drinks around soho and I’ve now been home over an hour and he is mia. 
    You're typing quite coherently after 3 bottles of wine, well done
  • Was about to leave work and saw that everything is delayed or cancelled. 

I'm now sitting in Brewdog in Canary Wharf with a pint in hand watching the rain out of the window.

Let me know when it's safe to make my way to Lewisham, will you?

Has it ever been safe to venture into Lewisham?
  • Took 3 hours to get home last night.

I have the misfortune of having to rely on Thameslink/Southern and South Eastern to get to and from work.

Trains cancelled at Charing Cross due to a fire.

Walk to Victoria whilst it’s pissing down with rain.

Train delayed from Victoria by 45 minutes because of a flood.

You couldn’t make it up (which I suspect they do).
  • Train left Cannon St 30 minutes late last night and got into Welling just under an hour late. 
  • Not seen this one before. From the Southeastern website:

Cattle on the railway between Tunbridge Wells and Wadhurst means all lines are blocked.

Trains between Tunbridge Wells and Hastings may be cancelled or delayed. Disruption is expected until 22:30.

What's happened?

Some cows have escaped their field and are blocking the railway near to Frant.

Due to engineering works, the Hastings Line was already closed between Wadhurst and Hastings.

• Not seen this one before. From the Southeastern website:

Cattle on the railway between Tunbridge Wells and Wadhurst means all lines are blocked.

Trains between Tunbridge Wells and Hastings may be cancelled or delayed. Disruption is expected until 22:30.

What's happened?

Some cows have escaped their field and are blocking the railway near to Frant.

Due to engineering works, the Hastings Line was already closed between Wadhurst and Hastings.

Silly moos 
  • Could we have details on how the cows escaped? Did they dig a tunnel or maybe pole vault over the fence or were they jumping over the moon and landed outside their field.
  • Its an uddder mess
  • Sponsored links:

• More bullshit excuses
  • The cow delay wasn’t their fault, that’s what I herd, so I have no beef with them this time.
  • Alright don't milk it
  • I've only just semi-skimmed this thread, but am I correct in thinking that posters are starting to revert to cow puns? 
  • More fake moos from SE.
  • Dairy repay ?
  • I know the government is keen to reduce the amount of churn with the TOC's but everything went sour a long long time ago with the gauchos at southeastern
  • Applied for a refund to my travel season ticket and received nothing but a "likely to take us 8 weeks email" so far.  Anyone else?