Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Oh FFS!

A line side fire at Charing Cross is causing cancellations, alterations and delays.

• Options
    where have you seen that Curb_It?
  • Options
    Chuck on the Southeastern Management team, do us all a favour!
  • Options

Chuck on the Southeastern Management team, do us all a favour!

They could hold an "Eat the Manager" BBQ.

• Options
    It was on Twitter.
    but they have said all lines are now back open. Hopefully be back to normal soon.
  • Options
    I had to laugh the other day when I saw an article on their website bragging about being the second most improved company in the UK for customer service!!! What parallel universe do they live in???

Absolute clowns!
  • Options
    But I spoke to soon: from Twitter: a signalling problem at Lewisham is causing delays to services into and out of London. Network rail are on the job...

Another night I've got to get home... @AFKABartram You should start rallying the troops!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

But I spoke to soon: from Twitter: a signalling problem at Lewisham is causing delays to services into and out of London. Network rail are on the job...

Another night I've got to get home... @AFKABartram You should start rallying the troops!

That's probably where the problem lies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I had to laugh the other day when I saw an article on their website bragging about being the second most improved company in the UK for customer service!!! What parallel universe do they live in???

Absolute clowns!

They could adapt the Lawrie Wilson song as the company mantra, 'We used to be shite but now we're less shite'.
  • Options
    I'm at Lewisham now and it seems ok.
  • Options
    I've been getting the Thames Clipper to work from Woolwich to Embankment for about a year now. It's the same price as my return to central London used to be, I'm guaranteed a seat, you're made to queue, there's no entitled, rude idiots, there's a Costa coffee bar and Meantime and Peroni beers in the evenings, it's always on time, there's been one disruption in 12 months and that was due to a rope caught in the propeller. I love it and would recommend it to any of you who are able to commute that way. Yes it takes a bit longer but that's a small price to pay for a nice, relaxing commute.

Unfortunately I'm having to switch back to Southeastern from Monday for a couple of weeks. Dreading it...
  • Options
    That's good Mehmet.
    Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Curb_It said:

That's good Mehmet.
    Fingers crossed.

It's not that good. Means I've got no excuse not to go to the gym and I fancied a beer too.
  • Options
    all ok at Cannon St and Drinking TAs have returned to civvy street
  • Options
    5.19 rattled from CX to NE, full of Chinese students tho'
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    'Baby on Board' badge. Where can I get one of these? It seems to do the trick in getting a seat in the morning.
  • Options

'Baby on Board' badge. Where can I get one of these? It seems to do the trick in getting a seat in the morning.

Not off of women though, last week I saw a woman race to beat a pregnant lady (BOB badge and clearly heavily pregnant) for a seat on the train.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the end of the working week for most, coming up to the rush hour, hammering down with rain, step forward Southeastern.......

"Cancellations to services between New Cross and London Bridge
    Due to a broken down train between New Cross and London Bridge the London-bound line is disrupted.
    Impact
    Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled, delayed by up to 20 mins or revised. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed."

I make that everyday this week there has been one problem or another!
  • Options
    At Charing cross now, still delayed but getting back to 'normal'
  • Options
    At cannon street, still fucked
  • Options
    Are you kidding dave... im turning off my phone and internet. Don't want AFKA trying to tempt me into the Wetherspoon when I'm trying to get this week's office flower arrangement home. I might lose them.
  • Options
    I'm ready and waiting Curb It :-)
  • Options
    Sorry mate... im going straight to the dlr.
  • Options
    Why would you ever use South Eastern, rather than DLR, if you wanted to go, from say Canon Street to Woolwich ?

Genuine question.
  • Options

Why would you ever use South Eastern, rather than DLR, if you wanted to go, from say Canon Street to Woolwich ?

Genuine question.

For me, Because I have a yearly gold card on a season ticket loan from work (train only as don't use it for anything else) for about 100 a month or similar. A season ticket on oyster is about 1700. Just rough figures. I need to work out what the proper sums are when expires later in year.