Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Those poor south eastern staff who used to be dealing with the complaints and "delay repay" claims.

What do they do now the trains are running at almost 100%  punctuality? Both of the trains.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Applied for a refund to my travel season ticket and received nothing but a "likely to take us 8 weeks email" so far.  Anyone else?
    I cashed mine in when work shut about 7 weeks ago, took about 3 weeks to hit my bank account, did it at the Station although it's just competing a form. 

I suspect they are pretty busy with refunds and a lot less staff, i'm sure it'll come through eventually.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Applied for a refund to my travel season ticket and received nothing but a "likely to take us 8 weeks email" so far.  Anyone else?
    I cashed mine in when work shut about 7 weeks ago, took about 3 weeks to hit my bank account, did it at the Station although it's just competing a form. 

I suspect they are pretty busy with refunds and a lot less staff, i'm sure it'll come through eventually.
    I did the same as you straight off the train. I only get monthly tickets, I doubt that makes any difference but I think the refund only took a few days. 
  • Options
    Did mine online 6 weeks ago and came through within a week I think.  Starts being a good decision halfway through May based on how much I got back vs how much I'd have to pay doing monthly until the renewal (& work season ticket loan etc).
  • Options
    I got on the first train out of Whitstable this morning into London. I was the only person to board the train. Even on a normal Saturday morning there would have been about 15 people getting on. The trains have been eerily quiet the last few weeks. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    My mate is a train driver. Told me he had 3 people on board when he pulled out if Cannon Street at 5pm last Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Trains are still pretty empty 7.21 from Barnehurst to Cannon Street I would say around 20 get on at Barnehurst 
    16.27 Cannon st to Barnehurst would say around 50 getting on at Cannon Street 
  • Options
    Are the underground trains empty as well?
  • Options
    I’m on the district line which is running at a 15 minute service, all seats are taking up and probably 10/15 standing in a carriage 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not southeastern and I've not actually got a train but Streatham is the only place in wandsworth/Lambeth where you can park for free with no restrictions so huge numbers of people drive and park here to go to work.  The station is at the top of my road so the road gets rammed with cars on a working day and most weekends too. 

When this first started it was amazing how empty our road was. How many parking spaces were free etc. The last week or 2 it's been back to how it was before lockdown. Road rammed, cars parked both sides all the way down. Someone even parked over 'our' (the garage with our property that the landlord has junk in and we dont have access to) garage (in the hour or so when I drove to the shops) which has a white line and is the 'parking space' that comes with our flat. I can only assume plenty of people are either back at work or are going somewhere in the train.
  • Options
    think the issue is now is some people are going into the office because they are " bored "
  • Options
    I’m on the district line which is running at a 15 minute service, all seats are taking up and probably 10/15 standing in a carriage 

Bloody hell, that is not good.

So would you say things have got worse over the past 5 weeks?
  • Options
    Definately in the last week it seems boredom has set in. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Had to travel home from London Bridge on South Eastern last week.

During these challenging times, with the whole world obsessed with hygiene, wearing facemasks and constantly disinfecting any surface that we might have to touch, I was grateful to South Eastern for providing me with a refreshing reminder of normality when I attempted to go for a piss and was confronted by a khazi that clearly hadn't been cleaned this year, let alone that day. Great (lack of) work guys!

Regarding the season ticket refunds - there's hardly any trains running, nobody's travelling, nobody's buying tickets, nobody's putting in Delay Repay claims, and their Twitter account is subject to the usual deluge of "where's my f%*king train?" queries. No excuse for any delay in processing refunds, the lazy tossers. The world grinds to a standstill and they can still slip into a lower gear than everyone else. Tossers.
    the cynical profiteering cash guzzling scum in SEtrains management will have furloughed every last body they can possibly do without for the duration - there might be minimum staffing levels 'front of house' on platforms etc etc but anything back office and behind the scenes will be down to skeleton staff at best - they've never been about running a train service - they've always been about hoovering up freely available government money and very good at it they are.  Getting 80% of their payroll subsidised with a ready made "covid19" excuse to trot out is SEtrains perfect business model.
  • Options
    cashed my train ST in about a month ago, had it backdated back to 20th March and had the money within about 2 weeks.

Won't ever be buying another one, on the rare occasion I do venture back into the city will just use contactless
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Good to see this thread back where it belongs, on page 1!
    You've been missed Mr Largo
  • Options
    Got the train from Plumstead to Greenwich today.
    On time and not crowded. Very pleasant.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

That's a bit of a sore point.
  • Options
    Anyone know how busy Sidcup line trains are from Lewisham around 5? Have had to go in the office today for the 1st time since lockdown and will leave it until later if they’re busy.
  • Options

Urgent repairs to the railway between Sidcup and New Eltham means the London-bound line is blocked.

Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 12:00.

What's happened?

Urgent repairs to the railway are required on the line from Sidcup towards London. As a result of this, no trains can run London-bound on the Sidcup Line. The line away from London via Sidcup is unaffected and remains open.

How does this affect my journey?

Trains which usually run on the Sidcup Line towards London will be diverted to run via alternative lines, and won't call at any stations via Sidcup.

This may also lead to some delays on alternative lines between Dartford and London, owing to the increased number of trains on these routes.

Services can still run from London to Dartford via Sidcup, but trains may be delayed through the area where staff are working on the problem.

What do I need to do?

You can use your ticket on London Buses via reasonable routes, including from stations on the Sidcup Line to stations on the Bexleyheath and Woolwich Lines.

If you're travelling from the Sidcup Line towards London, you can take a train heading away from London and change for services towards London via alternative routes.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=637370439584800000#INC8B305AAC8503495EB988462247BA98FD

• Options
    I thought there was a weird smell on the bexleyheath line this morning
  • Options
    Following urgent repairs to the railway between Sidcup and New Eltham, all lines have reopened. Train services running through these stations are returning to normal, but may be cancelled or delayed until approximately 12:00.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=637370490796950000#INC8B305AAC8503495EB988462247BA98FD
  • Options

fault with the signalling system at Lewisham is causing disruption to journey through this station. As a result of this, trains may be delayed or revised.

This is expected until 08:00.

What's happened?

-------------------------

A fault with the signalling system means that trains from Lewisham towards London Bridge can't run on all lines. Staff are en route to the location to attempt to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

How does this affect my journey?

--------------------------------------------

Some trains from Lewisham towards Charing Cross will be diverted and will not stop at Lewisham.

Other trains through Lewisham can still run, but may be delayed as fewer lines are open through the station.

What do I need to do?

-----------------------------

If you're travelling from Lewisham to Charing Cross, you may wish to take a service towards Cannon Street and change at London Bridge for services to Charing Cross.